Thread: New server plug in...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

New server plug in...

All,

Don't be alarmed if you see something new when you join the server next time it rotates. This is normal. You will now have the ability to track what damage to the component level that has been done to your plane / enemy's plane from in game.

How this works: Once spawned in a plane, hit escape and you'll be taken to a special stats screen (should be self explanatory from there). But just remember, this only works and keeps track for the plane you are flying. If you leave your plane or are killed in action you will not get this function. So try to do a nice full sortie, make it back alive, and hit escape to get your AAR

Of course, I had nothing to do with this. A Big +1 to Colander another great piece of programming!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Re: New server plug in...

WOW !
    The Magician hits again..!
    A BIG SALUTE and THX to You Colander !-)
    -now the only thing would be "R R R"..

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A Big +1 to Colander another great piece of programming! you da man , that is so cool ,I must admit at first thought my game took some new kind of crap. but this is CHROME TITS M8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Did you have to make it so belittling? "Tiny Fuel Leak, Compass damage, Navigation Light damage." Lol, just joking man. P

It's a great addition. I love being able to see exactly what damage I did to others as well as myself. Awesome job Colander! +1!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Code_E View Post
    Did you have to make it so belittling? "Tiny Fuel Leak, Compass damage, Navigation Light damage." Lol, just joking man. P

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Code_E View Post

It's a great addition. I love being able to see exactly what damage I did to others as well as myself. Awesome job Colander! +1!
    Haha - I agree. This is pretty cool. It kinda makes the extra effort staying alive worth it.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That data is fantastic. I just got this here:
    ***** Damage Caused *****

Plane: SpitfireMkIa_oct
    ---- Inflicted:
    Electrical generator damaged
    Engine damage

Plane: SpitfireMkIa
    ---- Inflicted:
    Engine damage
    Emergency hydraulics failure
    Flaps failure
    Engine oil cooling/lubrication damage
    Engine water cooling damage
    Hydraulics tank perforated
    Pneumatics compressor failure
    Pneumatics hose perforated
    Engine disabled
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Engine water cooling damage
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Engine damage

Plane: SpitfireMkIIa
    ---- Inflicted:
    Engine damage
    Engine damage
    Electrical battery damaged
    Engine damage
    Cockpit damage
    Cockpit damage

Plane: SpitfireMkIa
    ---- Parts cut off:
    Miscellaneous part

***** Your plane has these damages: *****

***** Your plane is missing these parts: *****
    What is "Miscellaneous part" ? Wholes in the wings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by *Helo* View Post
    What is "Miscellaneous part" ? Wholes in the wings
    Unidentified parts. As in "I don't have a clue what this part is"

Could be things from the stick that holds the antenna cable to a spar inside the cabin.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Nonetheless, absolute cool feature!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Hey colander!
    Great work on the plugin, i love finding out after i land what damages i inflicted!
    Is it possible to make it only show after you have picked another plane? I say this because people are ruining it by exploiting the info while still flying the same sorte... sometimes while they are in the same dogfight..It really irritates me that some people can take a great feature and exploit it..just because its possible. What ever happened to morals and honor... long gone i guess..
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I don't follow your post. You say that you look at the damage you've done to someone while in the midst of a fight? How does this benefit you exactly?

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
    I don't follow your post. You say that you look at the damage you've done to someone while in the midst of a fight? How does this benefit you exactly?
    I see an advantage here.
    You can tell how much fuel he might be leaking, whether or not it's coolant or fuel streaming out. (If it's coolant, then you can relax a bit and focus on making him burnt out his engine, if it's fuel, then you need to get some more hits in).
    If certain control surfaces are damaged you can adjust your fighting style accordingly.
    If he dives away quickly and all control surfaces are intact, you know he's probably going to recover.

Little things like that.... all information you can confirm with the escape key....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I don't see how this is any advantage. I understand completely. But often you are attacked by more than 2 guys in my posse and then the radio is chattering with your location and direction of travel. If you have time to go out of game and review the scores please continue doing so. We never want interrupt the enemy while he is making a mistake. Carry on!
    Last edited by Doc; Oct-29-2012 at 10:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I can change it so it only comes up after landing. The problem with that is that if you need to bail out, you won't be able to see the info.

Anyway, I never thought that someone had the time to hit escape in the middle of a dogfight

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Really good plugin, it gives you a good reason to return to base after a sortie.

Also, I can't see how some people manage to keep on the tail of an enemy and hit escape and then get back on the enemy's tail.

Really good work Colander

Never was so much owed by so many to so few -Winston Churchill

Setup: i7 - 4.6Ghz - 16gb Corsair Ram - Nvidia Gtx 680 2GB -Trackir5 - Hotas Warthog - CH Eclipse Yoke - Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttle Quad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Really good plugin, it gives you a good reason to return to base after a sortie.

Also, I can't see how some people manage to keep on the tail of an enemy and hit escape and then get back on the enemy's tail.

Really good work Colander
    Exactly. But lets just create a solution and release it in search of a problem ya know. It is the "Progressive" way.

If you are away from the action and you feel that comfortable that the Axis isn't about to get you then go for it. Go into ESC and look at your scoreboard. Fly nice and straight to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Not naming names, but i here it in chat all the time while in dogfights... especially if its multiple reds attacking a single blue. " I shot out this, and I shot out that.. (I shot out his Gyro Compass!! lol)

I love the feature! It adds another layer of depth in this wonderful sim... but like pstyle said..U can adjust what your doing in a dogfight knowing what you have done to your opponent with just a couple quick key presses.(macro anyone?) Of course your not going to be using it while in rolling scissors with an enemy... but say you have a headon with a 109( bad choice to start with ) and you manage to get some hits in. While he is climbing and extending.. it would take not time to take a quick look to see what you had done.. and set up your game plan accordingly. One thing about computer games we all know is.. there is no honor system and if something can be used and exploited (no matter how great the idea is) someone will do it..(sad to say)

Hopefully we can fine tune this wonderful feature!
    You brought up a good point about not getting to see it if you bail out...but an AAR for a pilot that had to bail..might or might not have happened depending on who got to him first.
    just my 2 cents! Keep up the great work Gents! Time to go Fly! S!

Just saw Muffins comment ( I can't see how some people manage to keep on the tail of an enemy and hit escape and then get back on the enemy's tail.) Really?
    How many times have you spent long minutes trying to chase a wounded 109 back across the channel? ( when you can check his damage now? is he going to make it back? Do I need to chase him?) All the info you need is once again a couple of quick key presses away) or if your clever.. a macro setup..
    For 1 . By you chasing him.. your taken out of your Defending position. ( a 110 might be making a run on the last ship u should be defending!
    and 2. You check the screen and see he has a large fuel leak and you perforated his water and oil cooler! ( That baby's not making it across the pond anymore.. and you stay and intercept the 110 coming in and down him before he gets to the ship!

When its all said and done , its an awesome addition to have, but this valuable info cant be assessable to a pilot still setting in the seat trying to make decisions that could affect the outcome of a battle.

Again this is all from a(Red) perspective cause that's what i fly 99.8% of the time. Im sure if the red pilots have figured it out, the blue will cheat off of their papers... haha :geek:
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Oct-29-2012 at 14:46.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I'll add this on my looong list of todo's

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Please understand that I really am trying to help you think about this objectively.

It really doesn't matter what you damage even if you have live twitter update to your mobile.

There is really only one thing you need to damage to render any a/c useless. The pilot. And nothing else matters. One bullet though the brain and that's it.

And that information IS real time information provided to you in server by default.

Hope this helps you realize that gee that really isn't that important.

I would bet this is against AI or a human bomber(s) that you speak about and not a human fighter player that is coordinating. Unless they were really green.

It wasn't against any plugged in players on TS I garuntee that.
    Last edited by Doc; Oct-29-2012 at 15:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Sorry Colandar.. I really wish it wasn't an issue.

Keep up the great work Gent! Its a great addition! S!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Doc.. not all of us have the (Magic Bullets! ) With all due respect of course...
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I wold never think that chasing a wounded 109 for a long way is a good idea. You see what I do is something like this...

He dudes....I am dragging a pair going feet wet from Folkstone headed to the French point. Where do you want them?

This is a classic drag-n-bag.

I would be leery of any 109 that is flying straight and not trying to get the upper-hand against you.

I've flown red and have been sucked into that more times than I can count. You exponentially raise that chance of you being set up escaping out of the game to satisfy your curiosity.

You go from being the hunter to the hunted too easily. Please believe me. This is the truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndRibbs View Post
    Doc.. not all of us have the (Magic Bullets! ) With all due respect of course...
    Just trying to give you some sage advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Doc.. dont turn this into a blue tactic vs red tactic debate.stay on topic please. This is about info being used in unfair advantages. I know its being used on both sides...
    Come to think of it.. being able to climb and sit on your perch up there would be a perfect time to utilize this exploit after an attack. Im not sure why you are even debating this with me.. but since your so adament about it.. maybe im striking a cord with you for some reason. Its not a blue vs red tactic.. it is what it is. Oh.. and feel free bring that 109 down anytime.. I see plenty of you commrads falling victim these days. See you in the skys Doc.. to bad were never really in the server at the same time.. heh S!
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Oct-29-2012 at 18:53.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Well then keep using it.

P

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
    Well then keep using it.

P

I never once said that I used it.. go back and reread my posts... U fly blue all you have to remember dont turn.. and still I see you guys failing to follow this simple rule!.. Id say its time to jump off your "Holly er than thou soapbox and come back down to earth.. litteraly.. like 2-3 k.. and we will see where you end up then my brotha!. Once again .. a thread derailed.. back OT please..
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Oh it is on topic.

I do take a huge exception to you framing it as an exploit. There isn't any problem with someone seeing what damage they have done anyway.

When you PK someone do you not get a message that you PK'd someone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Everyone has made their point.

This is a great plugin that provides very useful feedback. Frequently I'm a little chagrined to see that the most damage I inflicted was no worse than "a tiny fuel leak" -- but that's the way it goes when shooting from directly behind. It makes me realize the value of good deflection shooting to get better angles on the critical systems of an aircraft, including the pilot himself!

This is a good time to once more say a sincere thanks to Colander for this fantastic feature, and end further discussion.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Thanks Snapper, good idea.

Just want to add my comments on this....

I never thought of this as a possible advantage since anyone hitting escape in the middle of a combat never crossed my mind. However, I can see how this can be "exploited" when 2 or more against one. In this particular case, a pilot might have the time to pull this off but the "advantage" might be considered useless as the fight is uneven anyway.

As it stands now, I don't consider it a serious advantage since you still have to be able to hit your opponent by piloting your plane and any edge that it might give is also given to the opponent.

With that said, I will see what I can do to avoid this from happening in the future but is not on the top of my list right now.