Thread: Correcting ground staff and groundcrew in CoD

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Correcting ground staff and groundcrew in CoD

Hi,
    Larrys post in screenshots where the BoB film scene of Luft personnel standing to attention, one manning the barrier, as the generals car stops by the parked He111's, is replicated in CoD, but with Wehrmacht soldiers ! again illustrates the big failing in CoD, no Luftwaffe or RAF groundcrew or personnel ?

Who can take up the challenge and fix this embarrassing error ?

Is it just a question of removing the 'skin' and creating a new one with blue-grey uniforms ? Trouble is RAF groundcrew would need steel helmets removing unless we go 'battle bowlers' always on mode, but that was when air raid was imminent, looks silly at all times. I would settle for that though, anything to get rid of the army servicing aircraft.

Cant understand why original team did army not RAF or Luft ground personnel.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...l=1#post213136

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...l=1#post208042

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...l=1#post199671

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Feb-21-2016 at 18:40.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Correcting ground staff and groundcrew in CoD

Is it planned at all to fix this crazy error of german army as Luft groundcrew ?

ditto British army instead of RAF for RAF groundcrew ?

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

I think TFS have more pressing things than worrying about ground crew. Single player is still in a sorry state for those who do not go online so to me this is more important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We will look at this for TF 5.0.

5. Likes PhoenixCNE, Hurricane liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    We will look at this for TF 5.0.
    Hi,

Thats comforting to know, its so very wrong in a BoB sim. Any ground still shots with groundcrew are a joke at present.

Is there anyway I can edit the jpeg into bluegrey meanwhile, I assume straps are just painted onto the tunics so I can paint them out.
    Steel helmets Luft are a 3D modelling fix though, but the RAF steel helmets again just need making the correct shade of blue grey, which I can do knowing the correct shade already.

I find though that using a certain RGB colour doesnt see that colour displayed, so some trial and error until it looks good is required.

This then would enable users to simply replace the jpg with mine for a quick fix.

Where is this jpeg I wonder.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

I wish to fix this myself for my own screenshots, unable to have any groundcrew in my scenes and I cannot stand this error any more. BoB looks just daft with this. cannot believe original team did this.

as per my post...

Is there anyway I can edit the jpeg into bluegrey meanwhile, I assume straps are just painted onto the tunics so I can paint them out.
    Steel helmets Luft are a 3D modelling fix though, but the RAF steel helmets again just need making the correct shade of blue grey, which I can do knowing the correct shade already.

This then would enable users to simply replace the jpg with mine for a quick fix.

Where is this jpeg I wonder.
    anyone point me to where I can get at this ? PLEASE !!!!

BOBC

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Are you talking about changing the skin of the humans? Is that the Jpeg you are asking for?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Are you talking about changing the skin of the humans? Is that the Jpeg you are asking for?
    yes, their clothing skin, and steel helmet skin, (as opposed to their flesh skin ! ), and the leather straps etc, which I hope are just painted over the clothing skin, else I will also paint the leather the same colour as the cloth in whatever jpeg it resides.

I have just tried opening skins folders both in original and MOD addresses in 1Csoftclub and find they are blank, look in Blenheim IV...blank, vant even find default blenheim skins !

Just where are pilot skins, groundcrew skins, even blenheim and Ju88 skins held ?

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jul-02-2017 at 18:42.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Help anyone !!!

Still unable to edit groundcrew, as need to know where are groundcrew skins stored ?

Also how do we get skins into the choice for FMB Static Aircraft>Tech Skins, as all my statics have the same code letters and schemes.

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

BOBC, you cannot edit the ground crew, only TFS can edit it and add it to the game. Buzzsaw said above that we would be looking at this for v5.00 and we will. It isn't a simple matter of just changing the 'skin' it will also require the model to be edited to remove the helmet too. These are we appreciate small fixes but we have a lot of 'small fixes' which add up to a large sum of all parts. There are many fixes and tweaks we are looking at, this included.....once it's ready you'll certainly know.

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

12. Likes ATAG_Deacon, gonk liked this post