Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trackhat with CLOD

Novice Pilot
    The North Coast of NSW Australia - Coffs Harbour
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Trackhat with CLOD

I have been trying for some time to get Trackhat to work with CLOD, so far without success. It works OK with FSX. But with CLOD it is jittery and uncontrollable. I note CLOD is not listed in their list of compatible games. Has anyone had any success? If so please advise the settings and mapping that works. I would be very grateful as I purchased the kit specifically for CLOD - didn't do enough research! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Re: Trackhat with CLOD

Is Trackhat just a generic 3-point IR model using Freetrack? If so, it shouldn't need any specific setup to work with CloD.

If it does have some sort of bespoke frontend, try setting it up in vanilla Opentrack or FaceTrackNoIR with point tracker source.

Out of interest what are your computer specs? That tracking works fine in FSX makes me wonder if the increased demand on your system of running CloD is causing the tracking software to run badly.

For troubleshooting, this thread may also help:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=24418
    Last edited by Pans; Feb-18-2017 at 19:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

I think my profile for flying IL2 46 was much too sensitive in CLoD. Could this be the problem? I think I toned down the responses quite a bit.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Panser View Post
    Is Trackhat just a generic 3-point IR model using Freetrack? If so, it shouldn't need any specific setup to work with CloD.

If it does have some sort of bespoke frontend, try setting it up in vanilla Opentrack or FaceTrackNoIR with point tracker source.

Out of interest what are your computer specs? That tracking works fine in FSX makes me wonder if the increased demand on your system of running CloD is causing the tracking software to run badly.

For troubleshooting, this thread may also help:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=24418
    Thanks for advice Panser. Trackhat is a kit which includes a cap fitted with three IR diodes, and a PS3 webcam with IR filter removed. You have to download Opentrack to run it. It is a considerably less costly option to TrackIR. I would hesitate to say it "works fine" with FSX but acceptable after a fair amount of tweeking sensitivities and output curves. The same settings do not work with CLOD. It is far too sensitive and jerky despite my efforts to smooth it out. You could be right about my specs, I have reduced the resolution which helped a bit. Details are :
    Gigabyte Technology motherboard - AMDA8-7650 3.3 Ghz CPU - Integrated AMD Radeon R7 4MB graphics - 8 GB RAM - 1 Terebyte HD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit O/S.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Perfesser View Post
    I think my profile for flying IL2 46 was much too sensitive in CLoD. Could this be the problem? I think I toned down the responses quite a bit.
    Thanks for comment Perfesser. Yes, with CLOD it is far too sensitive and jerky despite my attempts to soften it down by reducing resolution and tweeking set ups and output curves. If you have any records of the settings you used on IL2 46 it would be useful. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by diggers33 View Post
    Thanks for comment Perfesser. Yes, with CLOD it is far too sensitive and jerky despite my attempts to soften it down by reducing resolution and tweeking set ups and output curves. If you have any records of the settings you used on IL2 46 it would be useful. Thanks
    Did you also made changes in the filter you use or only in the curves of opentrack?
    https://github.com/opentrack/opentra...-opentrack-2.3
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

That would be a problem.
    I used Freetrack through all of my IL2 46 days and into Cliffs. Then came DCS. Freetrack doesn't work in DCS so that is when I began using Opentrack (same as trackhat).

Bottom line is that I don't have an Opentrack profile for IL2 46. Very likely your output curves will remain nearly the same but the sliders will be at 1/4 of the 46 settings or less(wild guess) for CloD.

When I swapped over to Opentrack I installed a profile I found online and it works pretty well.

Find your profiles in - C:\Users\YOU\Documents\opentrack-2.3
    You can paste the text below into a notepad file and try that. The stuff in blue looks specific to my LED and camera setup. You'll need to copy your own settings and put them there I think.

[migrations]
    last-migration-at=20160917_00~

[proto-freetrack]
    used-interfaces=0

[tracker-pt]
    active-model-panel=1
    camera-fps=60
    camera-name=PS3Eye Camera
    cap-x=125
    cap-y=130
    cap-z=160
    model-centroid-x=0
    model-centroid-y=-146
    model-centroid-z=-52
    threshold-primary=66
    automatic-threshold=false

[accela-sliders]
    rotation-deadzone=@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\x16options::sli der_value\0?\xb4z\xe1G\xae\x14{\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@\0 \0\0\0\0\0\0)

[opentrack-ui]
    centering-method=1
    keycode-center=
    compensate-translation=true
    keycode-restart-tracking=
    use-system-tray=false
    yaw-invert-sign=false
    pitch-invert-sign=false
    roll-invert-sign=false
    x-invert-sign=false
    y-invert-sign=false
    z-invert-sign=false
    button-center=20
    button-restart-tracking=22
    guid-center={2EA57D60-BE30-11E0-8001-444553540000}
    guid-restart-tracking={2EA57D60-BE30-11E0-8001-444553540000}

[spline-X]
    points="@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\xfQList<QPointF> \0\0\0\0\x2@\x12\0\0\0\0\0\0?\xf0\0\0\0\0\0\0@=\x8 0\0\0\0\0\0@R\x80\0\0\0\0\0)"

[spline-Y]
    points=@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\xfQList<QPointF>\ 0\0\0\0\x2@\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@>\0\0\ 0\0\0\0@R\xc0\0\0\0\0\0)

[spline-Z]
    points=@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\xfQList<QPointF>\ 0\0\0\0\x3@\b\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@\x12\0\0 \0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@>\0\0\0\0\0\0@R\x80\0\0\0 \0\0)

[spline-yaw]
    points=@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\xfQList<QPointF>\ 0\0\0\0\x2@@\x80\0\0\0\0\0@c`\0\0\0\0\0@f@\0\0\0\0 \0@e\x90\0\0\0\0\0)

[spline-pitch]
    points=@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\xfQList<QPointF>\ 0\0\0\0\x3\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@H\0\0\0 \0\0\0@d\xa0\0\0\0\0\0@f`\0\0\0\0\0@e@\0\0\0\0\0)

[spline-roll]
    points=@Variant(\0\0\0\x7f\0\0\0\xfQList<QPointF>\ 0\0\0\0\x3@5\0\0\0\0\0\0@)\0\0\0\0\0\0@T\0\0\0\0\0 \0@^\0\0\0\0\0\0@f`\0\0\0\0\0@e\x90\0\0\0\0\0)
    Last edited by Perfesser; Feb-26-2017 at 11:36.

8. Likes w0odi liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Perfesser View Post
    Freetrack doesn't work in DCS
    Freetrack is working in DCS without a problem.

For those in need of quick and detailed procedure following the original help from the guys above.
    add the Headtracker.dll and Headtracker.prefs files into all 3 folders below
    1. DCS World\ bin
    2. DCS World\ bin\ headtracker (head tracker folder needs to be created)
    3. DCS World\ Mods\ aircraft\ ****\ bin\

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Did you also made changes in the filter you use or only in the curves of opentrack?
    Sure did. I got a set of filter settings from someone that was helpful and have increased the smoothing level somewhat.
    I have also decreased the sensitivity of the output curves considerably and am definitely making progress. Thanks a lot guys for your input. I will keep trying.

11. Likes w0odi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

You could be right about my specs, I have reduced the resolution which helped a bit. Details are :
    Gigabyte Technology motherboard - AMDA8-7650 3.3 Ghz CPU - Integrated AMD Radeon R7 4MB graphics - 8 GB RAM - 1 Terebyte HD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit O/S.
    Sorry, I missed that you'd replied. I only asked your specs in case there was an obvious bottleneck. It looks like you've got quite a good machine but the onboard graphics might be causing a squeeze... CloD is a lot more demanding than FSX, so i'm not surprised that lowering your resolution has helped. The harder your machine has to work on the game, the lower the available overhead to process smooth head tracking. Did you manage to get things working yet?
    Last edited by Pans; Feb-27-2017 at 19:36.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Panser View Post
    Sorry, I missed that you'd replied. I only asked your specs in case there was an obvious bottleneck. It looks like you've got quite a good machine but the onboard graphics might be causing a squeeze... CloD is a lot more demanding than FSX, so i'm not surprised that lowering your resolution has helped. The harder your machine has to work on the game, the lower the available overhead to process smooth head tracking. Did you manage to get things working yet?
    I'm getting close. One minute it seems Ok and then suddenly goes haywire. I reckon I will get there but it has taken a lot of effort and help from you guys. I wouldn't recommend Trackhat for CLOD if you don't have the patience and time to find the right settings for your machine etc.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

I'm getting close. One minute it seems Ok and then suddenly goes haywire. I reckon I will get there but it has taken a lot of effort and help from you guys. I wouldn't recommend Trackhat for CLOD if you don't have the patience and time to find the right settings for your machine etc.
    Well guys I can at last report that I have commissioned Trackhat as my head tracking device following some very helpful input from Stormrider - thanks mate. By running CLOD in window mode I was able to see the effects of changing certain parameters, in particular the camera itself. Changing from blue dot to red dot on the PS3 camera made a big improvement. Thanks to all of you that offered me help. diggers33 PS the same settings do not work with FSX but I'm not worried about that. Cheers

15. Likes w0odi liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.34 MB

Well guys I can at last report that I have commissioned Trackhat as my head tracking device following some very helpful input from Stormrider - thanks mate. By running CLOD in window mode I was able to see the effects of changing certain parameters, in particular the camera itself. Changing from blue dot to red dot on the PS3 camera made a big improvement. Thanks to all of you that offered me help. diggers33 PS the same settings do not work with FSX but I'm not worried about that. Cheers
    Glad you got your's working I am still fighting with mine but I haven't been on my sim machine to do any tweaking so I am hoping what read on these posts will help me with my problems...

w0odi

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by w0odi View Post
    Glad you got your's working I am still fighting with mine but I haven't been on my sim machine to do any tweaking so I am hoping what read on these posts will help me with my problems...

w0odi
    I have finally got some resolution with my Trackhat setup and it is working so much better than it was... just have to be more stubborn than it is..

w0odi

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    504.95 MB

Have you tried contacting trackhat i found them really helpful when i was having problems.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I'm still playing around with TrackHat software...I have a PS3 eye which I have removed the IR filter from and inserted 2 pieces of negative behind the lens...Still messing about with the mapping...but its going ok...I agree that unlike TrackIR is pretty much plug and play on default...but once you set it up Trackhat is as good..no doubt...

it would be great to get to a situation where new players could buy the TrackHat and have it plug and play just like TrackIr...

Still tweaking...

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Apr-05-2017 at 17:57.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

20. Likes PhoenixCNE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I'm still playing around with TrackHat software...I have a PS3 eye which I have removed the IR filter from and inserted 2 pieces of negative behind the lens...Still messing about with the mapping...but its going ok...I agree that unlike TrackIR is pretty much plug and play on default...but once you set it up Trackhat is as good..no doubt...

it would be great to get to a situation where new players could buy the TrackHat and have it plug and play just like TrackIr...

Still tweaking...

...Lew...
    Also if you zoom in?No stuttering??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn S50 met Tapatalk
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

22. Likes MezzA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Also if you zoom in?No stuttering??
    No...No stuttering...Its actually really smooth....

Strange thing was that I inverted the X axis...Seems when I check 6 I first turn my head and then move it to the side....What this did in game was turn my head around and then moved it the opposite way from the side I wanted to check because when you look back the game inverts your view...So I inverted the X axis which feels more intuitive...The only problem with that is now when I want to look forward along the nose of the aircraft the movement ingame is opposite to my head position...Its a weird nuance of headtracking....

Still tweaking....
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

24. Likes MezzA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Strange thing was that I inverted the X axis...Seems when I check 6 I first turn my head and then move it to the side....What this did in game was turn my head around and then moved it the opposite way from the side I wanted to check because when you look back the game inverts your view...So I inverted the X axis which feels more intuitive...The only problem with that is now when I want to look forward along the nose of the aircraft the movement ingame is opposite to my head position...Its a weird nuance of headtracking....

Still tweaking....
    if you go in the trackhat software to "options"-----"output" and there you find an option named "translation compensation"I think that if you read it you will know what it does

26. Likes PhoenixCNE, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Still tweaking....
    I was going to ask if Trackhat had something like TrackIRs Trueview so that when you turn around to check 6 you are oriented correctly.

** I really see this as a pretty noble quest here lewis, I know you already have TrackIR and the fact that you are experimenting with the sole purpose of bringing cheap head tracking to new players impresses me to no end (although it shouldn't surprise me you have shown your character long before this) ... anyhow /clap and cheers, Thanks Lewis!
    Last edited by PhoenixCNE; Apr-06-2017 at 10:25.

28. Likes ATAG_Lewis, No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

if you go in the trackhat software to "options"-----"output" and there you find an option named "translation compensation"I think that if you read it you will know what it does
    HAHAHAA.....Its just taken me 2 hours to figure that out on my own just by twiddling with stuff...Its not at all intuitive....or should I say easy for a dumbass like me...I should have kept an eye on this thread...lol

So..Now I have all the settings the as default...yaw to yaw, pitch to pitch etc...

The Superclip came today....I have to say at first I am very impressed with the build quality...Looks very robust..sturdy...It is 3D printed I think...It is hollow with a cover that makes it look symmetrical...and then some heat wrap that holds it together...The flat side is big enough to apply some Velcro to instead of the ties which is how I will mount it...Very clever...Very good...Highly recommend it...£18.99

Still tweaking...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jan-18-2018 at 23:14.

30. Likes Stormrider, ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

@diggers33

I have spent many hours tweaking the settings and learning stuff about Trackhat and the PS3 Eye over the last few days...I got it to work nicely but still want to tweak some more just out of perfection...but I can go through here what I did to get it to this point...At the moment it is working very well and I am confident it works competitively in the server...Importantly it is just as good a headtracker as TrackIR...and 1/5 of the price...

I know folks will know more than I do on this but if I get this down at this point to show you how far I have got then at least folks will be able to put me straight...This is a basic first try setup tutorial...I'll tweak it as folks give me info...so here it is...

================================================

1) First start your PS3 eye software...'CL-Eye Test'...This will setup the cameras exposure so that it will work when you run the Trackhat software...Once you have tweaked it in here you will need to close this software down and you won't need it again to use your headtracker with CLOD...When ever you use your headtracker with CLOD you will only need to start the 'TrackHat Opentrack'...software...

2) Click on 'options' and then 'Video capture filter'...

Camera Settings
    3) Move your 'Gain' and 'Exposure' until you get something like the screenshot below...You need to not be able to see anything other than the 3 leds...I have included my settings here too but they will probably be different to yours as my camera has 2 pieces of 35mm exposed negative in..one behind the other to double up the filter...If you buy the whole 'TrackHat Clip Headtracking Kit' from Trackhat which is all you will need then you won't need to do this...The Ps3 eye that they provide already has this mod...

TrackHat Clip Headtracking Kit - £32

https://www.trackhat.org/shop-cfk4?g...DYMaAq0w8P8HAQ

4) Close the 'CL-Eye Test' software (you will not need to run this software once it has been setup) and start the 'TrackHat opentrack' software.

5) Click 'Start' and the red light on your PS3 eye should light up...You should see your camera working in the window now... You need to position your camera in line with your Headtracker...This will be offset as the camera needs to have the 3 lights central in the window for full movement...So move your camera...

6) I will go through each page of the 'Options' first...

Shortcuts

'Bind' a key for 'Center' where you can press it quickly...I constantly am pressing mine as I tend to move around in my chair and it gets off-centre regularly...

Camera
    The only thing I did here is move the 'Threshold' slider..Fully left or right makes the red numbers disappear in the window and you want all of them registering a number...I started from the left with the slider and moved it up until the numbers appeared and then moved it slightly further...

Model
    Refers to if you have the actual hat or which side you have your clip...'Clip' refers to right-handed...
    'Model position calibration' - My 'Toggle calibration' was greyed out...But I had a weird issue with my setup that I corrected with adding '1mm' to the 'z'....when I initially started my TrackHat-opentrack software I had the red cross in the window about 15mm away from my 3 green crosses...and ingame it was very screwy...I managed to correct it my adding that 1mm and the cross went to the centre led in the window (Trackhat pic above)...if you have issues with the red cross not being over the middle green cross add numerical values in the 'Model position calibration' until your red cross is directly over the middle cross...

Output
    I initially had the 2 boxes unchecked but that messes with your rear view when checking your 6...So make sure both boxes are checked...All the 6 DOF 'Output remap' should be as is below...

Filter

Only one here I actually know about is the 'Smoothing'...The higher this is the more it slows your movement ingame down and the lower it is the more jerky it feels ingame...There feels like a delay if you have it too far to the right...I did tweak the others but I wasn't sure what it did so I left them as is...

Game detection

I tried to make a profile in here...this is something I need to work out for uploading profiles to folks...

7) Click 'OK'

8) Mapping
    Click on the 'mapping

With all the mappings for each degree of freedom you need to have your game running...You can start a single player quick mission and pause the game...Its best to move the canopy back in the Spit or Hurri to see how the 'check 6' view works here...All your curves maybe different to mine because of screen size and distance to camera...I have a 27'' monitor and my Head Clip is 22'' from the camera...

Yaw
    Head movement twist left and right...
    The red dot here needs to be close to the top of the 180 mark when you are fully turned to max ...Obviously you need to be able to still see your screen...My first node on the '0' line is there to make a deadzone...It is at 2 or 3 before the ramp starts...It means that the program does nothing until I go past a certain point and then it kicks in...This helps with gunnery...Small movements when you are looking straight down your gunsight could influence the reticule...You don't want that when you are firing so include a 'deadzpne' here...

Pitch

Head movement up and down
    I made these 2 maps independent...Check 'Asymmetric mapping below' if you want this...It means that looking down is more aggressive...This wasn't for looking at my dash but for looking back down behind the wing root...You also want to make the upward view fairly aggressive too...In the Spit at maximum you can see the canopy grip behind your head...If you don't have this aggressive then you will be straining the back of your neck to look upward...I found out the hard way...Again small deadzones here...

Roll
    Head movement twist left and right when looking directly ahead
    This mapping is straight forward as it doesn't need to be pseudo...It should remain exactly the same as in reality...

X axis

Head movement left and right looking straight ahead...
    You do this movement by actually moving your torso not your neck...ingame this movement makes you look down the side of the fuselage...You can see the exhaust stubs when looking forward and you can check you 6 by looking down the side of your fuselage backwards when coupled with Yaw...Deadzone again here...

Y axis

Head movement up and down as if sitting p straight or slouching in the chair
    This is not an important axis...It helps only when looking around canopy frames...Large deadzone

Z axis
    Head movement towards and away from the camera...
    this axis is good for leaning to the gunsight...I tend to sit forward and 'center' my tracker and then sit back...What this does is it puts you at rest sitting furthest away from the windscreen giving you a wider angle to view the surroundings...Not everyone does this but I feel its very good for Situation awareness...

9) Click 'OK' at the bottom of your 'Mapping' box and do not turn off the 'Trackhat opentrack' software...It needs to run while your game is running...

==================================

As I say...a work in progress...Let me know if any of this is any help at all...

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jan-18-2018 at 23:36.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Lew - I'm the guy that started this thread months ago. There has been a great response from a lot of helpful members that got me to a stage where I really thought I had it mastered, so much so I published a "success ' message.
    Alas, not to be! The next time I fired it up the image was all over the place and uncontrollable again and I couldn't even get it going on FSX. The whole kit is back in its box and I was ready to leave it there and buy the ED tracker and then along comes your thread with settings and curves. You are obviously more knowledgeable and maybe more patient than me. It has encouraged me to have another go so thanks Lew. Will let you know how I fare in due course. Best regards diggers33

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    504.95 MB

Thanks Lew for posting all the screen shots i use trackhat and it works but not perfect. After i installed a ssd and reinstalled it all i couldn't get it working as well as it had done before but didn't want to mess with it as it took me ages to get it working again hopefully i can tweak it now. Thanks Rob

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.45 MB

Lewis - You are a genius ! I know you already have TrackIR but you still saw the challenge of getting Trackhat to work in CLOD and set out to help us struggling with it. As I said my kit was ready for the dustbin, even if I got it to sort of work every time I tried to fire it up again it was uncontrollable. Following your latest thread I have started from scratch and entered the exact options, settings and curves you outlined and bingo - I have a workable system. I needed to tweak the threshold slider to obtain a stable "3 OK" message (I have a window alongside my monitor and the blind is not full blockout), invert the Yaw and Pitch outputs for some reason and increase the smoothing a bit. That was yesterday and today it proved to be stable and started up fine. I find the head movements quite sensitive, I will have to get used to the degree of movement, and overall just a bit 'jerky'. I could increase the smoothness slider a bit more I think but am loathe to mess up what is a workable set up.
    So thanks again Lew for your perseverance and patience on behalf of all of us less cluey members. Incidentally, the CLOD settings do not work with FSX so I have to set up an alternative profile for that but who cares ! Cheers mate John

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thanks for the feedback Dig...All feedback is good...I'm glad you got it working to a fashion...

I would take screenshots or a screencapture vid of your settings then fiddle with them....Only change one thing at a time and if it is worse then alter the setting in the opposite direction until you find the sweet spot...You can also turn off certain DOF so that they don't interfere with others when you are setting them up...That might help....Just remember if you got it running to a fashion then you can tweak it...Just important as you say to not go backward unless you know exactly where the setting was in the first place....

Unfortunately I have a real busy couple weeks so am only getting to be able to do forum stuff for an hour and that's all at the moment...no flying and no experimenting with Headtrackers...I'll be back on it in a couple weeks...~S~

Supporting Member No.119_Viper (VK-S)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    214.38 MB

Smile Re: Trackhat with CLOD

Hi everyone,

My new head tracker has just been delivered .....box open and im greeted with a Super Clip 6DOF system with an Logitech HD camera........VERY EXITED.........So will be gone till either I suss out how to set it all up or....which will be more likely ....I cry out PLEASE Boys HELP ME..........

Love and )) Hugs ((

Susie ( Viper )

Xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Big day doing a removal for my mother from bonnie Dumfries to Chesterfield tomoro...Won't be around until after the weekend I guess...she is nearly 80 years old...

I will be on after that I think Vip...If you need help I can probably talk you through it...at least from my limited use of the one I got a week or so ago...

Maybe a good idea to leave it boxed until you have someone talk you through it...

....Lew...

38. Likes Stormrider, No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Hopefully returning to topic, thanks for pointing this trackir alternative out Lewis. Currently very happy with my Edtracker, but for 58 quid the trackhat clip plus kit looks worth investigating. And your walkthrough of setup looks very comprehensive.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    Hi everyone,

My new head tracker has just been delivered .....box open and im greeted with a Super Clip 6DOF system with an Logitech HD camera........VERY EXITED.........So will be gone till either I suss out how to set it all up or....which will be more likely ....I cry out PLEASE Boys HELP ME..........

Love and )) Hugs ((

Susie ( Viper )

Xxxxx
    Hi Susie,
    I shall give you a few tips of which I think what will help you to get your 6dof setup working.
    A few things can give problems for good tracking:

1. the light conditions in the room
    2. the distance from you to the webcam
    3. moving your head to far left/right, up/down ect so your webcam is not able to see the three leds anymore
    4. auto functions in the software of your webcam.The reasom is that some webcams has a function to follow your face.For skype it is a nice feature, but not for tracking.Auto- exposure is a function that will automatically determine the correct exposure for picture.For good tracking you only want to see three led dots and you want to block the normal light or at least a big difference in visibility.If your webcam thinks that it is to dark it will change the exposure to a certain level and you a lower fps.If you have low fps you can try to enable auto-exposure, shine with a very bright flashlight into the webcam and disable the auto-exposure again.
    These are more but these are the most common causes of problems.

If you want to use Freetrack, Opentrack(or Trackhat software) or Ftnoir(facetracknoir) doesn't matter, setting up the curves is basicly the same.
    This is imho the way start settingup things.Just go and sit at the good place where you should sit if you should fly.You have ofcourse already attached that clip to you headset, tracking software running and checked if the auto functions of your webcam are disabled.If it is alright, the only thing you seen now is three dots.In the tracking software(not in Freetrack) there is some calibration function.This is a important function because by using this the software can calculate where the clip is attached on your head.With Freetrack you had to measure the position on your head and fill it in.With a to big difference the tracking was buggy.
    In Freetrack it was like this:
    That calibrationfunction is a great improvement
    The leds which are used have a viewing angle of 40 degrees to all sides.Some have a smaller viewing angle but I don't expect that you have those.
    Now just move your head(not body) to all the sides and determine what is the maximum you want to move you head to get the view movements ingame.Most common is that you don't move your head more then 25 degrees in real live.So for yaw you must make the curve that 25 degrees will give you 180 degrees ingame.
    In the software is also a filter.The filter setting determines how the tracking software responses to slow, little, fast or big head movement.If you are using a big tv it is possible that with only 25 degrees real live headmovement you can't see what is happening on the sides of the tv then you have to use 30 degrees as a max real live headmovement.Different people, different hardware and different settings(profiles)But with all movements your three leds must be visible in the tracking software.If it looses one, you get weird view movements ingame.
    Setting up the curves is for me personal the easiest part, setting up that filter takes a long time of tweaking.It can make it easier if you have Clod running not "Full" but windowed and your tracking software also visible.If you see any weird things in tracking you adjust it on the fly.

Cheers Stormrider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast