Thread: Wolf's Skins & Tools

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Wolf's Skins & Tools

Is my intention to create skins the closest possible to reality.
    As far as i know during the latest days of war and the years that followed all the airplanes and German military related items in general were systematically destroyed, due to fear of the rise of the reich or to avoid this items to become relics.

All that survived are a few airplanes today placed in museums.

The colors that we have knowledge today are the remains of those days faded with time and the fruit of the interpretation of some wise people that try to preserve history.

My quest is to find sources that documented this RLM colors the closest to reality possible, i'll give preference to older sources that registered the colors before ageing made his mark.

In the end i hope to have a list of accurate "Digital RLM pain colors" that we can use in programs like Gimp and Photoshop to recreate Historic skins, or to create fictitious ones for the airplanes.

But This will be, "my interpretation", i don't clam it to be the most.. or the best... but just my interpretation. Yours to use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xxx

This is the RLM chart that i created to help us create accurate Luftwaffe skins.
    Is my personal interpretation from the sources i could lay eyes on... you may disagree, and i respect that. Yours to use, i hope it help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xxx

1st Wolf's Historical skin:
    13 White - I/JG27 "Derna, Libya 1941"

You can keep up to date about my skins in the album below:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...php?albumid=95

Screenshots of this skin.

Last edited by Fritz Wolf; Mar-12-2016 at 20:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Wolf's Skins & Tools

Very nice skin!

Unfortunately colours work differently on different aircraft types in-game. So remember that any colour chart you make will only be specific to one plane type.

Cheers, Setback
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

3. Likes Fritz Wolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    Very nice skin!

Unfortunately colours work differently on different aircraft types in-game. So remember that any colour chart you make will only be specific to one plane type.

Cheers, Setback
    Hi! Setback!

Thank you for you opinion , a artist is nothing without critics.

When you say that colors work differently on aircraft types in-game you refer to different sides of the war... alies / axis?
    Or you mean that they work differently on different aircraft within the same army, depending on class or even model.

I didn't try the chart on other axis planes... but i believe they will have the same effect. Soon i will do some Ju-87, or Do-17's. poste them here and i hope you give me your opinion on that.

By the way!!!
    I have a question, maybe some of you more experienced guys can elucidate me...

Is it just me or you also have a defective set of Bf-109 planes?
    All my Bf-109 models have the left nose machine gun longer than the other? This question is confusing me i even reinstall the game from scratch and it stays the same.
    Last edited by Fritz Wolf; Mar-13-2016 at 08:26.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Wolf's Skins & Tools

Re: one gun muzzle protruding more than the other... It is necessary to allow the magazines / feed to fit under cowling. Need to be slightly linearly offset as they are so close.

Only a model but you get the idea.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Mindle; Mar-13-2016 at 09:33.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Here's a better view:

7. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Wolf View Post
    Hi! Setback!

Thank you for you opinion , a artist is nothing without critics.

When you say that colors work differently on aircraft types in-game you refer to different sides of the war... alies / axis?
    Or you mean that they work differently on different aircraft within the same army, depending on class or even model.

I didn't try the chart on other axis planes... but i believe they will have the same effect. Soon i will do some Ju-87, or Do-17's. poste them here and i hope you give me your opinion on that.

By the way!!!
    I have a question, maybe some of you more experienced guys can elucidate me...

Is it just me or you also have a defective set of Bf-109 planes?
    All my Bf-109 models have the left nose machine gun longer than the other? This question is confusing me i even reinstall the game from scratch and it stays the same.
    I wasn't criticising, sorry if I gave that impression.
    I think it is very good that you did a colour chart. I am thinking of doing one myself after TF5 is released and I have time to do it, but it needs to be done separately for every plane in the game. I have tried copying colours that work perfectly on one aircraft to others, and they are wrong. The hue (shade of colour) is different and so is the lightness when applied to other planes, and viewed in-game.
    Your colours will no doubt work for all the Bf 109s, but if you use them on Bf108 or He111, Ju87 etc. they will be wrong.
    There is nothing wrong with having a colour chart, but you need to do a different one for every plane.

By the way...are you using the most recent mod, TF patch 4.312? On the screenshot I can't see any shine on the aircraft, and it looks an earlier version of the game (judging by light/colour). Colours vary very much between the mods/patches too.

If I were you I'd wait until the release of TF5 before doing a full set of colour patches for all aircraft (in case you are tempted) just in case there is some adjustment made to the game that affects the colours (though I don't expect there will be). It involves a lot of work, and would be a shame to have to redo it.

Cheers, Setback
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

ATAG_Colander and ATAG_Mindle Thank you for elucidate me on this issue.

Is amazing! After all the this time I was never confronted with this fact. I assembled about a dozen of Bf-109 kits and never came across this evidence.
    We are always learning. This prove the level of accuracy TF aim!

I'm happy!

10. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

I wasn't criticising, sorry if I gave that impression.
    I think it is very good that you did a colour chart. I am thinking of doing one myself after TF5 is released and I have time to do it, but it needs to be done separately for every plane in the game. I have tried copying colours that work perfectly on one aircraft to others, and they are wrong. The hue (shade of colour) is different and so is the lightness when applied to other planes, and viewed in-game.
    Your colours will no doubt work for all the Bf 109s, but if you use them on Bf108 or He111, Ju87 etc. they will be wrong.
    There is nothing wrong with having a colour chart, but you need to do a different one for every plane.

By the way...are you using the most recent mod, TF patch 4.312? On the screenshot I can't see any shine on the aircraft, and it looks an earlier version of the game (judging by light/colour). Colours vary very much between the mods/patches too.

If I were you I'd wait until the release of TF5 before doing a full set of colour patches for all aircraft (in case you are tempted) just in case there is some adjustment made to the game that affects the colours (though I don't expect there will be). It involves a lot of work, and would be a shame to have to redo it.

Cheers, Setback
    major_setback, please!! No need to say sorry!
    I see your criticism as a positive thing! I believe you did a constructive comment! Not those kind of negative destructive comments some looses, in other forums, like to do!

Your arguments are well placed and converge in my view about the difficulty of having a RLM chart or other chart that is historically accurate. Because there is a lot of factors involved. Ageing, deterioration, artifacts in photos and reproductions, etc. The light is a important factor to have in mind as well, and of course the specific characteristics of the game rendering engine itself.
    On this last chapter as a Team Fusion member you must be much more elucidated person and i appreciate your opinion.
    You probably agree with me that the light in different stages of the day influence the perception we have of colors. This appends in real life, as i expected to be reflected by the game rendering engine. So, and correct me if i am wrong, If i use a accurate chart, the result will be accurate in the game, independently of the time of the day and environment factors.

About the version i was using to take the screenshots.. i can confirm it is the TF patch 4.312 download from the link provided by ATAG. I selected the time to be 18H30M to avoid the high glare and to have a bit of warmth color effect. I also tried the skin in other conditions and they look good to me.

Since you pointed out that the colors will work for all the Bf-109 i will try to replicate this specific skin in the Me-110 and have them flying side by side. I hope to have the screenshot posted soon so we can have a look.

I can't wait to have the TF 5.0 ... i have high expectations!

Keep up the good work.

Fritz.

12. Likes SD_MBen, ChiefRedCloud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hi Fritz Wolf - great looking skins!! Very nicely done!!

If you want to share them there's a section available to upload your own work here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...?categoryid=12

Hopefully we get to see some more 109 skins!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Hi Fritz Wolf - great looking skins!! Very nicely done!!

If you want to share them there's a section available to upload your own work here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...?categoryid=12

Hopefully we get to see some more 109 skins!
    Thank you for the support Bliss!

I posted the skin ... but i think i did it in the wrong place!

Thank you for pointing right the way!
    I will start working in historical accurate and fictional skins for the Bf-109 soon and is my joy to share them with you all.

15. Likes ChiefRedCloud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

major_setback !!

I started to work on the Bf-110 skin.. the African camo i posted for the Bf-109, so we can compere the diference of colors on the different models.

Is a work in progress... since i have make a template for the BF-110! The overlapping areas and joints are far from perfect, but we can have one idea of the final result.

test 110 001.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts!

17. Likes ATAG_Bliss, ChiefRedCloud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Hi Fritz Wolf
    Awesome skin Buddy and thanks for the Colour chart, very helpful.
    BTW do you use Gimp or Photoshop?
    Regards
    Keith [AKA..Keefyboy/checkmysix]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

major_setback !!

I started to work on the Bf-110 skin.. the African camo i posted for the Bf-109, so we can compere the diference of colors on the different models.

Is a work in progress... since i have make a template for the BF-110! The overlapping areas and joints are far from perfect, but we can have one idea of the final result.

test 110 001.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts!
    I think your colours are excellent. And it's good if the colours for the 1Bf09 and 110 are interchangeable (I haven't yet skinned these types).
    Just a tip: The white of the crosses might be a bit too light, and will 'burn-out' in brighter conditions. You could probably darken them quite a bit and it would still look good, and will then work better during brighter times of day.

As you say, the aircraft look different at different times of day, and they won't look perfect in every type of light, so all skins need to be a bit of a compromise.

As you mention, the overlapping of the camouflage pattern on the different parts of the aircraft (when joined) is a pain to do, but it is really well worth putting effort in to doing it. It is a shame to have an otherwise good looking aircraft spoiled by mismatched camouflage patterns/dots. Especially when probably only involves a couple of hours work of matching/adjusting. From what you wrote it seems like you are thinking of doing this

Great work on these skins and on the colour chart!

Cheers, Setback

Principle skinner

20. Likes Fritz Wolf, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

I think your colours are excellent. And it's good if the colours for the 1Bf09 and 110 are interchangeable (I haven't yet skinned these types).
    Just a tip: The white of the crosses might be a bit too light, and will 'burn-out' in brighter conditions. You could probably darken them quite a bit and it would still look good, and will then work better during brighter times of day.

As you say, the aircraft look different at different times of day, and they won't look perfect in every type of light, so all skins need to be a bit of a compromise.

As you mention, the overlapping of the camouflage pattern on the different parts of the aircraft (when joined) is a pain to do, but it is really well worth putting effort in to doing it. It is a shame to have an otherwise good looking aircraft spoiled by mismatched camouflage patterns/dots. Especially when probably only involves a couple of hours work of matching/adjusting. From what you wrote it seems like you are thinking of doing this

Great work on these skins and on the colour chart!

Cheers, Setback

Fantastic tip! i didn't think about it .. but now you mentioned it, i used the German makings as they came in the template... from now on i will change the color with the ones on my chart and see if work better under bright conditions.

I am working on 2 skins for the BF-110 right now. Nothing too fancy, one tropical camo of the 8.ZG26 and one winter camo of the II.ZG1 ! But yes!! Joints and overlaps are painful!

They are almost finished and i will put your tip to use. I expect to upload them today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Better late than never!

I upload 2 Historic skins for the Bf-110 C7.

Here you have some screenshots:

8.ZG26 - 3U KS - Africa - 1942

6.ZG1 "Wespe" S9 LP - Russia - 1942

Skins Link
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...?categoryid=19

Let me know your thoughts!
    Critics, ideas, requests are welcone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

WOW...lovely 109 and 110 skins Mate and as Setback has mentioned the devil is in the detail
    when it comes to overlapping of the camouflage pattern on the different parts of the aircraft,
    so I use Panel Finder which is great for locating those difficult to find areas.
    Keep up the great work.
    Regards
    Keith

24. Likes Fritz Wolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by KeefyBoy View Post
    WOW...lovely 109 and 110 skins Mate and as Setback has mentioned the devil is in the detail
    when it comes to overlapping of the camouflage pattern on the different parts of the aircraft,
    so I use Panel Finder which is great for locating those difficult to find areas.
    Keep up the great work.
    Regards
    Keith
    Hello Keith! Thank you for the support!

I also use panel finder!! A m8 posted in the forum a 2 nice images one in color and other in black and white that help a lot, but even with those tools i have to burn my eyelashes to make the skin perfect.
    I also follow setback's advice and change the markings colors. I used the black and white from the RLM chart and is much more natural now.
    Since you like to do skin, feel free to use the RLM chart i put together! Is only for German planes... maybe i will make a RAF chart too ... i don't know yet. I want to make a lot more of German skins first. Is a joy to share them with the community.

Fritz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Hello Keith! Thank you for the support!

I also use panel finder!! A m8 posted in the forum a 2 nice images one in color and other in black and white that help a lot, but even with those tools i have to burn my eyelashes to make the skin perfect.
    I also follow setback's advice and change the markings colors. I used the black and white from the RLM chart and is much more natural now.
    Since you like to do skin, feel free to use the RLM chart i put together! Is only for German planes... maybe i will make a RAF chart too ... i don't know yet. I want to make a lot more of German skins first. Is a joy to share them with the community.

Fritz
    Hi Fritz
    Your welcome Buddy.
    I will definatly take you up on your kind offer to use the RLM Colours as they seem more natural than the ones
    at simmerspaintshop.
    I would like to recipricate by giving you a link to all my Layered CloD Templates.
    Happy skinning M8 loking forward to some more gr8 Skins.
    Regards
    Keith
    Keefyboy/checkmysix Templates http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=707488

27. Likes Fritz Wolf, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Hi Fritz
    Your welcome Buddy.
    I will definatly take you up on your kind offer to use the RLM Colours as they seem more natural than the ones
    at simmerspaintshop.
    I would like to recipricate by giving you a link to all my Layered CloD Templates.
    Happy skinning M8 loking forward to some more gr8 Skins.
    Regards
    Keith
    Keefyboy/checkmysix Templates http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=707488
    Thank you Keith!

I will have a look on the link right now!

I don't know if you read about the process followed in the creation of the color chart. Basically I transfer old documented color charts to RGB color system, aiming to grater color reproduction fidelity in game. So far setback pointes some important considerations that helped me a lot. And everyone else that came across my work and was king enough to leve a comment seams to be very pleased.

Right now I am looking for photographic evidence or accurate paint schemes to reproduce historical skins for the Luftwaffe.. If you have knowledge of good sources, please share!

Fritz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Thank you Keith!

I will have a look on the link right now!

I don't know if you read about the process followed in the creation of the color chart. Basically I transfer old documented color charts to RGB color system, aiming to grater color reproduction fidelity in game. So far setback pointes some important considerations that helped me a lot. And everyone else that came across my work and was king enough to leve a comment seams to be very pleased.

Right now I am looking for photographic evidence or accurate paint schemes to reproduce historical skins for the Luftwaffe.. If you have knowledge of good sources, please share!

Fritz
    Hi Fritz
    RLM Colours and how they are portrayed in painted illustrations,I think its almost impossible to know what the true colours would have looked like as RLM Colour swatches RGB/HEX value will vary slightly from different sources and the printing process will also throw up slight colour variations even in another copy of the same publication.
    Also general wear and tear can also lighten the Hue of the paint so basically
    its pretty much open to interpritation and no one can say that a representation is definitifly right or wrong even colour photo's from the time cant be taken at face value for the same reasons I have already metioned.
    Just use the colours in Your RLM Chart and add wear and tear layers to give a more accurate look ,no two paintschemes will be exatly the same
    All we can do is as close as possible represent the subject as best we can.
    Regards
    Keith.
    Last edited by KeefyBoy; Mar-16-2016 at 09:21.

30. Likes Fritz Wolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Hi Fritz
    RLM Colours and how they are portrayed in painted illustrations,I think its almost impossible to know what the true colours would have looked like as RLM Colour swatches RGB/HEX value will vary slightly from different sources and the printing process will also throw up slight colour variations even in another copy of the same publication.
    Also general wear and tear can also lighten the Hue of the paint so basically
    its pretty much open to interpritation and no one can say that a representation is definitifly right or wrong even colour photo's from the time cant be taken at face value for the same reasons I have already metioned.
    Just use the colours in Your RLM Chart and add wear and tear layers to give a more accurate look ,no two paintschemes will be exatly the same
    All we can do is as close as possible represent the subject as best we can.
    Regards
    Keith.

I totally agree, that's the reason i look up in to old sources.
    Anyway i know this is just my interpretation but is a joy to see the members happy with the results.

Fritz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Hello!!!

I just uploaded 2 Historical skins for the Bf-109, E1

3./JG 101 - 7 Yellow - "Hoya , Germany, November 1939"

2./JG 77 - 1 Red - Hptm. Hannes Trautloft - "Juliusburg, Germany, September 1939"

Link to the download page:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...?categoryid=16

Let me know what you think about it. Critics, ideas, requests are welcome!

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Hello everyone!

I uploaded another skin today!

This time for the alies a Spitfire Historical skin that i hope you like...

I will leve you some history and screen shots.

Spitfire Mk.lla MR-Z - Tancos - Portugal - 1942

Portugal air force had 112 spitfires in 4 different versions.
    They play the role of fighter planes until 1948.
    After that date they became high performance trainers.
    In Portugal the last Spitfire retire from duty in 1955.

This particular airplane, MR+Z, entered service in 1942 and served in "Base Nº3" in Tancos.
    It can bee seen today in the "Força Aérea Portuguesa Museum", Alverca, Portugal.

Museum
    ML255_Vickers-Supermarine_Spitfire.jpg

Shots

Link for the files:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...?categoryid=33

34. Likes ATAG_Bliss, LARRY69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.30 MB

Hi everyone!!

First of all thank you ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Bliss, LARRY69, major_setback, GERMANWOLF, danperin, ATAG_Colander, 9./JG52 Mindle9 and every member in general for the support and incentive you have been giving me to keep posting the airplane skins for IL-2 COD.

Today i will upload another Spitfire skin, a originally the paint work of the Luftwaffe on a captured Mk.IX. I know the game don't include this model, but i thought it will be fun to use it anyway.
    The air frame under section and tail was painted RLM2 a and the upper section was painted RLM 74 on top of the RAF scheme, the original camo outline can still be noticed underneath.

I hope you anjoy

Screenshots:

Link for the skin:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...&downloadid=65
    Last edited by Fritz Wolf; Mar-26-2016 at 14:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Hi Fritz
    WOW...Awesome Skins as usual Buddy,keep em coming

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi Wolf,
    Glad to see you are trying to get ACCURATE Luft colours. This is also my intention having seen many not so accurate ones, yet the references are easily enough purchased. A notable difference to reality is the colour RLM70 which is a very dark BLUISH green, think of it as pine tree leaf green or ivy leaf green compared to deciduous tree leaf green., yet I see a dark olive green which is a yellow base green. It has to be a case of purchasing or borrowing the accurate Luftwaffe paint charts, nothing else will suffice, no models or color biased WW2 photos or museum aircraft photoed in tungsten light or with high iso giving colour noise, flash fall off etc. I tried capturing the genuine accurate RAF green and brown on Cosfords spitfire Mk1 and failed despite using flash at angle, existing light etc etc.. I know of just a few WW2 photos that portray the colour without colour bias from stocks used or time shift.
    THE book to get is K A Merrick Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings, Classic Publications 2004. The Merrick book has the most significant and important actual paint chip charts in the back, so ensure they are all there ! They used rare discovered original formulation documents ( I also hold such Luft documents) and recreated the colours using all original ingredients, so what you get is what was seen at the time, not based on relics as paint does change colour in time, even if stored in the dark !
    Failing that then The Modellers Luftwaffe Painting Guide J R Smith, G G Pentland and R P Lutz 1979 Kookaburra Technical Publications Pty Ltd. They compare well to the Merrick chart, so Smith and co did do very well.
    I have seen other charts such as Eagle but which fail on the colours, I recall RLM65 being very wrong.

The Monogram lever arch ringbinder type book called The Official Monogram Painting Guide to German Aircraft was also very good. It commanded high prices second hand, the Kookaburra one was just as accurate, then along came the bible, Merrick !

There was also Michael Ullmanns Luftwaffe Colours 1935-45 but a real shame and he was livid !... the publishers produced the colour chips in gloss, so I never know if they are correct as seen or if we need to overcoat them with satin varnish to see the correct colours, as the shinier the coating the richer looking the colours.

For the RAF the only choice I am aware of for actual paint chips is the British Aviation Colours of WW II in the RAF Museum Series Vol 3 Arms and Armour Press 1976.

I have all these I mention but capturing the colours using photography is not easy. Light is not neutral, yellowy becoming bluey and back to yellow at end of day. Best photographed in the shade but I found the blue sky actually imparted a blue tint to the colours and the neutral grey card I held with them as a test of colour balance ! Maybe 10/10 cloud at midday is best.

Fly the aircraft under such conditions as well and ensure sun location is 45 degrees angled to the surface you are studying. I suggest, on that basis, a flight path north east at midday or whatever time the sun is due south, and create 10/10 cloud. Direct comparison to the charts can then be made.

Furthermore its the relationship between the colours and their darkness on the greyscale, so place together on the PC e.g. RLM70 and 71 abutting each other, surrounded by neutral grey, (always study and compare colour through a grey mask, not laid out on a coloured area) and then slide the saturation slider to zero and see how they relate in terms of darkness and compare to the colours they give when flown in the sim, by doing the same to those. Study WW2 b/w pics to see the greyscale relationship. Beware orthochromatic film though, which makes yellows dark !

I am interested to see just how the same rlm mixes come out with different colours when flown on different aircraft. It will be a real pain to have to custom mix RLM for each and every different Luft aircraft. Just what was Oleg up to when coming up with that one ? !

I think the sheens in MoD3.01 are good and the high gloss in 4.312 are definitely very wrong for the RAF, so to create accurate colours and have white burn out as sun reflects on the gloss .....sheesh... I will be making for 3.01 ! Also in Mod 4 onwards, the thin layer of opaque white we see as frost on the aircraft isnt right either, colours dont lighten that way as they start to catch the light, white gets mixed into a colour in nature, not overlaid as frost on it. MoD 3 and 3.01 looks correct in that respect.

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Sep-10-2016 at 19:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Hi Fritz,
    Welcome to ATAG Cliffs of Dover.
    It is cool to have a new skinner in our midst, as all new skins are most welcome in-game.

Are you going to do any skins for the Battle of Britain (Kanalkampf)?
    I have a set of Single missions featuring the Luftwaffe Experten who took park in the battle, Galland, Molders, Wick etc.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=21067

It would be cool if you can skin some of their planes!

Your 6.ZG1 "Wespe" S9 LP - Sonntag Russia - 1942 is excellent work!

Ben
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Fritz,
    I have sent you a PM, ref rlm65 (and rlm70 and 71) and the fact that your rlm65 is much nearer the colour we need, but how did you achieve that when skinning with the rgb actual rlm65 sees it go much lighter.
    shot_20170624_235824 compare rlm65 wf.jpg

The chart to use as reference is Merrick 2008 1938 colour swatch.

I now have this as RGB values. for cloudy bright and sun. (cloudy bright waste of time as sim displays same colours if aircraft in shade or in sun ! )

BOBC