Thread: Ultra Pack 2.01 skin folders missing problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Ultra Pack 2.01 skin folders missing problem

Hi everyone:

You're probably wondering why I'm puttering around with this old UP mod. I loved this one because it had the trop filters on the 109s and it didn't have the goofy smoke coming of of the 109s like if UP 3. I've always liked the Ultra Packs more the the HSFX's. In fact much more. One problem though in 2.01 all of the new aeroplane's skin folders seem to be missing. Thus you can not add custom skins to say you Bf-109f-4Z/Trop. You need to know the exact name for the skin folder for the aeroplane. Can any help? Thanks

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Ultra Pack 2.01 skin folders missing problem

Hi

i dont have up2 anymore, but in up3 it works that you place your skins in folder Bf-109F-4Z. Then game it self recognises from map data if your using this 109 airplane in desert or MTO map or normal ( summer ) or winter map, and if you load this airplane in desert map you will see it has desert default skin + desert trop filters so its trop version.

Maybe it works same in up2 (dont remenber anymore), so try placing your skin for 109 trop in that folder for normal version of same 109 and load airplane on desert or MTO map and see if it works like that in up2. If it dosent work you could check whats the name of folder for other 109s in trop versions and try to guess correct name for this one

PS:

"I loved this one because it had the trop filters on the 109s and it didn't have the goofy smoke coming of of the 109s like if UP 3"

like you see you have trop filters on 109s in up3, but only when you fly on desert or MTO maps ( probably they used this trick because of limited airplane slots).
    Regarding that smoke, if your thinking about smooke on 100+power from engine, i dont have it in up3 when i play with 109s on max power. I activate only #UP#_Enable_UP3.0 mode in jsgme, i think you have that smoke if some sound or other mods are also used, maybe that helps, try only this mode activated in your up3 if you still have it and see if you have that smoke then.
    Last edited by Akula93; Jul-31-2016 at 10:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Akula93 View Post
    Hi

i dont have up2 anymore, but in up3 it works that you place your skins in folder Bf-109F-4Z. Then game it self recognises from map data if your using this 109 airplane in desert or MTO map or normal ( summer ) or winter map, and if you load this airplane in desert map you will see it has desert default skin + desert trop filters so its trop version.

Maybe it works same in up2 (dont remenber anymore), so try placing your skin for 109 trop in that folder for normal version of same 109 and load airplane on desert or MTO map and see if it works like that in up2. If it dosent work you could check whats the name of folder for other 109s in trop versions and try to guess correct name for this one

PS:

"I loved this one because it had the trop filters on the 109s and it didn't have the goofy smoke coming of of the 109s like if UP 3"

like you see you have trop filters on 109s in up3, but only when you fly on desert or MTO maps ( probably they used this trick because of limited airplane slots).
    Regarding that smoke, if your thinking about smooke on 100+power from engine, i dont have it in up3 when i play with 109s on max power. I activate only #UP#_Enable_UP3.0 mode in jsgme, i think you have that smoke if some sound or other mods are also used, maybe that helps, try only this mode activated in your up3 if you still have it and see if you have that smoke then.
    Tried that name but didn't work Thanks for the help....Just found this but still no success
    http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...wtopic&t=11549
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Aug-01-2016 at 07:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

FINALLY! Files\com\maddox\il2\objects\air all of the proper names are in there. I just copied the name and pasted it on a new folder Bf-109F-4_Trop 01.08.2016 12-10-07.jpg Hans Arnold Stahlschmitd

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

Hey guys!

Just wanted to chime in here. I use the VP modpack nowadays. http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,50919.0.html I switched from HSFX a few months ago and think VP is pretty awesome.

If you want to take a look, there is a bunch of footage on this youtube channel including install intructions and further compatible mods. Just look at this BoB video..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43O0yOHVutk

S!

Edit: Be sure to take a look at that map work! http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...html#msg566787
    Last edited by rel4y; Aug-06-2016 at 22:40.

6. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    FINALLY! Files\com\maddox\il2\objects\air all of the proper names are in there. I just copied the name and pasted it on a new folder Bf-109F-4_Trop 01.08.2016 12-10-07.jpg Hans Arnold Stahlschmitd
    nice, glad you found it