Thread: Hello

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    25.11 MB

Hello

Hello Everyone,

How are we all? I've been away from flight sims for a long time and would like to get back into it again.

It's been a long time since flying with Vultures Row in IL2:FB.

I currently have IL2: 1946, CloD and BoS/BoM/BoK
    Saitek X52 and TrackIR5, however none of these are setup and I'm finding it really tricky
    Any help would be most appreciated

I would like to get flying with you guys and to attend flight school again

Many Thanks for Listening

Liam

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Re: Hello

Hello Liam.

Welcome to the ATAG forum and back to the CFS community, nice to hear from you.

As for getting started please go to the top of the main forum page and go through the 'Beginners Guide'. A little later my good friend ATAG_Lewis will make his welcome post which is full of very useful tips and information.

If you are still having any trouble, post here in the forum or, if you are able to get online, ask someone on Team Speak, you will find everybody here is always ready to help as we are a very friendly bunch.

When you are ready come and join us on the ATAG Allies & Axis main server and be prepared for some real fun.

I fly with a great group of guys known informally as the Rag Tags and as a group we are normally online Monday and Wednesday night about 9pm (21:00) UK time. If you need any flight training I am sure we can help you.

Look forward to seeing you online soon.

~S~
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

3. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Hi mate and welcome, the best bit of advice I can give you is to get onto team speak asap because that is where you can ask anyone for help and advice. Before you know it you will be sorted .

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums Liam8 ...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!...

How to set up Teamspeak

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Welcome to the War effort !!

You are going to love it !!

If you have any questions after trawling the links on Lew's thread just ask away !

I've been here a year and I'm barely scratching the surface. It truly is quite incredible !

Learn something new every week I reckon.

Have fun and see you up there !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    25.11 MB

Hello,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

I'm just wondering what extra programs you use with IL2 CLOD.

I seem to remember from the dim and distant past using IL2 Launcher and Hyperlobby. Are these now obsolete? A bit of a blast from the past for some of you.

I have Teamspeak setup and I'm just testing a few TrackIR profiles but the main thing I'm struggling with is setting up my X52 and IL2. I forgot what a pain in the rump it was. How many buttons

Many Thanks Again

Liam

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Liam8 View Post

I'm just wondering what extra programs you use with IL2 CLOD.

Track IR

(or Ed tracker + Opentrack)

TS3

TS notifier

Virtual Cockpit (I have a small screen with the compass on it when in Spits and Hurries)

Additional other programs are entirely dependant on who else is in the room.

Scrubs, Pepper Pig, Gilmore Girls... to be honest I've rather lost track...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

9. Likes Liam8, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    25.11 MB

Hello Again,

My apologies for the delay.

Would anyone have any time over the next few days to help me setup my Saitek X-52 profile and TrackIR.

I'm struggling a little and finding it a little overwhelming

Many Thanks In Advance

Liam

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey Liam!
    I'd recommend jumping into the TS server as most of the fellows run Track IR and I found that they don't bite!
    Good luck mate!

~S
    Charley

12. Likes ATAG_Torian, Liam8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLV View Post
    Hey Liam!
    I'd recommend jumping into the TS server as most of the fellows run Track IR and I found that they don't bite!
    Good luck mate!
    +1
    Charles is spot on Liam. Get on TS and don't be shy. U could also try a forum search to see if there are any threads that might be helpful to u.
    Cheers m8.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

14. Likes ATAG_Pattle, Liam8 liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

hello

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello 4steviewonder!

Welcome to the community and the ATAG forum. If you are looking for fun you have come to the right place.

Read the 'Beginners Guide' and keep your eyes open here for the welcome post from ATAG_Lewis. Both are packed with information and useful tips to help you get up and flying.

So, come and join the party on the ATAG Allies vs Axis server and see what this awesome sim has to offer.

See you online soon.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA