Thread: Labels in cockpits

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    615.25 MB

Smile Labels in cockpits

Hi to everyone.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask a question about the labels in cockpits if not my apologies. Anyway here goes... I would like to know if anyone of the many knowledgeable people on the forum could direct me or inform me of their removal. Many thanks in advance. I am finding them a bit of a nuisance at times when operating switches and components inside the aircraft. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am enjoying Clod very much and are getting to grips with the MK1 Spitfire having spent a lot of time on its stablemate the Hurricane and must say that I am getting a soft spot for the Spitfire. Sssshhh! Don't let my Hurricane "Betsy" know! lol

A big Thank You to all the guys that contribute to a Great forum and Great Combat Flight Sim.

Regards Spartacus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Labels in cockpits

Not sure about Labels?...I don't think I have them...Can you share a screenshot here so we know what you mean....or maybe someone else knows...

In single player mode?

Have you tried the ATAG server yet?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

If you are talking about the labels when you hover the mouse over the instruments, no, AFAIK they can't be turned off.
    What I normally do is move the mouse to an the upper corner so it doesn't pass over instruments while I'm not using it.

Another thing you can do, if you have multiple monitors, is set the mouse capture to 1 on the conf.ini (sorry, don't remember exactly the setting name but you can search for capture in the file) which will let you move the mouse to another monitor.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    615.25 MB

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

Sorry for not making myself clear but it is the labels Colander mentioned when the mouse pointer hovers over a switch or lever, instrument etc.
    As for flying on the ATAG server Lewis I have not had the pleasure as of yet although it is something that I look forward to. I just don't have the confidence yet.

Regards Spartacus

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

In the settings under Camera is something called "toggle Independent mode" - I think the default is F10.

IF - you can put your mouse to a side where you wont disturb it, hitting this will get rid of the cursor and labels without interfering with the headtracking - as soon as you move the mouse however you will affect your view temporarily. Hit it again and the mouse and clickability will return without affecting your headtracking

There are other "make the mouse disappear" scripts too I think

But I suspect your question is more related to the fact labels appear when you try to click on stuff in the cockpit - and as Colander has said I don't think you can turn the labels in cockpit completely off.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

6. Likes spartacus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Ah..ok...I understand...I think you explained it right the first time Spart...Just me not understanding I think...

Baffin found a utility that hides the mouse properly...This should work for you...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ighlight=mouse

If you watch other folks videos you can often see the mouse on the scree....Annoying....I always put the mouse to the extreme right which hides it apart form one line of the mouse which is hardly visible...but when I look around to the right the cockpit moves to the left and often will highlight those labels again by the mouse...so they flash up for a second as I scan around.....
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-25-2017 at 13:56.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

8. Likes spartacus liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    615.25 MB

Hi Lewis

I eventually settled for a key binding on the warthog throttle quadrant. It works pretty well with no annoying mouse pointer floating around.

As long as the mouse is stationary the view is uninterrupted also. It just takes a push of a button to hide and reveal the pointer now.

Thank you and everybody else for their help and advice too.

Regards to all. Spartacus.