Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would the Developers have chosen a different path if they had the source earlier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: Would the Developers have chosen a different path if they had the source earlier?

I get where you are coming from Baffin but the original IL2 covered huge realms (officially) across the globe and many eras. It did okay a d was still having features and patches added.

We are fixing features in the current theatre as well creating the new theatre so it isn't going to be abandoned. I mentioned previously that aircraft from the new theatre will fit into the current map perfectly so it is in our interest to keep the current map up to date and improving. If you check the bug tracker you can see things are improving and will continue to.

Apart from the map itself the aircraft, atmospherics, effects, audio, etc, etc, will span both theatres. Work will continue on both and if v5.00 is a success....V6.00 will be a revelation!

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes DerDa, farley, Hurricane, SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Would the Developers have chosen a different path if they had the source earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    I get where you are coming from Baffin but the original IL2 covered huge realms (officially) across the globe and many eras. It did okay a d was still having features and patches added.

We are fixing features in the current theatre as well creating the new theatre so it isn't going to be abandoned. I mentioned previously that aircraft from the new theatre will fit into the current map perfectly so it is in our interest to keep the current map up to date and improving. If you check the bug tracker you can see things are improving and will continue to.

Apart from the map itself the aircraft, atmospherics, effects, audio, etc, etc, will span both theatres. Work will continue on both and if v5.00 is a success....V6.00 will be a revelation!

Cheers, MP
    Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to emphasize that the simulator fan base stems from the BoB...
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-07-2017 at 09:17.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

4. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Cheers, MP
    I truly love this last sentence ...

6. Likes Hurricane, ATAG_Vampire, SD_MBen liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

New theaters are the life blood of a combat flight sim series. They add interest in the series, and much needed cash for the developer to actually continue support. New theaters have never meant that the original theater was left to die. Most if not all new features etc. added to the game code automatically apply to all maps.

8. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    New theaters are the life blood of a combat flight sim series. They add interest in the series, and much needed cash for the developer to actually continue support. New theaters have never meant that the original theater was left to die. Most if not all new features etc. added to the game code automatically apply to all maps.
    I think the new theater is a good idea, if only to generate more interest. If TFS concentrates on just bug fixes people will say ho-hum, and it would be hard to generate any revenue for that, but if they can get in a new theater many people would be willing to pay for that.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

10. Likes Pans, Hurricane liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.03 MB

For me a new theatre will be good news with new landscapes of a different variety - more eye candy and the new aircraft to go with it. It gets my vote !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

What a bunch of negative malarky, who would complain of MORE content! I can think of why some might, though...

Let me reiterate:

-"The Mediterranean Air War" has an immense array of possibilities and expansions
    -has a huge variation of terrains
    -contains the largest number of air forces each with unique and varied aircraft including Italian, American, British and Commonwealth, German, all routinely encountering each other
    -all kinds of naval warfare including battleships, carriers, submarines, naval invasions, port defense to name a few -it spans nearly the breadth of the entire war
    -has Malta and the Fallshirmjager attack on Crete (the first en masse airborne assault, ever)
    -Rommel and the tenuous, back and forth Desert Campaign which combined with Sicily and Italy was the major western power land front against Germany... until 1944!

And so much more, it is ridiculous really. The Desert war is a DIRECT CONTINUATION of the battle of britain! It was The Front Page for Britain and especially The Commonwealth for years!

I mean GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!
    Last edited by aus; Apr-10-2017 at 23:42.
    AKA Venturi
    AKA Pzkfw

13. Likes Hurricane, ATAG_Septic, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

There's nothing negative about preferring Quality over Quantity. Some of us would simply like to see the problems in the existing game corrected before adding more game elements and content with the existing problems still unsolved. There's no need to get all aggressive about it...

I thought Mysticpuma handled the suggestion well... TFS seems to think we can have it both ways and that's good enough for me.
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-11-2017 at 14:39.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12