Thread: TS overlay not working

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

TS overlay not working

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've read various threads, both on here and other forums and I'm struggling to get a working Teamspeak overlay to show who is talking in the channel while playing.

I did originally (and very briefly) get the Team Fusion TS3 plugin working by downgrading to an old version of TS3 (I think 3.0.11.1) when I was running Win7x64 but that was the day my graphics card went up the swanny. After a convoluted troubleshooting process that involved reinstalling Windows, I ended up with a shiny new card and running Win10x64. Now when I try the same combination of contemporaneous TS3 with TF plugin, Cliffs of Dover just won't start.

I also tried installing TS notifier and following some instructions on configuring for ClOD, but I just couldn't get that to work. The game ran fine, just nothing seemed to happen.

I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but it feels like I've done everything that I can think of and its driving me to distraction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: TS overlay not working

When i get you on TS i will talk you through if you dont figure it out til then

3. Likes Pans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

I imagine this is has already been tried but you do have to be actually flying for TSNotifier to be working...
    Check the config files and ensure that this is in gamesettings.ini:
    Code:
    [Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    Also, check this thread out. It helped me with my setup a lot.

EDIT: This thread too.
    Last edited by ATAG_kiwiflieger; Feb-12-2017 at 22:23.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I successfully use the latest release of TeamSpeak 3 Client and TSNotifier, running both as Administrator. For some reason, I must start CLoD first, exit to desktop next, then start both TS programs and then return to the game. If I start TS first (like I used to), CLoD refuses to start.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiflieger View Post
    I imagine this is has already been tried but you do have to be actually flying for TSNotifier to be working...
    Check the config files and ensure that this is in gamesettings.ini:
    Code:
    [Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    Also, check this thread out. It helped me with my setup a lot.

EDIT: This thread too.
    Hi Kiwi,

TSNotifier for Beginners [Definitive Guide] was one of the threads I worked through... as far as I know, to the letter. I'd not come across Baffin's thread though. I'll have to give it a go when I next fancy another round of hassle!

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I believe TS notifier requires both the 32 bit and 64 bit TS3 Notifier helper dlls to be located in the Teamspeak plug ins folder for it to work.

The standand "does it all" download installer doesn't install both sometimes.

There is another zip file that has just the components into (same TS notifier site - click on other files and scroll down to Zip in installer section) - download the latest zip and follow the instructions given to paste the missing dll.

Effectively, if you have already downloaded the installer its just copy/paste the missing dll across to (usually) C:/programs/teamspeak/client/plugins

This worked for me but the more i understand the logic of binary the more i believe that its witchcraft that actually powers it and trhere is no logic at all.

Good luck
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"