Thread: Missing Campaigns and Missions?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.87 GB

Missing Campaigns and Missions?

I have owned CLOD since its release. That does not mean much as I have played more 'at' CLOD than seriously enjoyed the game.

While game time has been limited, accumulation time has been constant. I have the TEF Mod and my game launches in MOD format. In my directory for Single Games, I have anything from "Cloud Free" to Dynamic Missions, Stuka Missions and Historical Missions.

In campaigns, my collected range is from Spitfire Dawn to Spitfire on my Tail (x3) to Campaign MB and Campaign MK to Campaign MA.

Yet none of these collected missions and campaigns are visible in the game's table of contents. What fundamental 'error' have I committed? The campaign and single mission file folders are intact each containing the respective .mis or .briefing files. But they are not appearing where they might be selected as playable options.

I truly hope that someone can assist me in getting out of this self-constructed prison.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Missing Campaigns and Missions?

Hello Phillip, might be better to put this post into the the single player forum to get the best chance of a response from someone who knows.

(Then just add a note to this thread saying where the post is (with a link)

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi

if i understod correctly you have missions in folders in game but dont fined them in game, maybe they are in wrong folders?

Are your campaign missions in this folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign

if yes, open campaigns.ini that is located in same folder, with notepad and do you see in that text file list with campaign names and folder names of your campaigns there?

Then when you go in game in Single Player, then in Campaign, in top left corner window you should see names of campaigns, maybe need to scroll down little to fined them.

If all is yes i dont know why you can not fined campaigns in game

Regarding single missions are they in this folder?

C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

When in game you go in Single Player, then Single Mission, do you see in left top corner under Single Select , Multi and under it Single option, when you click on Single you should then see your single missions and be able to start them when selected, maybe you dont see Multi and under it Single option there, insted there you see .. and list of missions, just click on .. few times and youl exit to see Multi and Single option with your missions.

Maybe this help
    Last edited by Akula93; Sep-20-2016 at 13:27.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Akula93 View Post
    Hi

if i understod correctly you have missions in folders in game but dont fined them in game, maybe they are in wrong folders?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign

if yes, open campaigns.ini that is located in same folder, with notepad and do you see in that text file list with campaign names and folder names of your campaigns there?

Then when you go in game in Single Player, then in Campaign, in top left corner window you should see names of campaigns, maybe need to scroll down little to fined them.

If all is yes i dont know why you can not fined campaigns in game

Regarding single missions are they in this folder?

C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

When in game you go in Single Player, then Single Mission, do you see in left top corner under Single Select , Multi and under it Single option, when you click on Single you should then see your single missions and be able to start them when selected, maybe you dont see Multi and under it Single option there, insted there you see .. and list of missions, just click on .. few times and youl exit to see Multi and Single option with your missions.

Maybe this help

Thank you very much Akula. My main problems appear placement of the campaign folders. I had been placing them into the Softclub campaigns folder, not parts/..../campaign folder in the main game folder. Also, I need to find out how to integrate the campaigns into the program via the config.sys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Akula93 View Post

Besides this, you need the campaign "named" folder in ...Documents\1c, sample:

..:\Documento\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign\campaign_Erpr.Gr.210\state.ini

The State.ini file is the index of played missions and should be inside this campaign "name" folder.

Attention for the folder \mission\ and not \missions\ - this last is for Single Player missions, like Akula pointed:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

And, some campaigns, e.g. Desastersoft, Huninthesun... need a custom .DLL added in game folder (see readme for specific place). This .DLL should be "unlocked" for avoid Windows UAC issues.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-20-2016 at 16:40.

6. Likes Akula93 liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Hello Phillip, might be better to put this post into the the single player forum to get the best chance of a response from someone who knows.

Regards

BOO
    Hello,

My fundamental problems appear to be the correct placement of the campaign folders. Are they placed in the main directory (parts/....) or the 1C Softclub folder? Also, what needs to be placed in the campaign config.sys file and which file?

Lastly, where is the Single Player forum?

Regards,

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Besides this, you need the campaign "named" folder in ...Documents\1c, sample:

..:\Documento\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign\campaign_Erpr.Gr.210\state.ini

The State.ini file is the index of played missions and should be inside this campaign "name" folder.

Attention for the folder \mission\ and not \missions\ - this last is for Single Player missions, like Akula pointed:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

And, some campaigns, e.g. Desastersoft, Huninthesun... need a custom .DLL added in game folder (see readme for specific place). This .DLL should be "unlocked" for avoid Windows UAC issues.

I much appreciate your ideas. I am getting closer to understanding the MOD file setup. Single Missions go into the 'mission\single' folder in the Documents
    Yet I remain confused by the campaign structure. Are the individual campaign folders placed into the main directory 'Parts' menu or are they placed in the Documents folder of 'mission/campaign'
    What appears even more important is the campaign config.sys file and what is written into it. Is there a model or template for integrating a campaign name into the campaign config.sys.

Thank you

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.05 GB

Do you saw these notes in the readme of the campaign spitfire-on-my-tail-modded?
    You must modify campaign.ini file in the /parts/... /campaign folder like the example in the notes. Maybe others campaigns are the same.

"INSTALLATION
    With modded version of the game the installation has a couple of differences relating to the new '-MOD' folder in mydocs and there is the distinct possibilty that you are running a copy of the Steam install somewhere on your hard drive (highly recommended imho)
    I have always done things manually...
    First extract the .rar to a convenient place
    Then copy the folder " spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded " (without the quotation marks) to //.......YOUR INSTALL /il-2 sturmovic cliffs of dover/parts/bob/mission/campaign/

While you are in this folder you need to add these lines to the campaigns config file:-

spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded

[spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded]
    folder spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded
    title spitfire on my tail-part2-modded
    image poster.bmp

the config file should look something like this:-

[Main]
    campaign_gb
    campaign_de
    spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded

[campaign_gb]
    folder campaign_gb
    title Cliffs Of Dover
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
    folder campaign_de
    title Adler Angriff
    image Poster.bmp

[spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded]
    folder spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded
    title spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded
    image poster.bmp

next you need to create an empty folder with the EXACT same name as the folder you just created in " Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovic cliffs of dover-MOD/mission/campaign (you could just repaste the folder you pasted in your install.... -and delete the contents.)
    when you run the campaign a file called "state" is created which keeps track of where you are in the campaign. (and if you really need to jump to a specific mission in a campaign you can alter the number to the mission number you wish to play MINUS 1- ie at start of campaign=0, for 10th mission change to 9)"

bf109

10. Likes Akula93 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Sheehy View Post
    I am getting closer to understanding the MOD file setup. Single Missions go into the 'mission\single' folder in the Documents
    No, you are missing a "s", Single Missions goes to \missions\single\ folder in Documents.

Se the bold part in my previous posts.

Campaign don't use "config.sys" - they use "state.ini" inside

..:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign"campaign name"\

Attention: this time is mission and not missions

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post

Regards

BOO
    My meandering questions have been moved upon request to the Single Player's Lounge............