Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Steamworks

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Operation Steamworks

Is in development.

More details will follow in the next week. Using my breaks from the Martlet and firing up CloD for the first time since February and what do I do instead of fly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Operation Steamworks

Just a taste:

Early last month French resistance fighters outside the city of Hazebrouck confirmed to the Office of Strategic Services of heavy German activity at the Hazebrouck family chateaux. After weeks of surveillance, high profile talks between Luftwaffe high command and Waffen-SS field officers have been confirmed. Reconnaissance photos smuggled out of the area show a massive build up and fortification in and around the aging mansion.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The OSS was able to infiltrate the ranks of the SS guards and give the RAF a look at inside the camp. The confirmation of heavy fortification led us to believe that high profile talks were indeed underway.

3.jpg

5.jpg

Before we lost contact with our agent, he was able to take and smuggle out one last photo which has confirmed our suspicions. Heinrich Himmler, head of the Waffen-SS and Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda were seen arriving at the chateaux late yesterday afternoon.

4.jpg

After losing contact with our agent, we feared the worst for his fate and gave the order for an assault on the chateaux. We believe that both Himmler and Goebbels left this morning as the attack started, heading for a grass airstrip outside of Cassel. French resistance reported a speeding Horch Type 930 V8 heading North out of Hazebrouck and OSS commandos outside of Steenvoorde confirmed local emergency vehicles were seen heading to a small fire caused by a vehicle accident in the same area. Radio transmissions from the accident scene indicate that one body was found in a burned out car but the second car was empty and the doors open.
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Jul-13-2016 at 04:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Great job and nice pics!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem (US-S SM) View Post
    Using my breaks from the Martlet and firing up CloD for the first time since February and what do I do instead of fly...
    Uhm.. sounds strangely familiar

5. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣, Gromit, tgif liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Sorry, had to do this

indy.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Sorry, had to do this

indy.jpg
    Ahahahhaahahahahaha absolutely great!!!!!!! Ahahahahhahahhahahhhahha! You're really terrible Colander!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Almost ready for server 2 testing.

Briefing coming in the next few days with pics. Maybe today while I wait for my laptop to render Sunday's renders I'll get the briefing posted here.

Targets will include an airfield each, two larger targets bombers have to take out for each side, and two smaller, softer targets that fighters can take out for each side... and maybe a new something something to try out. Start practicing your short take-off and landings in fields skills.

9. Likes ATAG_Dave, PanTast, BOO, TWC_SLAG, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello,
    Great map, full of adventure. Congratulations and many thanks.
    I have few issues. I was placed in high grass when took Spitfire I 100oct on the Lympne airfield. My propeller was damaged when tried to start an engine.
    Our rescue mission end up without fuel in the sea and map was not affected by this (or maybe we did not pick up agent properly (red markings gone) - no info how close land to marking or whatever... sorry I wasn't there, but plane crashed into the sea).

regards
    303_Barn_swalllow
    Last edited by ATAG_Barn Swallow; Aug-23-2016 at 19:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Thanks SM for the new map

I flew it this evening for the first time.

One observation is that there is a message (Big yellow letters type message) about the SAR onjective and so on and it seemed to repeat every few minutes at one stage on the map.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by tomekdm View Post
    Hello,
    Great map, full of adventure. Congratulations and many thanks.
    I have few issues. I was placed in high grass when took Spitfire I 100oct on the Lympne airfield. My propeller was damaged when tried to start an engine.
    Our rescue mission end up without fuel in the sea and map was not affected by this (or maybe we did not pick up agent properly (red markings gone) - no info how close land to marking or whatever... sorry I wasn't there, but plane crashed into the sea).

regards
    303_Barn_swalllow
    I'll take a look at the spawn points at Lympne, I tested the first 10 and they were fine so maybe you got that eleventh spot.

Once the SAR mission is underway, i.e the plane has landed and picked up the agent, you have about 25 minutes to get them to the specific airfield they need to go to. If you get shot or crash, it won't fail the mission right away, the timer will. This gives that side enough time to possibly still win if they only have a target left. After the 25ish minutes though, everyone will get a message stating the SAR failed, and the other side wins.

All the SAR mission commands are in the TAB 4-1 menu, so once you get the message that SAR info is available, you can get the location of pickup. Once you find that location and land, you press the commands again, it will tell you what to do from there. If you are too far away, it will tell you "you must be parked and near the pickup location" or something like that. Both the red and blue side has a car to look for, sometimes its on fire, sometimes not.

The key is you have to be stopped, then you can command 4-1, pick SAR, then pick option 1 which tells the agent to board the plane. Once that happens it will tell you the agent is boarded and the SAR mission is underway, that is also when the timer starts.

Let me know if there are other issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post

One observation is that there is a message (Big yellow letters type message) about the SAR onjective and so on and it seemed to repeat every few minutes at one stage on the map.

Do you know which message it was?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Do you know which message it was?

Was it his one? --> "HQ now has info on how to collect the British Agent! Check SAR Info for details" -- (or similar for LW side)

OR something else..?

Anyone else get a repeating message(s)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Was it his one? --> "HQ now has info on how to collect the British Agent! Check SAR Info for details" -- (or similar for LW side)

OR something else..?

I cant remember the exact text sorry but it was the one that kinf of encourages / reminds players about the SAR mission

16. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I tried the SAR mission yesterday in a Tigermoth (closest we have to a Lysander) and have a couple of questions/observations.

1) I joined the mission about two hours in, so didn't know if other players had already attempted the SAR (and failed because the map hadn't been "won"). Tab 4-3 gave me the rendezvous information and I made it there, landed, and parked (chocks in, engine running) next to the car. But the Tab 4-4 wouldn't do anything except give the message about needing to be near the SAR target (or whatever). So had someone already rescued the agent but not made it back home (i.e., the rescue failed) and I just didn't know, or was I doing something wrong?

2) If there's a 25-minute timer to get the agent back home, there's no way a Tigermoth can complete the mission, it's just too slow.

3) ATAG Dave, every time I queried Tab-4-3 or Tab 4-4, the yellow response was posted on my screen, perhaps it's also broadcast to all? So maybe the repeated yellow SAR info is just from players querying Tab 4?

Cool mission, thanks SM!

~S~

AKA Knutsac

18. Likes ATAG_Freya, jaydog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Knutsac View Post
    I tried the SAR mission yesterday in a Tigermoth (closest we have to a Lysander) and have a couple of questions/observations.

1) I joined the mission about two hours in, so didn't know if other players had already attempted the SAR (and failed because the map hadn't been "won"). Tab 4-3 gave me the rendezvous information and I made it there, landed, and parked (chocks in, engine running) next to the car. But the Tab 4-4 wouldn't do anything except give the message about needing to be near the SAR target (or whatever). So had someone already rescued the agent but not made it back home (i.e., the rescue failed) and I just didn't know, or was I doing something wrong?

2) If there's a 25-minute timer to get the agent back home, there's no way a Tigermoth can complete the mission, it's just too slow.

3) ATAG Dave, every time I queried Tab-4-3 or Tab 4-4, the yellow response was posted on my screen, perhaps it's also broadcast to all? So maybe the repeated yellow SAR info is just from players querying Tab 4?

Cool mission, thanks SM!

~S~

AKA Knutsac
    Only bomber types can do the sar. The tigermoth is the only 2 seat type that can't do the SAR. Stuka, 110, ju-88, he111, bleneh, BR20... etc.(?) Good on ya for flying all that way in the ol bird though! Perhaps in a future mission we could use the t-moth and also figure out how to allow more time if a SAR is done with that plane.

This sounds like what might be happening. The messages (most) are intended to be to the player who does the tab stuff only. If the mission comes up again can someone confirm this please? I did some of the scripting for SMs mission and I may have buggered up somewhere, but we'll solve it! Thanks for the feedback on this Mr. Sac.

20. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the feedback. Might be cool to see if we could figure out how to get the Tigermoth as a SAR allowed plane, but we would have to adjust the time since it would be a long flight back!

I'm guessing the message is getting displayed whenever anyone Tab 4-1 and selects the SAR info or SAR options rather than something being stuck or wrong.

Hoping to get some time in the next week to fly, maybe this will be on!

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

"Only bomber types can do the sar."

Crickey...I took the wrong plane!

~S~

AKA Knutsac

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Knutsac View Post
    "Only bomber types can do the sar."

Crickey...I took the wrong plane!

~S~

AKA Knutsac
    I thought he just meant those with the correct state of mind
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

24. Likes ATAG_Freya, tgif liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Please tell me that we get to kill Himmler and Goebbels... I've always hated the fact that those bastards died on their own terms, and this should be some nice stress relief

If you throw in Hitler, Mengele, Göring, Ulrich-Rudel, Stumpfegger, Axmann, Bormann, and Magda Goebbels, I'll pay you in cash
    Last edited by Cybermat47; Aug-29-2016 at 02:36.
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

26. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

If you can find them.

28. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

I have picked up the agent, it tells me I have 25 min to deliver him but not where to deliver him. We had 1/2 the Luftwaffe out looking for a car on an airfield.

Then timer runs out.

Tab 4, says rescue in process or signal agent to get out, but not where to take him (may be a good place for a reminder of where to take him if you have the agent)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Torric270; Sep-04-2016 at 13:55.

30. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

When you pick up the agent it should flash on your screen (where the main messages appear) where to take them.
    Freya and I thought about adding that option if somebody forgot where they had to go.

Are you saying that the message didn't tell your which airfield to take the agent to? Glad everything else is working it seems. Let me know if the message does indeed fail to pop on screen. I know we had it as a message coming across the chat box but we decided to put it on the big display since not everyone has the chatbox open. We changed it for the red side but maybe we forget to make that change for blue?

Oh, and the airfield you go to for either side will have a big hospital compound on it.. that may help. Those hospitals are not on the normal map, but spawn in when the agent is picked up. So if you do have the agent then the other players could help at that point by looking for that, but it should tell you which airfield. Let me know if you may have overlooked the message or if it indeed didnt' show up.
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Sep-04-2016 at 14:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

A big yellow message pops up but just says u have him and u have 25 min. In chat says u have him. Neither give a destination.

Thanks for the hospital info.

When you pick up the agent it should flash on your screen (where the main messages appear) where to take them.
    Freya and I thought about adding that option if somebody forgot where they had to go.

Are you saying that the message didn't tell your which airfield to take the agent to? Glad everything else is working it seems. Let me know if the message does indeed fail to pop on screen. I know we had it as a message coming across the chat box but we decided to put it on the big display since not everyone has the chatbox open. We changed it for the red side but maybe we forget to make that change for blue?

Oh, and the airfield you go to for either side will have a big hospital compound on it.. that may help. Those hospitals are not on the normal map, but spawn in when the agent is picked up. So if you do have the agent then the other players could help at that point by looking for that, but it should tell you which airfield. Let me know if you may have overlooked the message or if it indeed didnt' show up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Blue or Red side?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Blue or Red side?
    Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torric270 View Post
    I have picked up the agent, it tells me I have 25 min to deliver him but not where to deliver him. We had 1/2 the Luftwaffe out looking for a car on an airfield.

Then timer runs out.

Tab 4, says rescue in process or signal agent to get out, but not where to take him (may be a good place for a reminder of where to take him if you have the agent)

Thanks!

I did some digging and there is indeed a problem with the script. When the player calls SAR Info with tab-4-3, and a rescue is in progress, the player with the agent (and only that player) should see a more detailed message - ie. location of drop off. Anyone else (freindlies who are NOT carrying the agent) should see just the 'rescue is in progress' message. It may be skipping that detail message part for some reason, I'll have to re-adjust that for an updated version.

Thanks for info Torric!

~S~

36. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Awaiting the update to put it on server

John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post

OR something else..?

Yes I tab 4'd to try it it said you are too far away I waited a while and it said the sar mission is under way but YOU do not have the agent . That was then repeated in big yellow letter at top of screen about every 10 min I don't know if others could see the message or not this happened on 9/5/16

TGIF

39. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Update sent.

Thanks for your input so far, as always keep an eye out I'm not 100% sure I've fixed the problem. The repeating message thing is a mystery to me still, but maybe my changes helped..

Keep an eye out! Let us know if things are working or not, or just don't seem helpful/intuitive. We'll get it running smooth eventually..

Cheers!

41. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Update is live now

John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

43. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast