Thread: VoiceAttack Software

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

VoiceAttack Software

I've mentioned to a few people on TS that I use some software called VoiceAttack and thought I would throw this post up in case anyone was interested in trying it.

I'm not connected to the software in any way just in case people were wondering but I can offer any help or assistance as I've been using it since it was released.

What it basically does is creates a macro or key press that is activated by your voice instead of you pressing a key.

So for example if you wanted the Tab-7-1 command in game you would have to obviously press Tab-7-1. You could create a macro that activates this upon a key press such as the one in Lewis's Thread and that works great, but I tend to move my keyboard aside to place my X52 in front of me so I would then have to lean around to press the Macro key.

Instead I just say "Enemy Contacts" and VoiceAttack does it for me. The great thing is you can also have TTS voice confirmation on things so for example I say "Undercarriage" and the TTS Voice says "Undercarriage" back to me so I know it has actioned the command. There is no limit to the keyboard commands you can use, any combination of Shift-Alt-Ctrl, Numpad, F keys etc can be used and in case you were wondering you assign the key press you use for TS PTT and it ignores anything it hears while that is active so if your chatting to a team mate and say something like "My damned engine switched off last time" it ain't gonna switch your engine off.

I will provide my Cliffs profile for anyone to download so you can open it and get an idea of how it works and obviously the commands may need to be changed to YOUR in game settings.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: VoiceAttack Software

Voice Attack is Shareware w/ $10 Registration fee if you like it.

http://voiceattack.com/purchase.aspx

I personally recommend "Voice Activated Commands", a very sophisticated program (Shareware w/ $18 Registration fee if you like it.)

http://www.dwvac.com/purchase.html

Voice Activated Commands is no longer supported. I just installed Voice Attack on my new system, and it works well.
    Last edited by Baffin; Feb-12-2024 at 12:09.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Rimmer, just loaded and tried out VoiceAttack, ans it's great.
    Set it up for finding enemy contacts (tab 7-1 and tab 4-1), to find "homeplate" , and for airstrip conditions so far, mostly just to see how they work.
    Have downloaded your profile for it, although not added it yet.
    But thanks very much for sharing this, it's going to be both fun to use, and useful.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Just bumping this thread to remind/inform you that Voice attack is certainly a useful tool to have when flying sims.

It certainly can take the place of the keyboard for many things when flying.

I have used it to rearm/refuel, request the direction home, and have it set up for some other comms functions.

It comes in very handy after I have been mauled because I yell "JUMP" and that opens the canopy and tosses me out of the plane.

(I might possibly be the highest repeat member of the caterpillar club on the planet! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterpillar_Club As an aside, if you can get your hands on a copy of "Into The Silk: True Stories of the Caterpillar Club" I strongly recommend it - it is mostly about those who had to jump during the war; I had my copy handed down to me from my dad, and have read it several times. Think it is hard to get hold of these days though.)

I believe that you are allowed a maximum of 20 commands at a time for no cost, but if you want to go above that then you pay $10 US.

Can also be used when video editing and many other things (none of which I have explored).

Nothing to lose by giving it a try.

I have not had any problems with it except that i think I now load my headtracking prior to VoiceAttack because it otherwise doesn't load properly (can't remember as it's been a while since I've had any conflicts).
    Last edited by farley; Mar-02-2019 at 14:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

I think that VA is very useful especally for VR. For flat screen games its great for giving orders to wingmen etc.

6. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_Crash View Post
    I think that VA is very useful especally for VR. For flat screen games its great for giving orders to wingmen etc.
    Hadn't thought that far ahead Crash, but absolutely would be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-San View Post
    I've mentioned to a few people on TS that I use some software called VoiceAttack and thought I would throw this post up in case anyone was interested in trying it.

I'm not connected to the software in any way just in case people were wondering but I can offer any help or assistance as I've been using it since it was released.

What it basically does is creates a macro or key press that is activated by your voice instead of you pressing a key.

So for example if you wanted the Tab-7-1 command in game you would have to obviously press Tab-7-1. You could create a macro that activates this upon a key press such as the one in Lewis's Thread and that works great, but I tend to move my keyboard aside to place my X52 in front of me so I would then have to lean around to press the Macro key.

Instead I just say "Enemy Contacts" and VoiceAttack does it for me. The great thing is you can also have TTS voice confirmation on things so for example I say "Undercarriage" and the TTS Voice says "Undercarriage" back to me so I know it has actioned the command. There is no limit to the keyboard commands you can use, any combination of Shift-Alt-Ctrl, Numpad, F keys etc can be used and in case you were wondering you assign the key press you use for TS PTT and it ignores anything it hears while that is active so if your chatting to a team mate and say something like "My damned engine switched off last time" it ain't gonna switch your engine off.

I will provide my Cliffs profile for anyone to download so you can open it and get an idea of how it works and obviously the commands may need to be changed to YOUR in game settings.

Enjoy.
    I copied your profile,modded it a bit, and am up and running.

Thanks,

SLAG
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Must have missed this original thread. Will have to give this a go.
    What is the TTS Voice confirmation that the OP spoke of ?
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Must have missed this original thread. Will have to give this a go.
    What is the TTS Voice confirmation that the OP spoke of ?
    You can program Voiceattack to generate and playback voice messages, using the MS Windows technology that converts Text To Speech.

You add the desired messages in text into the voice command actions you have created, then when you call that command VA will 'read' the message to you via the MS in-built voice.

11. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post