Thread: Smoother Control Settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Smoother Control Settings

Hi guys,

I bought CloD yesterday and am finally able to play it today after 12+ hours of trying to figure out all the patches and mods! I'm very excited to join this community and had a couple of questions related to smoothing out controls.

1. Zoom - I tinkered with the Field of View + / - fields in the Keys / Camera category. Is there any way to make this smoother? Currently it seems to zoom in/out by a fixed amount that's too fast and rough.
    2. Engine controls - Same idea here. My throttle, radiator, and prop pitch controls seems to be moving in 5% increments. Is there any way to fine tune that?

More generally, if I have track IR, should I assign keys to zoom or just use my head movement? For some reason, my head movement does not seem to zoom all the way.

I'm sure I'll have many more questions but this is it for now. Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Smoother Control Settings

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    1. Zoom - I tinkered with the Field of View + / - fields in the Keys / Camera category. Is there any way to make this smoother? Currently it seems to zoom in/out by a fixed amount that's too fast and rough.
    Under camera section there is a key to "hold to adjust zoom" or alike name. Assign it, press it, and then use your mouse to zoom in/out. I believe by default you can check that on your NumPad, keys + - (if you havent changed them yet).

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    2. Engine controls - Same idea here. My throttle, radiator, and prop pitch controls seems to be moving in 5% increments. Is there any way to fine tune that?
    Yes, 5% is the default.However, on top left, where you have keys/axes tab, if you switch to "axes" you can assign some of these functions to a slider and get increments of 1%

3. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

If you're using a key to zoom in/out you can change the speed. I think the correct place is in your confUser file under [Config viewSet] section. Speed=X I have mine at 6.
    I'm not 100% sure that's the place so try it carefully.

5. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Default "ZOOM" in CLod is via mouse (like Lolsav explain), is the command via key/button for "Hold to Adjust Field of View"* + mouse Y movement = the worst way to use ZOOM in flight/fight.

TF Patches add incremental ZOOM, look in Camera and assign keys/buttons/HAT for Field of View + and Field of View -

For adjust ZOOM speed:

C:\Users\......\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Locate the confUser.ini and open it with the Notepad/Notepad++

2nd paragraph [MOD] ZoomSpeed...

1 = slow zoom = 10 fast zoom
    IF your ConfUser.ini dont have the section [MOD] add the lines bellow:

Code:
    [MOD]
    ZoomSpeed=1 
    GameLanguage= 
    ExtendCloudsDistance=yes
    The "yes" in last line will give you (slight) better Clouds - but limited to CloD visibility "bubble" area - why the game never will have a "British Weather" - outside the "bubble" is always CAVU.

BTW - The command (in Camera) "Hold to ZOOM camera" only ZOOM inside cockpit, don't affect the external FOV.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-30-2017 at 07:50.

7. Likes ATAG_Highseas, SharkBait liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

lokos, you're a wizard! That worked like a charm. Thank you very much. Do you know if there is a similar way to modify throttle increments using the ini file? For example, the default throttle step is 5% if you bind it to a key. I'd like to make it more like 2%.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

The zooms I use are in...Options / Controls / Camera...The most used are 'Field Of View+'...and...'Field Of View-'....I also have Keys set for 'Field Of View30'...'70'....and...'90' but they aren't used so much...

I don't use the others such as 'Lean to gunsight'
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel