Thread: Boosterdog has just uploaded OPENTRACK 2.3 Conf File for ED Tracker PRO!

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Boosterdog has just uploaded OPENTRACK 2.3 Conf File for ED Tracker PRO!

Hi

This config file SHOULD allow your ED Tracker pro to work (more or less) correctly with Opentrack 2.3.

Opentrack 2.3 uses a version of the Accella Filter that is much easier to adjust in order to avoid jittering when your view is zoomed in. Its far superior to Opentrack 2.2 in this respect.

Setting the rotational dead zone to 11 degrees (Thanks TWC_FLUG) stops any jittering and provides a very stable view that doesnt strain your eyes. The other settings are equally easy to understand.

THE CONFIG ONLY SETS UP THE BASIC CURVES SO THE EDTRACKER WILL WORK. You will need to configure the Accella filter and select "Joystick" as the input device. The output is "Freetrack 2.0 Enhanced".

Ive set this file up to use transitions - Your camera view will move left or right laterally if you roll your head. The camera will also move forward (not zoom) as you bow you head slightly. These are rough and can be changed in any way you like.

Install details are included in the blurb in the download section linked above. After that its a case of adjusting to suit.

Regards

BOO
    Last edited by BOO; Jan-11-2017 at 05:16.

2. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: Boosterdog has just uploaded OPENTRACK 2.3 Conf File for ED Tracker PRO!

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post

Hi

This config file SHOULD allow your ED Tracker pro to work (more or less) correctly with Opentrack 2.3.

Opentrack 2.3 uses a version of the Accella Filter that is much easier to adjust in order to avoid jittering when your view is zoomed in. Its far superior to Opentrack 2.2 in this respect.

Setting the rotational dead zone to 11 degrees (Thanks TWC_FLUG) stops any jittering and provides a very stable view that doesnt strain your eyes. The other settings are equally easy to understand.

THE CONFIG ONLY SETS UP THE BASIC CURVES SO THE EDTRACKER WILL WORK. You will need to configure the Accella filter and select "Joystick" as the input device. The output is "Freetrack 2.0 Enhanced".

Ive set this file up to use transitions - Your camera view will move left or right laterally if you roll your head. The camera will also move forward (not zoom) as you bow you head slightly. These are rough and can be changed in any way you like.

Install details are included in the blurb in the download section linked above. After that its a case of adjusting to suit.

Regards

BOO
    Hi Boo... you have got any any lean out on checking 6?

As far as I understood it that was the main issue with 2.3, (though I can't say I've tried.... I'm using 2.2 stable)

Presumably your "head roll left right" setup is as an alternative to this.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Im too cool to check my six

Before i decided to reinstall windows (Gee thanks for nothing Gigabyte tech support) and NOT save the config i was able to to check six with a lean around yes. In its rough form the current conf should do that although i do tend to limit it for realism. 2.3 is a little buggy in how the octopus in the gui moves but in game it works well.

The natural movement of my head (not yours just mine )) as i look to the 6 tilts and causes the transition. The head tilt also lets me look around the nose in turns whilst the little bit of moment forward give some ability to look around the framing and lean to the gun sight. This can be replicated by leaning forward but if you cant be ar5se moving, just lowering your head a touch will do the same.

The conf was done last night in BOS so ithe curves will need to be altered for CLOD. If you play with the transition curves you can also get some forward and sideways movement seemingly at the same time which feels more natural.

BUT - as i said - this config is just a rough set up to get the main axis working from which you can build something proper in 2.3.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

5. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

So i played a little more and revisited my former glorious win on the air race course (yes thats right i won - I WON!! - skill y'know...nothing to do with luck............much)

Anyhow - a few clod friendly tweaks were made

The zip file is now a little more polished for Clod - its has some inelegant solutions to allow you to look at the compass but there we go.

In short -

Turn you head around and tilt it - you look at you six with a lean.

Tilt you head looking forward you get to admire your exhausts.

Nod you head a bit - you lean to the gunsight (lean not zoom).

Nod you head a bit more and you look down and it zooms out so you can then lean around the stick to the compass and zoom in with keys. (the inelegant bit)

NOW -

Heres the clever Opentrack 2.3 bit. It does transitions better.

If i now look to my side and tilt my head slightly towards the dash - the camera moves forward in the cockpit.

If i look to my side and nod forward - the camera moves towards the canopy.

If i check six, the camera gives me lean and moves forward in the cockpit increasing my field of view (like leaning forward and looking back).

So there we go - not polished by an means but hopefully something someone might find useful to get going with. With a bit of time on the curves i think you get a pretty natural feeling of movement (er... expect for the out of body experience you get if you need to check the compass).

PS its for the hurri and spit - for the 109 you could try offsetting the camera to the right a little to line up with the Revi.

BOO (winner of the 2016 ATAG air-race..........by a feckin mile.........whilst reading a book)
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

7. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

BOO (winner of the 2016 ATAG air-race..........by a feckin mile.........whilst reading a book)

haha !!

Just tried out your profile with open track 2.3

Couldn't get it to work right though. I think the joystick axis configuration maybe isn't standard?

I look left and my head goes up ! right and it goes down.

good heads-up on the rotational deadzone at 0.11 though... I applied that to my 2.2 profile and its makes a good difference.

Cheers fella !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

As i feared - you could simply swap the axis inputs about o it works but...I get ya. Ah well. I knida hoped it was was standard given it was done with everything from fresh but there we go.

Sorry Mate.

10. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

As i feared - you could simply swap the axis inputs about o it works but...I get ya. Ah well. I knida hoped it was was standard given it was done with everything from fresh but there we go.

Sorry Mate.
    Haha !! don't be ! Opentrack does seem to need a fair bit of messing about with to get "just so"

and "just so" is very different from person to person.

I might upload my profile for 2.2 Stable. Plenty of people have asked me for it in the past.

I flew last night after setting that rotational deadzone you mentioned and it made a really nice improvement. Cheers for that !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB

I am so fustrated with my Edtracker Pro. I've had it for a year now, and spend more time calibrating and re-calibrating it and tweaking the profiles than I do flying. I'm thinking of ditching it and going to TrackIR. Works great one day then goes to crap the next day. Its been sent back and replaced. They have great customer support, but I've had enough of it.
    71st_AH_Dawghouse(XR-D)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Ive noticed the newer GUI seems to have you do the twisting and turning for the calibration less that your used to. This caused some drift with me when i re installed a new OS, but i just kept at it for a couple of minutes more.

I never found the EDtracker to drift at all before and, having spent a little more time calibrating it in the new GUI, it doesn't drift now. At all.

Im also happy with its performance in BOS and CloD although i think in DCS you can find the limits of the 3DoF very quickly if you like (need) to look down and into the cockpit. As i dont play DCS a lot, thats fine for me.

Overall, my previous experience with TIR (last generation) was far more problematic but this is probalby more to do with one suiting my playing environment than the other. With both though, i found the less ambitions you are with the curves (ie you actually get it act like your strapped in and not able to wingwalk) the better both are.

But its horses for courses - hope you can either get it sorted or find the HT you like Rick.

Regards

BOO

14. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DawghouseRick View Post
    I am so fustrated with my Edtracker Pro. I've had it for a year now, and spend more time calibrating and re-calibrating it and tweaking the profiles than I do flying. I'm thinking of ditching it and going to TrackIR. Works great one day then goes to crap the next day. Its been sent back and replaced. They have great customer support, but I've had enough of it.
    Exactly as Boo says.

Keep going on the mangetrometer calibration way after the green bar has hit 100% and it will pick up way more points (just like the older GUI prompted you to do)

You can see this in the amount of green dots seen after calibration...

No idea why they omitted this info on the newer GUI.

Magnetic interferance is by far the most important thing to adrees with the Ed Tracker.

Mine is rock solid. If i put the headset on the desk near my speakers it goes all spinny...

on my head (in same space I did the magnetic calibration)... it's rock solid.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

16. Likes DawghouseRick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

AND spin it about whilst its fixed to your plugged headphones if you are using them - they done got magnets in them thar speakers too....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quite so !

And if you are using a laptop or move room for whatever reasopn... do it all again from your new playing position.

Maybe we should actually write a guide.

Tell ya what...

You write it and I will take half the credit gratis.

OK 75% but that's my final offer.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

19. Likes BOO liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB

Smile Re: Boosterdog has just uploaded OPENTRACK 2.3 Conf File for ED Tracker PRO!

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Exactly as Boo says.

Keep going on the mangetrometer calibration way after the green bar has hit 100% and it will pick up way more points (just like the older GUI prompted you to do)

Magnetic interferance is by far the most important thing to adrees with the Ed Tracker.

Mine is rock solid. If i put the headset on the desk near my speakers it goes all spinny...

Thanks. I will try your suggestions. I updated the GUI and Opentrack. Getting nausous trying to do all the calibrations.
    71st_AH_Dawghouse(XR-D)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

This looks good BOO, but I always seem to get things where i want them and then screw things up. So I will wait until the final verdict is out on the upgrade to 2.3, and let you gentlemen do all the hard work of testing and figuring.

It did prompt me to look into the tremor problem. and so i tried these accela filter settings i found on a DCS thread (by selk aris 1976 i believe), and they have settled the shakes down quite a bit (or was it the rye that did that?)

Capture.PNG

Having said that, the move to 2.3 looks like it might be the best solution.

Thanks for sharing.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

22. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hmmm... Rye!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Exactly as Boo says.

Spent quite some time calibrating, but I think I have it close to where I want it. Working fine for CLOD and BOS. A lot more set up options with the newer Opentrack. Can be a bit confusing. Seems a bit smoother, and I learned a few new things through trial and error (more errors). Does the 2.3 version save the conf's automatically? I see there is no save or save as button.
    Thanks
    71st_AH_Dawghouse(XR-D)

25. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Hey BOO.

Do you mind sending a snip of your mapping and output (found inside the options box)?

It would really help myself and others to get a jump on using the 2.3

Thanks again for letting us know that 2.3 works with EDTracker
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    This looks good BOO, but I always seem to get things where i want them and then screw things up. So I will wait until the final verdict is out on the upgrade to 2.3, and let you gentlemen do all the hard work of testing and figuring.

It did prompt me to look into the tremor problem. and so i tried these accela filter settings i found on a DCS thread (by selk aris 1976 i believe), and they have settled the shakes down quite a bit (or was it the rye that did that?)

Capture.PNG

Having said that, the move to 2.3 looks like it might be the best solution.

Thanks for sharing.

Didn't really get on with that.

its steady as you say, but the lag on head turning I don't like.

Gonna stick with my 2.2 setup as I have it.

Thanks for sharing though !!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DawghouseRick View Post
    Spent quite some time calibrating, but I think I have it close to where I want it. Working fine for CLOD and BOS. A lot more set up options with the newer Opentrack. Can be a bit confusing. Seems a bit smoother, and I learned a few new things through trial and error (more errors). Does the 2.3 version save the conf's automatically? I see there is no save or save as button.
    Thanks
    not sure about 2.3

I didn't really get on with it very well. So figured I'd stick with what I know. stayed on 2.2 stable as it works really well for me !

Boo is your man for 2.3

I uploaded my 2.2 config file so fee free to check that out as well. Id be very interested to hear how you get on (irrespective of which setup you decide on) all info on this is gold !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Hey BOO.

Do you mind sending a snip of your mapping and output (found inside the options box)?

It would really help myself and others to get a jump on using the 2.3

Thanks again for letting us know that 2.3 works with EDTracker

I can but i dunno if itll work for you - also -- i dunno why it works for me - i just fiddled till it did.

option.PNG tracker settings.PNG

I think ive put a link to this video elsewhere but hey ho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv8iHyVzRkA

This is an unpolished demo of what im getting. since then ive refined some of the curves a little
    Last edited by BOO; Jan-23-2017 at 00:29.

30. Likes farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.7 KB

Perfect,

Just what I was looking for to get set up - thanks