Thread: Op. Steamworks Luftwaffe SITREP

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Op. Steamworks Luftwaffe SITREP

LUFTWAFFE SITUATION:

An agent of the Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS landed at Dover last week after sneaking aboard a British fishing vessel. Our agent has been able to tail the movements of several high ranking RAF commanders and relay their locations to Luftwaffe HQ. Several strikes have left us both empty handed and with less aircraft. Command has ordered a stop to these raids immediately.

Before breaking contact and boarding a train headed for the coast, our agent transmitted the location of Chief Air Marshal Hugh Dowding. Dowding and his staff have been spotted at a retreat house on the river near the Waltham castle ruins, apparently enjoying the company of women, warm beer, and fishing.

Other high ranking officials will be attending the opening of a newly constructed water treatment plant just down the river.

The American convoy which slipped through our U-boat net in the Atlantic is heading towards the Southend Docks to unload countless weapons, food, and aid. This week has seen a continuous effort from the American Navy to supply the British.

Luftwaffe Orders and Targets:

HARD TARGETS:

Destroy the docks at Southend and the train shipping facility which is moving thousands of tons of aid daily out of the Southend area and into all of Britain.

BlueDocks2.jpg

BlueDocks.jpg

Shower downtown London with bombs until the city is ablaze.

BlueLondon.jpg

Destroy the Ashford water treatment plant before it can become fully operational.

BlueWP.jpg

Canterbury airfield will need to be taken out to ensure our success this morning.

BlueAF.jpg

A small American shipping convoy is heading towards the docks at Southend, destroy these ships.

SOFT TARGETS: (Fighters/Attack/Bombers)

Two fishing boats were seen leaving Dunkerque last night heading for Britain. We suspect they are stowing away OSS agents and French resistance fighters. Show them to their watery graves!

Attack and destroy all of Air Marshal Hugh Dowding's vehicles at the Waltham castle ruins retreat, preventing any escape from the area. Kill Dowding and his staff residing at the retreat house on the river bank.

BlueRAF.jpg

-----ATTENTION------

Our Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS agent has boarded the train leaving Folkestone station heading towards Ramsgate. He will notify us of his location once he exits the train. Be prepared for immediate Search and Rescue mission if our agent is able to exit the train and make contact.

The agent will mark the best angle of approach for landing with red panel markers and will require a non-fighter aircraft to board. Intel on location of pickup and the location of drop off will be transmitted to the entire Luftwaffe when known.

(IF SAR MISSION IS A SUCCESS, BLUE TEAM WINS REGARDLESS OF OBJECTS LEFT, IF SAR MISSION FAILS BY THE RESCUING PARTY'S DEATH/CRASH/TIME LIMIT THEN RED WINS. SAR MISSION CAN BE IGNORED AND MAP SUCCESS STILL POSSIBLE WITH COMPLETION OF ALL OTHER OBJECTIVES).
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Jul-28-2016 at 22:38.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Op. Steamworks Luftwaffe SITREP

We like!!!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    294.72 MB

VEEEEEEERY IIIIIINNNNTERESTING! (puff puff smoke smoke).

Artie.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Great work, Spiritus Mortem! I like these story driven missions. And this SAR part as a decisive target for the outcome of the whole mission is just brilliant.

BUT: Where the hell is Waltham? Is it White Waltham near Maidstone or Bishops Waltham near Southampton or Waltham Abbey?
    Mystery solved: Yesterday I found Waltham - finally.

BTW I won't bomb Buckingham Palace or Churches. I know, its just a game, but that's to much for my taste.
    Last edited by HenryLuebberstedt; Oct-24-2016 at 06:30.
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLuebberstedt View Post
    Great work, Spiritus Mortem! I like these story driven missions. And this SAR part as a decisive target for the outcome of the whole mission is just brilliant.

BUT: Where the hell is Waltham? Is it White Waltham near Maidstone or Bishops Waltham near Southampton or Waltham Abbey?
    Mystery solved: Yesterday I found Waltham - finally.

BTW I won't bomb Buckingham Palace or Churches. I know, its just a game, but that's to much for my taste.

Hello Here are some pictures of the St micelles fuel trucks took me a long time to find them but they are obvious when you finally spot them they lie about a mile out of ST. Michelle's where it bulges to the west . They are on the 22- 23 map grid line I believe . The pictures show a yellow field near them they are partially obscured by forest on the road.
    In the distant picture you can see smoke in the field right next to them and a little of the town sticking out into the frame you can bomb them with a light load maybe 10 or 12 for me . they are on a curved area so they might need the load divided a good aim probably gets them with 6 in one pass . I was so thrilled to finally find them you could not have asked me a better question. ST MICHELLES TRUCKS #1.jpgst miCELLES FUEL TRUCK #2.jpgsT mICHELLES FUEL TRUCKS # 3.jpgsT MICELLES FUEL TRUCKS # 4 DISTANT.jpg not too much flack. sorry the pictures are not the best but they will help
    good luck
    Last edited by tgif; Jan-18-2017 at 13:57.

6. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

TGIF you are the best! (And a smart one. Taking recon pics over red territory in a Blenheim...
    Thx for the recon pics!!!!
    so long
    henry
    Last edited by HenryLuebberstedt; Jan-18-2017 at 15:03.
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Not sure if this is the correct mission for the last few posts... could be wrong I can't keep track of my missions but that looks like England instead of France from those photos, and the convoy the RAF have to destroy is parked right near a town.

If those are recon photos for the BLUE side taken by RED people (losing part of the fun to find them!) you still have the wrong mission, the Luftwaffe doesn't have any truck convoy targets as far as I can remember in Steamworks.
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Jan-19-2017 at 08:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct mission for the last few posts...
    Yepp, you are right spiritus its the wrong thread. These recon pics referring to "Final Push" and show the fuel truck column at St Michaels. I asked TGIF for them during a mission yesterday. Maybe a moderator could copy our two postings into the right place?

cu
    henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Hi all, quick question:
    Flown on this map a few times now and have never been able to find the 'OSS Fishing Boats' that have allegedly departed from Dunkerque to Britain with French resistance fighters on board.
    Anyone know where they are?

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I do.

They move from Dunkirk to Britain during the mission so can't give you a grid. They are there though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Thanks - it's reassuring to know that they do exist! Will keep my eyes peeled for them next time I fly that map.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker