Thread: Thrustmaster TPR

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Thrustmaster TPR

HEART (HALL sensor).

http://www.thrustmaster.com/pt_BR/pr...ze-game-flight

Beware of GAS.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-13-2018 at 13:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: Thrustmaster TPR

Interesting.

Still have no idea why trhey didnt make a new gimbal for the Warthog instead of letting Virpil do it !

Those pedals look interesting... will keep my eyes out for the review....

Who's doing that?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

I'm thinking it's gonna be the price of Crosswinds/Baur/Slav without the quality
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    I'm thinking it's gonna be the price of Crosswinds/Baur/Slav without the quality
    Exactly. A fail in other words.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Someone hit a set of rudder pedals with the ugly stick and in the process managed to squash the pedals together. What on earth could be the benefit of pedals that close? Am I missing something here?

Is there an extension bar missing? Mind you if I were living in a small 1bedroom flat with 14 members of my extended family, 2 dogs and a bowl of small fish, I could see the potential benefit of such a design.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

So negative …. personally I'm happy to see new stuff coming out and hope its at a price point that will get new people interested in making the investment. A lot of people don't want to muck around with VKB or Virpil (I know I've about had my fill sometimes) , something that is mainstream available and reasonably well made (which they really do look to be) should be well received.

*Price point will be make or break with these, who in their right mind would pay as much as crosswinds for …. umm not crosswinds

7. Likes Baffin, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

It’s not negative at the price they will be expecting to obtain to save some poor soul from outlaying cash on something with terrible design. People get stuck on a thought process that just because it’s new, it good. Like because its new “they” learned from the mistakes of earlier designs and developed something far more worthy and improved.

In this instance, I don’t think it’s down to a case of my personal taste, nor being negative for the sake of being negative. That design is flawed and heaven help the ill advised who lay out hard earned cash for it.

It reminds me of cheap and nasty saitek rudders. Ughhhhhhhh.

I love the line, “essentially ripped from the fuselage of an aircraft”...."

A 1/16th scale RC aircraft maybe.
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Jun-08-2018 at 10:36.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Lol, ok. Price is unknown and there has been 0 reviews or vids of them even being used but ok. If only any of the Saitek products actually had hall effects or ANY metal in the construction other than the combat pedals. Not here to argue just sayin I didn't understand the pre-hate.

10. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

This pedal is clearly based on airlines pedals (e.g. Boeing 757NG) - their previous TFRP is based on Cessna 177, as the GA market (FSX, X-PLane...) is bigger than CFS market (IL-2's, DCS...). Anyway some US warbids like P-51, P-47 use the similar arrange for pedals.

The steel, aluminum parts suggest strength/little play in pivots (like BRD, MFG, Slaw, VKB), and fortunately is used HALL sensor (what Tm call H.E.A.R.T.) in all three axes, the price certainly will be on Warthog range, although an Tm racing pedal with metal structure is not too expensive.

This TPR pedal can share the same 3 axes USB adapter used in TFRP and by other Tm products.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-08-2018 at 12:37.

12. Likes Baffin, PhoenixCNE, faf956, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Someone hit a set of rudder pedals with the ugly stick and in the process managed to squash the pedals together. What on earth could be the benefit of pedals that close? Am I missing something here?

Is there an extension bar missing? Mind you if I were living in a small 1bedroom flat with 14 members of my extended family, 2 dogs and a bowl of small fish, I could see the potential benefit of such a design.
    I suspect this "squashing", is a visual illusion. I have used Saitek Pro-Flight Combat rudder pedals for the last five years with NO Problems. They are generally acclaimed for their 7.5" (19 cm) wide spacing between pedals (the reason I chose them), and by using the sunglasses in the picture for scale, these TPR's seem to appear to be just as wide as my Saiteks.

I'm hoping to see ThrustMaster producing a lower cost, high quality product, manufactured closer to home. I have liked dealing with Guillemot Corporation Group, and their subsidiaries in the past. Maybe some competitive pricing is just what the computer accessories market needs!
    Last edited by Baffin; Jun-11-2018 at 08:47. Reason: width measurement
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

14. Likes PhoenixCNE, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    What on earth could be the benefit of pedals that close?
    The picture is in perspective, beta tester (on CheckSix) suggest (NDA) that TPR is around ~50 cm width.

Say that for reference an (RL) F-16 cockpit width 20 "3/8 = 51,52cm, and looks that pilots there don't have problems with the... erh... "belly ball".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixCNE View Post
    If only any of the Saitek products actually had hall effects
    Don't you mean Hall-sensors?
    If so: The X-65 and -55/-65 did

or ANY metal in the construction other than the combat pedals.
    The X-65 was all metal, and I have to say, the Combat rudder may have metal pedals, the rest is all plastic, including the stems, which get to bear the biggest load, on which the pedals are attached
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

X-65F has "force sensor" (load cell) in X, Y axes, but potentiometer in throttle axes.

X-52's, X-55, X-65 has HALL sensor in X, Y axes, but potentiometer in twist and throttle axes.

Saitek Combat Pedal (discontinued) has the foot rest in aluminum, all the rest in plastic - share the same base of Saitek PRO Flight Rudder Pedals, with cheap potentiometers.

€479,00*
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-12-2018 at 08:44.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    Don't you mean Hall-sensors?
    If so: The X-65 and -55/-65 did

The X-65 was all metal, and I have to say, the Combat rudder may have metal pedals, the rest is all plastic, including the stems, which get to bear the biggest load, on which the pedals are attached
    Hall effect sensor yes, and we were kind of talking about the rudder pedals sorry. The metal on the combat pedals was rather pointless yes and I never saw the reason to spend more than the pro flight pedals when I bought my initial sim gear. Never did have any kind of experience with the x-65 but both the piece of kit itself and the quality of the construction seemed an oddball for Saitek.

*on a side note now that theres an actual video AND more importantly price point (unless lokos was joking) these look like a horrible choice. Who in their right mind wouldn't just get crosswinds? (other than the weirdo in the vid)
    Last edited by PhoenixCNE; Jun-12-2018 at 02:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The old tweezers with "detent" center system (CH, Saiteks...).

print screen

Impressions

Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-13-2018 at 13:17.

21. Likes Baffin, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I shall be waiting for someone to do a like for like comparison review against Slaw / Crosswinds

(Won't be me this time !! I'm broke now !!)

Very interested to read a compariosn though.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Here's Jabbers thoughts on his visit to the TM kiosk at E3. He talks about the TPR, a new TM headset and the (hopefully) soon to be announced F-18 stick.

The pedals are pretty "meh" to me. I'd have been interested in them a few years ago when I used the Obutto Ozone cockpit. It looks like they would fix in the small area the Ozone gives you for pedals. Keep in mind the Ozone is primarily made for racing sims and associated hardware....racing pedals are pretty narrow. The only decent pedals I could find that fit in the Ozone were VKB's T-Rudder pedals and they did not have toe brakes. I really liked the T-Rudder pedals, but the lack of toe brakes was a real downer, so for the toe brakes alone I'd probably have bought the TPR pedals. But now that I have ditched the Ozone and have a set of MFGs the TPRs really don't interest me.

The F-18 stick is a different story. That's going to be an instant buy for me, especially since I'm switching from my VKB Black Mamba to the Virpil stick. Since the Virpil is compatible with and uses the same interface as the TM Cougar and Warthog the F-18 stick should work fine. I'll be able to swap handles depending on plane types e.g. Virpil handle for Russian DCS planes like the Su-27, my Warthog handle for the DCS Warthog module, my Cougar handle for Falcon BMS and the new F-18 stick for the DCS F-15C, Hornet and Harrier modules. The Harrier handle is very similar to the one used in the F-15 and F18, but the trip and castle hats are reversed.....but it's close enough for me.

Yeah yeah...I know. I have way too much free time on my hands.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

24. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

By adding a "slider" with up, down and push, plus push button in castle and 'shoulder' HAT's, Tm F-18 grip has the same number of buttons than Warthog grip:19 + POV HAT.

BTW - "F-18'ish" grip is made in the old and good... plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    BTW - "F-18'ish" grip is made in the old and good... plastic.
    Not a problem for me. Metal feels nice...but paint tends to peel.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Review - by TPR beta tester, on CheckSIx:

http://www.checksix-fr.com/test-thru...ndular-rudder/

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

VKB is 189 EUR now (with VAT for EU) and MFGs are 256 EUR (for me, for orders outside Croatia is 320 EUR) and this is 500 EUR without VAT...camon...
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Jul-14-2018 at 11:21.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

User review - but seems receive pedal for free for this review.

The guy consider a improvement over MFG Crosswind - he own a 1st generation, MJoy16 based USB controller and analog contact less sensor, Crosswind of 2nd generation upgrade for MFG Simm8Rge USB controller and contact less sensor in digital mode (Melexis similar to Warhog, X-55/56).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

He needs to ask 'TIM' why you cant get replacement parts from TM hog hardware anymore.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The best review of TPR until now - written and with screwdriver's.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...ht-sim-pedals/

Author pedal references: Slaw "Friedrich" and RX Viper.

Why TPR use the "low tech" pincer center system?

- Because is more friendly for "Average Joe Simmer's" set their preferences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

You know, for that money they could at least have put a powered USB hub in the 'bollard'

As it is, I still consider the price insane, regardless how hard it is to get a set of Baurs or Slavs
    added to that pricetag that TM presents this as "moddable" while it should be an "off the shelf solution" kinda makes me think they either didn't release a finished product
    and shoved the responsibility of the profit they are making on the DIY FS community
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

My Slaws wil live with me until I lose the ability to fly

(and if you ask the Rag Tags how long that willl be they will most likely retort, some time after he finds it)

at that price... ?

I'm very happy with my choice.

These do look good, but for a mass produced item it's crazy money.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I think I stick to low production long wait rudders. These are probably very good, but my crosswinds are oldest models, never failed me yet. And that say something

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.19 GB

I changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last christmas and my Saitek rudder pedals stopped working and nothing I could to to make them work. So I decided to buy these rudder pedals and I'm astonished with them. At first it was hard to get accustomed to them, but two weeks later I wouldn't change them. I only left one spring (it comes with two springs to adjust the... force? (sorry for my English). The downside: yes, they are expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast