Thread: Spitfire EB-G

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Spitfire EB-G

Hi all!
    Here a very particular one: Spitfire EB-G serial n°P7350 a BoB veteran that is still flying today.
    Check this site for his history (http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/theaircra...tfirep7350.cfm).

"Spitfire P7350 is the oldest airworthy Spitfire in the world and the only Spitfire still flying to have actually fought in the Battle of Britain. Believed to be the 14th of 11,989 Spitfires built at the Castle Bromwich ‘shadow’ factory in Birmingham, ‘P7’ entered service in August 1940. After serving initially with 266 Squadron at Wittering and Hornchurch at the height of the Battle of Britain, it was one of 13 Mk IIa Spitfires that were then transferred to 603 (City of Edinburgh) AuxAF Squadron at Hornchurch on 17 October 1940, to replace the Squadron’s older Mk 1s. P7350 is currently presented as Spitfire Mk 1a N3162 of No 41 Squadron, coded ‘EB-G’, the aircraft flown by the top-scoring Battle of Britain fighter ace Eric Lock on 5 September 1940, when he destroyed 3 enemy aircraft in a single sortie."

It was a very cool work to do, with lot's of stuff to recrate, like the yellow square, the black stripes on the wings and almost all the roundels and markings.
    Note that this plane currently fly with the old '39 camouflage scheme so I had to do it from scratch since I normally use the '40 one which serves for the entire war.

Download: http://starfighter24repaints.blogspo...b-g-p7350.html

Let me know if you like it and your thoughts about it...

Last edited by Barone; Nov-09-2016 at 14:38.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Re: Spitfire EB-G

News: changed the bottom colour which was IMHO too much bright. Hope you like it.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Very nice, one thought, is this to represent the current aircraft or the 1940 one, seeing the anti-slip walkway black area it must be modern.

Any chance of one without for a 1940 flight ?

that underwing roundel showing just beyond another I assume is CoD applying markings in with yours ?

I will fly this with pointed spinner.

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    News: changed the bottom colour which was IMHO too much bright. Hope you like it.

Last edited by BOBC; Jan-05-2017 at 20:50.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Since it was a real life repaint I inserted the black area as well as the two black stripes that in reality are a little fins. But it's a metter of second to remove it.
    About the roundel I didn't notice it. For this skin I don't use it clod roundels so probably the one underneath is a double that needs to be removed. Another metter of seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.66 MB

Beautiful work!!
    Making historic flight accessible
    http://www.heritageflightsim.com

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB