Thread: ACG's annual Flying Extravaganza All Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

ACG's annual Flying Extravaganza All Welcome

Gentlemen we over at ACG are holding our annual Flying Extravaganza this coming Sunday night from 19.00 hours GMT and you are all welcome

Please join us on our TS comms channel at 19.00 hours GMT at IP address 85.236.100.27:16317,we welcome you all.

The aircraft we use to fly in this extravaganza is the humble Tiger Moth and we encourage you all to create your skin of your choice,however madcap

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Re: ACG's annual Flying Extravaganza All Welcome

Hi Meaker.

Thanks for posting this and for the very kind invite to participate in some Tiger Moth 'frolics'.

As a matter of interest a few months ago some friends and I did a 'Find the Source of the Thames' flight in Tiger Moths. It was a good night and great fun was had by all........and we did find the source of the Thames!

What is good about events like this is the chance to enjoy this awesome sim and the many graphical delights it has to offer without the need to constantly 'Check six' etc. I think we can sometimes miss out when 'fighting' the air war! It can also provide good navigational practice along the way. You never know very soon we may be able to do something like this in the good old 'wimpy'. Haha!

Cheers.

~S~
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

3. Likes ATAG_Marlow, dix, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    Gentlemen we over at ACG are holding our annual Flying Extravaganza this coming Sunday night from 19.00 hours GMT and you are all welcome

Sweet !

I love this sort of lark... Hugely !

Pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to make 19:00, or most likely any time before about 21:00

I know a few others though who will likely jump at the chance

I think these sorts of recreational events are fantastic, both as a a break from combat, and socially !

Hats off to you Sir !

Thanks for posting here !...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

5. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Thanks very much for the support and appreciation gents

Yes......you really are all,very welcome,we're planning on getting a mass flight of Tiger Moths airborne,and then to all follow a leader from the Thames estuary down the Thames(going through as many bridges as we dare!......there will be casualties,lol.... and maybe all finally landing on the Mall(Road leading to Buckinham Palace) for those that are left airborne.

We have done this before and it's a real hoot,something we all need at the moment eh ?

So anyway,please do join us if you can,I have also advertised this on all the major Cliffs Of Dover iL2 websites,so expect to witness something quite spectacular
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-14-2016 at 09:21.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.48 MB

Oh man, so bleak I missed this. On Friday the Crete2Cape Vintage Air Rally (http://www.vintageairrally.com) concluded here in Cape Town. It was such a treat to watch them come in and to crawl all over those glorious old birds. Definitely put me in a biplane mood. Hopefully there will be another one of these.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Yes you certainly missed a good night of mayhem and frolics.............never seen so many Tiger Moths together........well that was until the mid-air collisions and terrain collisions started! Haha!

Damm good fun well worth participating. Looking forward to next year already (if invited).

Thanks to Meaker and Atreides for organising it and to all the ACG guys for making us welcome.

~S~
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

9. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Thanks Vampire,for you're support and participation last night buddy,it was very much appreciated,glad you and your buddies liked our little annual bash,and yes,you will definatly be invited next year,as will all you fine chaps here on ATAG

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    594.11 MB

Brilliant night had by all with some very naughty skins we could never wear in a campaign mission and some totally insane frolics but so funny

12. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post