Thread: Spotting

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Spotting

Hey leute.... langsam bin ich echt am verzweifeln.

Ich tu mir einfach total Schwer beim Gegner Sichten. Ich flieg immer in die Richtung laut Radar such wie ein Verrückter und meistens Finde ich ihn dann auf meiner 6...
    Ich habe schon die Spotting Mission von DUI ausprobiert. Egal wie ich meinen Monitor einstelle ich seh nie mehr als 4 max 5.
    Kann mir jmd vlt Helfen welche Einstellungen in Cliffs eingestellt werden sollten und welche an der Graka? Ich teste mich immer durch aber komm nie zu einem guten Ergebnis. Ich weiß das für Spotting ein gutes Auge dazu gehört aber ich sehe die Gegner einfach schlichtweg überhaupt nicht. Über Wasser vlt noch oder am Himmel über mir aber das kommt mir unnormal vor.

Ich benutze eine GTX 750 ti und einen Fernseher als Monitor 1920 Auflösung (wie groß der Fernseher ist spielt eigentlich ja keine Rolle)
    Sweet FX benutze ich nicht und auch sonst keine Modifikationen.

Wenn ihr mir helfen könnt wär das echt klasse. Ich bin kein schlechter Flieger... nur seh ich einfach nichts und wenn die Feinde auf 3km sind und ich auf 6 km, keine chance , da muss ich schon per zufall genau auf ihn drauf gucken um ihn zu erkennen
    Last edited by knaller; Jun-08-2016 at 15:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Spotting

Welcome to the community and forums knaller ...~S~

Please don't despair...This is a common problem for all new players...But there are things that you can do...

1) Get a wingman....Flying with a wingman will help you time and again...If you learn to fly with a wingman properly you will minimise this problem in a big way...Learn to fly with a good separation....I found that to fly in a 'loose' formation at 300yrds separation or so works well...It enables your wingman to see enemy in your area and you can see them in his....It also gives you time to tell him when he is being chased

2) Learning to scan the area for contacts is something that you need to learn....Quick scanning will make you miss them...You need to learn to scan slowly and methodically...and make sure your head is still and not moving around when you are checking for contacts...

3) On the server you can use...TAB...7...1....This will give you the closest enemy contact...You will get a message telling you what distance the enemy is and what degrees they are from you...

4) Get on TeamSpeak...Players on TS will be told where the enemy is that has already been spotted....This lessens the amount of enemy likely to be stalking you especially if you are flying in the area where your friend on TS are...

==================================================

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little....

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

3. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Go to the C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub folder and change the following strings ( see blow ) in the conf.ini file ( make a backup of it firsts, just in case something wrong could happen ).

Search for these 2 strings in the section named [core] and then set them as below ( after you have modified them remember to save the file before exiting it )

MeshDetail=1
    MeshShowLod=0

This will force the dots of the planes to be rendered earlier ( but it's a slight FPS killer so after you changed it make some test to check )

This will work for the multiplayer.

If you are interested, instead, in the offline flying search for the .ini file named " rcu ", open it and delete everything you will find inside then copy and paste in it the strings below ( make a backup of the file firsts, just in case something wrong could happen) :

Code:
    @set fast off
    @set echo on
    @set alias on
    @set history 20

@alias a alias
    @a h history
    @a s show

@file icon.rcu

Once done in the C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub folder extract and copy the file provided below.

Download file: https://mega.nz/#!KgJgDIzA
    Decryption Key: !aRuEsXYZ9SuLG5LnPZBOetuY5Z1A53h0Nut31RgPiWk

Instructions about how to download the file ( see section " How to create a new MEGA account" about at the middle of the post ): http://stabi.jg51.forumfree.it/?t=72614812

I hope this could help!

In addition here follow our " willkommen " to you in the online community!

Willkommen to the online community Flieger!
    The whole Stab I./JG 51 wish you to have tons of fun during your online experience!
    In the case you will need help to getting started with the game join Teamspeak and you will find a lot of senior pilots available to help you moving the first steps in the game.
    Personally speaking feel free to contact any of our pilots ( recognizable by the Stab I./JG 51 tag preceding their usernames ) every time that you could need help we will be more than happy to help you, if in our possibilities!
    Normally you can find us on the Storm of War TeamSpeak server ( address: 85.236.101.5:10427 password: stormofwar ) in our dedicated channel ( Stab I./JG51 ) or on the ATAG TeamSpeak server ( Address: 216.52.148.29 no password required ).

Welcome aboard!

Salute und Hals und Beinbruch!!

Maj Robert Mölders,
    Gruppenkommandeur,
    Stab I./JG 51
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jun-18-2016 at 07:47.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

5. Likes ATAG_Lewis, farley, ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.75 MB

was auch helfen könnte ist folgendes:

Ebenfalls in der Conf.ini im Bereich "core" folgt 4 Zeilen nach "MeshDetail" der Eintrag "VisibilityDistance". Setze den Wert nach dem Ist Zeichen auf min. 5 oder höher.

Ich nutze als Monitor ebenfalls einen -relativ grossen- LED TV (55 Zoll). Ich sehe in DUI`s Spotting Mission min 12 Spits sofort, bei genauem Hinsehen auch 13.

Mitentscheidend sind ansonsten die Einstellungen des Grafikkartentreibers. Für Nvidia Karten gibt es im Forum hierzu einige Tipps.

Viel Erfolg!

7. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hallo und willkommen im ATAG Forum knaller!

Auf jeden Fall steht fest, dass 4-5 sichtbare Kontakte in der Testmission deutlich zu wenig sind. Alles im Bereich von um die 10 wäre hingegen absolut in Ordnung.
    In Cliffs würde ich Dir in den Grafikeinstellungen empfehlen, die Kantenglättung zu deaktivieren (falls überhaupt aktiviert). In den Einstellungen Deines Fernsehers mal alles deaktivieren, was in die Richtung "Weichzeichnen" geht.

Falls Du die Muße hast, dann lade mal einen Screenshot hoch. Und um es uns einfacher zu machen: Was hast Du in Cliffs aktuell in den Grafikeinstellungen stehen?

Grüße
    DUI

9. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.75 MB

Imho ist nicht jede Art von Kantenglättung schädlich für das spotting, auch nicht die Kantenglättung in den Grafikeinstellungen von CloD.

Für abträglich halte ich jedoch in der 3D Verwaltung des Grafikkartentreibers die Aktivierung von FXAA und MFAA. Beides steht bei mir auf "Aus".
    Ich nutze im übrigen "8xSuperSample". Ich nutze allerdings auch eine Graka von NVidia GTX 970, habe also jede Menge Leistungsreserven für CloD.
    Eine GTX 750 ti müsste das jedoch auch schaffen.
    Last edited by Thomsen1958; Jun-08-2016 at 18:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Wasnt MeshShowLod = 1 the better setting for spotting?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Your hypothesis may be true, cause i see now in DUI`s spotting testmission after changing from 0 to 1 nearly 16 Spits.

Imho 0 is the original setting, cause i never make a change here before.

May be the setting here to "2" is even slightly better than 1. Let`s test that.
    It would than correspond to "MeshDetail=2".

Aber mal auf Deutsch: ist nicht das LOD Modell ohnehin ab TF Patch 3.0 angepasst bzw geändert worden, so dass Veränderungen eher kontraproduktiv sind?

edit: result of testing is, that MeshShowLOD=1 don`t works as supposed. No advantage to be recognised.
    Ich habe keinerlei Vorteile beim frühzeitigen Erkennen der Gegner festgestellt, eher im Gegenteil.

MeshShowLOD=2 doesn`t work, produces grafic faults
    Mit der Einstellung bekam ich Grafikfehler.
    Last edited by Thomsen1958; Jun-09-2016 at 19:49.

varrattu

Wenn Euer Flügelmann die Kontakte am virtuellen iL2CoD-Himmel früher erkennt als ihr, könnte das durchaus an einem zu hellen oder -seltener- zu dunkelen Bild liegen ...

Die meisten TV-Bildschirme werden werkseitig mit viel zu hoch gesetzter Helligkeit und Farbtemperatur betrieben. Weil das die Farben brillanter -nicht jedoch besser- erscheinen lässt. Dies führt dazu, dass Bild-Details in den hellen Tönen (bei zu heller Einstellung) verloren gehen. Umgekehrt gehen bei zu dunkler Einstellung Bild-Details in den dunklen Tönen verloren.

@knaller
    Hast Du mal hier reingeschaut: LDC-Monitore richtig eingestellt

~V~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Yes it must be set to 1 ( I didn't know why I wrote 2 )...sorry!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals