Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explaining the ATAG main server statistics: How air and land abandons works

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Explaining the ATAG main server statistics: How air and land abandons works

Occasionally, I absent mindedly spawn into an airport that does not have the type or model airplane I want to fly. Of course, I just escape, then select the correct airport for my needs.

Example: Expecting a Spitfire, I spawn into Hawkinge on a map offering only Blenheims at that airport. I quickly ESCAPE and choose Eastchurch to enter the Spitfire I wanted in the first place, and fly off to war...

How will the game and stats record this error?
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by 7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER View Post
    Ahh thanks for that I'll do that then with one exception. If I've ditched and I see a Brazilian wheeling around to murder me out of the cockpit I'm getting out.

Don't worry BR boys I'm not butt hurt it adds to the excitement!
    No problema ar ALL!

The only problem happens when someone disconnect BEFORE the plane despawns from server... You don't haver the kill assigned.

The vídeo of the "ace" was made just for fun. I really miss the Kill/Death rate as a major stat in ATAG. And this issue with disconnect need to be adressed by TFS. If a pilot disconnect, the plane needs to remain present in the server to avoid unfair loss of kill record, I think.

Salute!

PS: Great thread, Molders. Monkey hugs to you!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Re: Explaining and understanding the ATAG main server statistics

Quote Originally Posted by Stab I./JG 51 - Mölders View Post
    I
    The problem about the air kills not credited it's due other precise causes ( that I will not certainly reveal publicly to avoid possible " strange temptations ", let's call them in this way this time ) but one thing that is for sure is that it has nothing to do with the ALT+F2 usage!!!

Few words to the wise!!!
    Since IL2 Sturmovik people disconnect, the most basic way to avoid get killed... And it's simples to TFS solve this. It's annoying, sometimes the game crashs, and it's unfair with the enemy when your plane full of holes hits a house and your game crashes before the server records the kill and the other player get nothing... We need some work to keep planes a little bit in the server when a player disconnects for any reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I noticed a couple of times recently(my kills are rare ) people leaving the server and rejoining shortly after. its a bit like cheating at solitaire really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

PS why do i register two deaths if i man gunner position in a blenny ? should i alt f2 out of gunner position if I have time before my usual grissly end

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaXX View Post
    PS why do i register two deaths if i man gunner position in a blenny ? should i alt f2 out of gunner position if I have time before my usual grissly end
    Yep, if you don't the game will still consider that position to be occupied by you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12