Thread: CLOD suddendly turned into a slide show

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

CLOD suddendly turned into a slide show

Hi

In the map where we are all using temporary airfields (St Michaels etc) - I was merrily bombing around low in a G50 over Lymphe when everything started to run unevenly - basically as I flew over the smoking airfield. The headtracking was smooth but the landscape was stuttering. Well not stuttering a such - more slowing down and speeding up. The effect seemed to get worse with flak and remained for the rest of the flight until Illusion despatched me for being a pudding and trying to get him whilst he took off (serves me right).

I never had any of this with my ickle 750Ti

I5 6600K, EVGA GTX1060, 8GB RAM

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by BOO; Mar-19-2017 at 13:58.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Re: CLOD suddendly turned into a slide show

Boosterdog,

Apologies in advance as I cannot offer any solution to this, but a question - how long have you had the GTX 1060 card / when did you upgrade from 750 Ti? If you've had it for a while, is this a recent issue? I was just about to buy one as I had a mishap with the AMD RX 480 (didn't realize AMD wasn't the best with CLOD).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I would look to see if another program on your computer started up while you were playing CoD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Boosterdog,

Apologies in advance as I cannot offer any solution to this, but a question - how long have you had the GTX 1060 card / when did you upgrade from 750 Ti? If you've had it for a while, is this a recent issue? I was just about to buy one as I had a mishap with the AMD RX 480 (didn't realize AMD wasn't the best with CLOD).
    If there are issues with my 1060 id put it down to a rogue card rather than anything else. Its hard to say what it is since my whole system took a dump at Christmas requiring new RAM, new PSU new MB and the CPU tested - since then - never been right.

@Buzz - no other progams running
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

Hi Boo,

First step may be finding out it is CloD related or not.

What is Virtual Memory/Paging file size? Is it system managed?

Any sign of overheating (CPU/GPU)?

Any similar symptoms on different games?

Is it repetitive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

last week I gave IL2-Bos a try.After that I started Clod and had also a slideshow effect from the very first moment of that quick mission.I did a repair of directx as described in the problem master list.This fixed that slideshow effect in Clod but IL2-Bos crashed to desktop after that.Everytime if one was working the other did't.I did some searching and found that some people had similar problems what occurred after a Geforce-experience update.I uninstalled it and my problems were gone.Now I have downloaded and installed a recent version of Geforce-Experience and no problems with Bos or Clod.Just another overlay problem.I have a different card then you have but maybe the same problem.
    This versions Iam using now:
    Geforce Game Ready Driver version 378.78
    GeForce Experience version 3.4.0.70
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hey Stormrider

No GFE on my system - just the graphic, physix and HD audio drivers.

The mission initially run well but only started to hit problems halfway though - before that id been flying around in flak and through smoke with no issues.

This is the first time Ive even had problems with CloD.

In BOS there is this odd effect also where sometimes it becomes a slideshow until I reboot but I have to do some serious alt tabbing before it happens.

Just wish I could sort it - in the last 3 months ive replaced or had checked every component on my PC, reinstalled the games and windows 4 maybe 5 times.

Thinking back, the stutters did seem to go away for a few seconds after I alt-tabbed out and back in - restarting when the FFB kicked in - this is also reported in BOS to some degree.

Takes a lot away from even wanting to play when you're thinking "what will it be today"

Perhaps ill just go with the reboot/restart option every session.

Thanks

BOO

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Could be the particles effects that start the problem?
    Last week there was a map with lots of cloud and when flying near them my FPS drop dramatically (don't have FPS problems normally) and I got lots of stutters while my head tracking was working good.
    Was a strange effect.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Who knows

could be a windows thing, could be a hardware thing could just be "a thing"

never had it before though - that's what is bugging me