Thread: Does anyone else get this?????

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Does anyone else get this?????

Hi, never posted here before but love your server. I have had this problem since the beginning. I don't have any launcher stopped errors but what I do have is.......when I pick a side and choose a plane, all is fine but when I fly a mission, land or die...lol, I can usually pick the same plane at the same base, but if i deside to choose a different plane or choose a different side, the game locks up completely and i have to ctrl alt delete to stop game. Same thing happens when I get new damage report after sortie, locks up. Any thoughts???????

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Does anyone else get this?????

Sounds like a video card issue to me.
    Seems to be only happening when the game switches from game video resolution to menu (standard) resolution.

Try updating your video drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Hi MD
    I had this exact issue and it is related to your video card. I went from a ATI 5670 to a GTX 560 and the issue went away. Both where 1 gig cards but the 560 is so much better and
    cheap now,less than $200.
    Last edited by Ohms; Oct-21-2012 at 19:06.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your responses. trying to nurse my old gtx 460 2 gig card til i have enough money for a new 560 2 gig. game playes very well with all settings maxed so i didnt think that would be the problem. Straingly enough though, every time i visit the stat pageon your website, the very same type lock up occurs. Do you think its related??? Maybe I have something set wrong in internet settings. Again, thanks for any replies

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Gunshy View Post
    Straingly enough though, every time i visit the stat pageon your website, the very same type lock up occurs
    I get this on the stats page too mate, so I don't think that's related to your card. I always have to wait a few seconds until the bomb at the top of the page starts moving again, then I can scroll down ok. Until I've done this, I get 'webpage not responding' messages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

The stats page does this because there is a javascript doing sorting of the data in your browser.
    This is the same scripts that allows you to click on the header and sort by any column.

Is just a lot of data to sort

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Just purchased a 2 gig nvidia gtx 560. Was away on business but will be tinkering over the holiday. Will let you know how things work out. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

well unfortunatly, i still have the same problem. Installed new card, updated drivers 306.97 and game runs fantastic until I fly a mission for 45 minutes. I engaged a 109 on atag server , we shot each other down, returned to map, chose different side since blue had less, chose flag, chose base, chose plane, and game locked up on the german plane selection. Had to ctrl alt delete to close game down. Not sure if its my vid card now. Now, interestingly enough, this doesn t happen on any other These are my specs. Wonder if its Vista?????

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8
    ASUS M4a785-M mobo
    G-Skill 8 gb ddr2 1000 sdram
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 2gb
    Windows Vista 64 bit

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

[QUOTE=MD_Gunshy;22816]well unfortunatly, i still have the same problem. Installed new card, updated drivers 306.97 and game runs fantastic until I fly a mission for 45 minutes. I engaged a 109 on atag server , we shot each other down, returned to map, chose different side since blue had less, chose flag, chose base, chose plane, and game locked up on the german plane selection. Had to ctrl alt delete to close game down. Not sure if its my vid card now. Now, interestingly enough, this doesn t happen on any other These are my specs. Wonder if its Vista?????

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8
    ASUS M4a785-M mobo
    G-Skill 8 gb ddr2 1000 sdram
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 2gb
    Windows Vista 64 bit[/QUOTE

Hi Gunshy,

It's easy to just blame Vista, a hateful piece of software from memory, how are the drivers for Vista? If it meets your needs well enough otherwise and you don't wish to add to add to M$'s wealth I would test whether Aero or other desktop composition is causing this. Having said that I get occasional lock-ups from the in-game GUI but I've not noticed a pattern, I have Aero off etc and am using Win7.

Good luck,

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

what are the temps of the gpu and the card? if its too hot it will shutdown. how old is the card, perhaps its dieing.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, just bought new card as in my previous post. Temps are around 61c at load while gaming. Cant be card at this point. Tried changing desktop composition, was on aero, but now joy. Vista up to date also. I can fly for ever as long as i dont switch planes, change sides, get shot down, complete a mission and get redirected to the new stat page, which was never able to scroll thru due to instant lock up

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

whats the temp after 40 min flying?
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.14 MB

Sir,

I might have accidently overlooked you post and dropped a new question about the same issue.
    I am experiencing the same as you. I run 2 GTX580 cards but the rest is a very old rig with 8 Gig of DDR2 RAM and a Quad core Intel clocked at 2,82 GHz. I switch of SLI (just in case) and I run the game at High settings, not Very High.
    My game freezes when I get the de-briefing window, or results window or whatever you call it, when you return to the map after a mission. I have found no other way out of it than killing the Launcher.exe task.
    However; I might have a tip for you regarding a game freeze in the plane selection window;
    it happens to me all the time when I double-click on the default plane for an AF to select another...
    When the selection window "freezes" hit the WINDOWS button and right click on the icon fro the Plane Selection in the taks bar,
    then Maximize the window
    With the window maximised I am able to continue to select the plane I want and click Close and proceed normally.
    I hope the tip helps you out.

S!

BSS_Tintin

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Tintin, that worked like a charm as far as the locked plane selection was concerned. Still no joy as for the ATAG post briefing utility. Were getting there i guess. I wonder why maximizing that screen fixes that prob?? Not everyone seems to have any of these problems though. Wonder whats different???

Thanks,

Gunny

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So this is interesting, after a mission this morning, i landed and the debriefing came up and of course, locked my game up. I then tried pressing tab to highlite and the close/utility buttons would highlite. I still cant scroll the info with my mouse but i can now highlite the close button and press enter and it closes.At least now i dont have to kill the whole game now. I wonder why my mouse fails to go thru these motions. It seems that I have something wierd set with my mouse??????? Just thought i would let u know.

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Gunshy, do you have any outside-the-ordinary USB devices running in your PC?

Musical instruments? Non-windows Game controllers

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

saitek x 52 and logitech mouse and keypad is all i believe

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

OK, so it's unlikely you've got a controller conflict. Just making sure we could eliminate that possibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

any "joystick as a mouse" software running?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

as a matter of fact i think i have a little thumb mouse on my throttle that is in fact working at the moment, maybe the culpret????

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

did you clear your cache in your usser\1csoftclub folder?
    also in the steam il2 cliffs of dover folder in the *:\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\redist\DotNetFx40_Client run it repair it then reboot. try cliffs again.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very often, when I escape out of a mission and go to the "choose sides" screen I find that I cannot enter a new mission. The CREATE button simply does nothing. I can change sides, plane, loadout, but when it comes to actually entering a new mission, what happens after I press "create" is just.... nothing. I have to log off the server and exit the game and come back again and then it works. It is an intermittent error, because some evenings I can fly as many missions as I want. But around 1/3 of the time I play CoD have to go through this rather laborious and annoying procedure. No clue why...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am going to built a new pc... but i am wondring if it helps to geth this game running good... i see so many problems... ppfff.... this wil be tumps crossed...
    Last edited by klu.peete; Dec-31-2014 at 13:10.