Thread: A Funny thing happened on the way to the FMB folder

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A Funny thing happened on the way to the FMB folder

I was following the tuition of the 92 Sqn dude Phil, and happily proceeded to create a little Mission for myself.
    When I renamed the Mission and then went to open it in the game it wasnt there where it should have been. On further checking I noticed the FMB directory it is pointing to is my C Drive however, my steam copy of the game is on my D Drive!. The mission didnt save to the D Drive. I have copied it to the D Drive so it does run.

How do I get the FMB to point directly to the correct drive. (D Drive).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: A Funny thing happened on the way to the FMB folder

No matter where you direct steam to put your main install of the game, I think Cliffs and the TF mod will put a folder in your OS drive (so if that drive is C but you installed cliffs on D: --> C:\Users\yourname\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\ ) that it uses for missions and configs etc. UNLESS you point steam to look for that folder in another drive, using a junction or something. However, it's best left there, for single installs anyway (not sure about multiple installs cause I don't really go there). I'm not sure if I answered your question, but worth a shot... other advice may vary

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

What Freya said. I do all my changes to mission files in mydocuments/1c...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Many thanks for replying guys. I figure what you're saying is that it is correct it puts in in the C: Drive, regardless of where the main game is installed. Ergo if I wish to play it I either copy it over to the main game folder and its there when I load up?.

Many thanks again