Thread: Where to obtain IL2 1946

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Where to obtain IL2 1946

Hi, I want to start flying something from the IL2 series and think that perhaps 1946 would be a good place for me to start because I am not sure if my graphics card is good enough for the newer versions such as CloD & Stalingrad. (Graphics card is Nvidia GT740...btw)

Question: Where is the best place to obtain IL2 1946? ..........(I don't see it offered in the IL2 Sturmovik website)
    Last edited by Cpt Kraut; Feb-28-2017 at 22:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Where to obtain IL2 1946

Gog.com - DLC free and updated with TD patches.

https://www.gog.com/game/il_2_sturmovik_1946

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Gog.com - DLC free and updated with TD patches.

https://www.gog.com/game/il_2_sturmovik_1946

Sry for dumb questions but what is "DLC free" mean and what are "TD" patches? ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I type wrong, is not DLC, but DRM

If you bough for example in STEAM (don't know if still sell there) you are forced to run STEAM - that is the DRM - for run IL-2, like is need for CloD. (1)

If get DRM free can run the game without need to run other program or log authentication service, like IL-2 BoS or DCSW.

TD patches mean Team Daidalos patches - that are the official patches done after the original developer leave the game, the last is 4.13.

If you buy just the game without that patches, will be the version 4.10 and will need do several downloads/install to get updated.

(1) If you are used with STEAM - is a good thing, at least never "eat" my computer like people say around
    can buy Il-2 1946 though STEAM and leave STEAM do updates automatically, the price is same of GoG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15320/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    I type wrong, is not DLC, but DRM

If you bough for example in STEAM (don't know if still sell there) you are forced to run STEAM - that is the DRM - for run IL-2, like is need for CloD. (1)

If get DRM free can run the game without need to run other program or log authentication service, like IL-2 BoS or DCSW.

TD patches mean Team Daidalos patches - that are the official patches done after the original developer leave the game, the last is 4.13.

If you buy just the game without that patches, will be the version 4.10 and will need do several downloads/install to get updated.

(1) If you are used with STEAM - is a good thing, at least never "eat" my computer like people say around
    can buy Il-2 1946 though STEAM and leave STEAM do updates automatically, the price is same of GoG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15320/

Oh thanks! ......I prefer not to use Steam I think. Simply because I don't want to run an extra service ...and when I did use it years ago, I thought they were a pain in the ass. The link you provided sounds good enough to me.

However, I think it would be nice if ATAG or Team Fusion hosted their own link and service to these type of downloads because that way our dollars would go to them which I'm sure would help sustain their services to the community.