Thread: PlayClaw 5 TeamSpeak Overlay works

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.14 MB

PlayClaw 5 TeamSpeak Overlay works

Just wanted to let you guys know - I tried all the available options out there and PlayClaw 5 was the only overlay that worked in windows 10.

I forgot about this one and my old registration from years ago still worked with the latest version.

http://www.playclaw.com/

You need to watch the teamspeak overlay video and manually copy over the TS3 plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSlG0lSf-WI

Works very well straight off the bat no issues.
    Enable the Voice Overlay in PlayClaw and the PlayClaw TS3 Plugin in TS3.
    Use the preview overlay mode to organise the layout - colours etc.
    Last edited by FS~Phat; Aug-31-2016 at 09:43.

2. Likes ATAG_Septic, ATAG_Bliss, SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: PlayClaw 5 TeamSpeak Overlay works

I have tried a few different overlays...TSnotifier...I haven't managed to get any of them working for me on Windows 7 or 10....Currently I have to use my phone with TS3Remote app...That's the only way....I will try this when I can as I am always after one that will work...

Is it free?

Thanks Phat...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.14 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I have tried a few different overlays...TSnotifier...I haven't managed to get any of them working for me on Windows 7 or 10....Currently I have to use my phone with TS3Remote app...That's the only way....I will try this when I can as I am always after one that will work...

Is it free?

Thanks Phat...
    Yes fully functional free with watermarks for the video capture - but we don't need that feature for teamspeak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

YAYA!!!...I got it working...That is amazing....I have spent so long trying to get an overlay...folks have spent hours sending me profiles and talking me through their setup and nothing worked apart from a 30 second period some 6 months ago before it disappeared again....That how glad I am to see this...lol
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Seems to be a great find - Thank you!!

should it perhaps be stickied?
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

7. Likes ATAG_Bliss liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Yes, thanks for this.

It looks like something is I will be trying.

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Seems to be a great find - Thank you!!

should it perhaps be stickied?
    Good call, moving this to the Teamspeak section and with a sticky.. Nice find by Phat!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I'm surprised no one else appears to use the CloD Teamspeak integration plugin that came with a TF version. (Maybe v4.0?) You have to use an older version of TeamSpeak but then it allows you to make an info window in CloD with the TeamSpeak overlay.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    I'm surprised no one else appears to use the CloD Teamspeak integration plugin that came with a TF version. (Maybe v4.0?) You have to use an older version of TeamSpeak but then it allows you to make an info window in CloD with the TeamSpeak overlay.
    I used to do that, and it works well, but if you are doing Storm of War it requires a newer version of Teamspeak and so that breaks the integration plugin . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

And those earlier Teamspeak client versions have a serious security hole and should not be used anymore ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Removed.
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-21-2016 at 14:55.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I have a bit of an issue with this plug in- if i faff about selecting ac or a base for two long, the game crashes. then i restart and its unresponsive but there still. Starting in mission, the unresponsiveness translates to about 1 frame per second. Turn off the claw and all is well.

I should stress that if i dont faff, its fine but does crash the game on exit or at the end of the mission when ive quit out. Both game and claw are running as admin, TS is on and i also use Reshade. Win10.

Anything obvious to anyone?

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I removed the ts3 overlay, updated to the latest TS3, and installed Playclaw and it worked fine. Haven't used it that long yet, so can't say for sure there is no problem, but keeping my fingers crossed. I do get the launcher crash on exiting the game, but that started happening when I enabled nVidia ShadowPlay, so not a new problem. If I decide to purchase Playclaw then I'll disable ShadowPlay and see what happens. I find it interesting that the Playclaw overlay installs itself into any open window...while I was in-game I Alt-tabbed to the desktop and opened Firefox to look up something, and there was a 2nd Playclaw overlay in the corner of my Firefox window. I didn't play around with it, but I suspect that if I opened more windows there's be more overlays in each window. Not a problem, just an interesting way they've made sure the overlay will work no matter what game you are using.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Playclaw is the only TS overlay I have got to work...I on't think you need to buy it...just keep hitting the 'Try it' tab when you start the program...I am very impressed with it...easy to use...and easy to modify...I have had a couple CTDs over the past few weeks but only after I landed and I have so many programs running while I am flying these days it could be any one or multiple of them...I have Macrogamer, Playclaw, TrackIR and sometimes OBS running at the same time as CLOD so...I have noticed that I need to start some of those programs after I already have CLOD running too...

Good program for me...

@Booster....try starting playclaw after other CLOD and your headtracker programs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Rebooting the game in SOW is 2 minutes i cant afford Lew!

Ive just got TS notifier working today (Win 10) and all seems ok so far......

The installer version fails to do the job as it doesnt install the 32bit helper plug in but the zipped version works ok once you get your head around the instructions on what to put where.

In essence you shove the BOTH 32 and 64 bit TS helper plug-ins for TS in the TS Client's Plug- in's folder (i run the latest version of TS), shove everything else into a folder somewhere, try to run the the X86 and X64 VC redist exes (they will likely fail if you keep windows updated as there are newer versions) and then as admin (if you also run CLOD as admin).

S!

BOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Been on TS the last couple evenings and apparently TS3 has updated and now playclaw doesn't seem to work...

I'm getting...:

Plugin Failed to load: Api version is not compatible: 20 (minimum: 21, current: 22)

Shame as it was the only overlay I ever managed to get working with any success...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

A working TS overlay is one thing I still haven't been able to get working yet (i'm running Win 10x64). Lewis, has this PlayClaw thingy been updated yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

TS notifier works with both the new TS Client and Win 10. TS notifier also now seems to work straight out of the box.

Just follow Th'instructions
    Last edited by BOO; Mar-10-2017 at 10:50.

21. Likes Baffin, Pans liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

2nd this... Last night I decided Playclaw was causing problems, so I uninstalled it and tried tsnotifier again and it just worked.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

23. Likes BOO, Pans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

I too can report that TS Notifier is now working perfectly. Thanks for the heads-up, chaps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

TS notifier not working for me....uninstalled...I can't afford spending time on it anymore...I could have built a conservatory on the kitchen the time I've wasted trying to get a bloody overlay to work on my rig...Playclaw was the only one I got working with any longevity and that was only a few months....

I'll stick with TS remote on my phone I think....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    243.82 MB

If you updated your TeamSpeak to 3.1, the new API no longer works with PlayClaw overlay. I did some searching on the the PlayClaw forum and found the following fixes. All the information is on the Russian language forum and website. I copied below the information in Russian PlayClaw Support website with a translation below (I don't read or speak Russian. I used an online translator).

Russian Website

http://playclaw.ru/news/index.php?startfrom=2017011201

Обновление плагинов для Teamspeak 3 API 21
    В связи с постепенным выходом новой версии клиента Teamspeak 3 и несовместимостью старых плагинов, мы подготовили это небольшое обновление.
    Нажмите здесь, чтобы скачать новые плагины.
    Кроме самих плагинов, изменилось место, где они должны находиться, чтобы новый клиент Teamspeak 3 успешно их обнаружил. Это каталог %APPDATA%\TS3Client\plugins (по умолчанию указывает на C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugin s, где username - ваше имя пользователя). В него нужно скопировать оба плагина (с битностью клиент сам разберется), после чего запустить Teamspeak 3 и проверить настройки плагинов.

Edit:
    It's no longer necessary to select plugins from the Plugins Tab in TeamSpeak 3.1. TeamSpeak 3.1 is programed to find and use plugins stored in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugin s folder. The new PlayClaw dlls allow it to work with TeamSpeak 3.1. I do not know how 3.1 will effect other plugins.

Назад
    Вперед

http://playclaw.ru/news/index.php?startfrom=2017011201

Open the above web link and click "Нажмите здесь" which translates to "Click here to download new plugins" to download the new API 21 files. I noted the location in red.

English Translation

Update plug-ins for Teamspeak 3 API 21
    Due to the gradual release of the new version of the Teamspeak 3 client and the incompatibility of the old plug-ins, we have prepared this minor update.
    Click here to download new plugins.
    In addition to the plugins themselves, the place where they should be located has changed, so that the new Teamspeak 3 client successfully finds them. This is the % APPDATA% \ TS3Client \ plugins directory (by default, it points to C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ TS3Client \ plugins, where username is your user name). In it you need to copy both plug-ins (with the bitterness the client will figure it out), then run Teamspeak 3 and check the plug-in settings.

Forward

Instructions:
    1. Extract the contents of the zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
    2. There will be a folder named "ts3-playclaw5plus-plugin-32.dll3".
    3. Open the folder Windows 7 C: or Windows 10 C: \Users"folder with your username"\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugin
    4. Copy the two .dll files from the downloaded unzipped folder "ts3-playclaw5plus-plugin-32.dll" to the folder noted in Step 3. The files to copy will be "ts3-playclaw5plus-plugin-32.dll" and "ts3-playclaw5plus-plugin-64.dll".
    5. Run TeamSpeak, Play Claw and Cliffs of Dover. The overlay should now work.

I did the above after updating TeamSpeak to 3.1. Did a quick test to confirm that the PlayClaw-Teamspeak overlay works.

I'm disappointed that the English Playclaw website has not been updated. I had to translate through several threads on the Russian forum to get this solution.

Hope I didn't get to confusing. Let me know if additional clairification is needed.

Edit:
    Plugins can no longer be selected using the Plugins tab in TeamSpeak 3.1. TeamSpeak 3.1 is now programed to find and use plugins stored in the "C: \Users"folder with your username"\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugin" folder. I can confirm the PlayClaw TeamSpeak overlay works with the new dlls. I do not know how this effects other plugins.
    Last edited by LoneStar; Apr-24-2017 at 19:49. Reason: Clarification

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Wow....Thanks for the help LoneStar...I'll try this as soon as I'm at my PC...

Thanks for the work on translation and stuff....~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Installed TS notifier for the first time yesterday and it worked straight away. This is with the latest TS client and Windows 10.

'Chuffed'!

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hey Lew - have you read the "welcome" post - cant remember now who does it - its full of useful info about how to set your gear up........

30. Likes ATAG_Septic, ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Hey Lew - have you read the "welcome" post - cant remember now who does it - its full of useful info about how to set your gear up........
    Hey Boo....I'm just the writer...Doesn't mean I understand this $***!...

32. Likes BOO, ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Installed TS notifier for the first time yesterday and it worked straight away. This is with the latest TS client and Windows 10.

'Chuffed'!

o7
    I just installed TS without TS Overlay. Is TS Notifier required? It has been a very long time since I used TS and before that Ventrillo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hi Speirs and a big welcome to the community.

Have a look at the link as this is what I followed to get TS notifier up and running. I am no IT tech but it worked on Windows 10 for me. Good luck.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...light=notifier

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA