Thread: Any room for a cheeky Aussie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Any room for a cheeky Aussie?

Hi all!!
    A recent poor experience has made me want to seek out a pure flight sim experience! I was trying out war thunder and found the infamous 'stick wobble' issue infuriating as I could not land a single shot! Being an old IL2 1946 vet though I remembered the stirling work TF did with CloD and have decided to give it a proper shot! Looking forward to getting to know you all! I'll have a browse of all the beginner guides to get my rig up to scratch and hopefully I'll see you in the skies!
    Cheers,
    Charles
    Last edited by CharlesLV; Mar-27-2017 at 23:13.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Any room for a cheeky Aussie?

Welcome CharlesLV... is that for 55?

I think you will be glad you took the plunge to CloD. And our patches became live on steam yesterday so once you get the game installed, follow the directions here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=24728

You'll be up and running in no time. Hop on TS and join in the server and get ready to become addicted. You are coming into CloD at an exciting time.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

keep an eye out for ezzie...there are quite a few aussies...youll fit right in
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cheers fellas!!
    @Spiritus_Mortem: Thanks for the heads up! The sim always looked gorgeous, I don't know why its taken me this long to join! Yes LV is for 55, some pals and I used to fly '109s under the banner 'JG55' in IL21946. Hopefully I'll bump into you on TS!

@Saipan: Good to see the Aussie contingent's well and good! I take you for a Zerstörer pilot? Who could say no to multiple 20mm cannons?
    See you in the air!

~Charles

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello Charles welcome to the ATAG forum and the CloD community.

It is good to see you cobber and you are joining an ever growing group of Aussie and Kiwi pilots here.

As you say have a good look at all the guides and threads for help and look out for the welcome post from my mate ATAG_Lewis. If you can jump onto TS and ask on there if you have any issues, somebody will always point you in the right direction.

This is a good time to find Cliffs as SM has said and as this sim is the best be prepared for some serious fun.

Hope to see you online soon.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Gday Charles,

Good to see another aussie onboard. Look fwd to seeing you online sometime soon. Sorry if you know this already but best times for us if looking for a busy server are 0600-1200 most days (syd time) and then from 0600 to 1500 ish on the weekends. Sunday nights after dinner time are good as well. The rest of the week is very quiet but good if you want to get into the swing of things online.

Lots of fun and as Vampire et al have said this is an excellent time to arrive at COD. Good luck

Ezzie

7. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Welcome from across 'the ditch'! Nice to see that the ANZAC contingent is growing larger...

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Welcome m8,
    Hope to see u online soon. Don't be shy and get on TeamSpeak.
    Cheers,
    Torian
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@ATAG_Vampire: Just installed for the first time and the sim is indeed glorious. See you on TS mate!
    @III./ZG76_Ezzie: Thanks for the heads up! I'll try and stick around the times that you mentioned.
    @ATAG_Torian: Cheers Torian! See you online soon!
    ~Charles

12. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

NO!

Sorry, that was a bit cheeky of me wasn't it Charles?

Of course there is room, lots of room.

Welcome.

Well..... we don't really like Aussie's here, but what the heck......

Oh my, that was cheeky too.....

But seriously, welcome to ATAG sir. You are gonna love it here.

Sorry that the time difference might not be ideal, but it's on TF's to do list, so I'm sure that will be sorted out for you at some point

Edit: haven't come across one of these while out for a stroll have you? I've never seen a picture of one before today.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...land-australia

Would make a great name and nose art for your plane, don't you think?
    Last edited by farley; Mar-28-2017 at 09:15.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

14. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

That island from down there is trying to take over the place i say!

Welcome aboard and have fun!

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Hello mate welcome to the forum and CLOD , get teamspeak sorted asap as thats where you can ask questions and get answers straight away

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

NO...NO.....NO ROOM FOR ANY MORE CHEEKY AUSSIES!!!....we got enough here already...thank you!!!

Hehe...Of course we got room.......Always got room for aussies...We love you chaps...You're just like us...only browner...and with funny accents!...So jump in with us Charley, we got loads of room for more cheeky humour...We can't be too serious when you chaps beat us at every game we invent can we!

Anyway...We got more aussies joining here all the time...so the numbers on the server your time is increasing...Look out for our ATAG_Pattle..He's our newest ATAG member from Ozz....and he hasn't actually been flying that long...He's a menace in a Spit or Hurri!!

Also we get a lot of folks come from War Thunder here....and they make real good players/pilots in CLOD...They learn this sim very quickly...War thunder is actually a very good starting base for players here...and we know War thunder is highly competitive too....and players bring that here...Its very good for us

Don't forget about my 'Easy Allied CEM for New Players' below....As a new player one of the hardest things to get the hand og is the CEM (Complex Engine Management)...and you don't need it...A lot of folks think they need to have it mastered for competitive dogfighting in CLOD...You simply don't....With the setup I give you here you can set it up once your wheels are up and forget about it until you land...That way you can concentrate on the interesting parts of combat like SA (situation Awareness) and tactics and gunnery...The setup here is conservative but highly competitive..and I know this because I use it today...Once you have become comfortable as a dogfighter then you can look at tweaking that extra 5 - 10% out of your aircraft...But at the beginning of your time here the last thing you need to be doing in a knife fight is checking your dash for temps and then trying to adjust them while the other guy is fighting you...

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Welcome to your new obsession Charley....~S~

...Lew...

Welcome to the Community and Forums CharlesLV ...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve too...

Beginners Guide

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums you might want to bag for future reference...

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact spotting is massively important in any flight sim...Seeing that enemy before he sees you is a race you don't want to be second in...Check this link to see if you can tweak your rig any better...

Contact Spotting Test

Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

A must read for all CLOD enthusiasts is the recent news that has the whole community buzzing very heavily...

TeamFusion News

And finally...Please take the time to have a read of some of the stories of military family adventures by a few of the members of this forum...and maybe share yours with us...~S~

A Tribute to Those Who Served

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

===================================

Any UK members please let us know where abouts in the UK you are...Just for reference...Its always good to know just incase there happen to be folks who can help you or you can help locally...buy a joystick from or even just a chat in a pub with someone who is likeminded...

UK Based Player Location thread

Thanks...~S~
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-28-2017 at 11:30.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

18. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

@Farley...and other folks...If you ever want to make a large type face at the beginning of your post and don't want to cut off the top of the letters....then add a letter on the line above it and make it invisible with the colour chart by colouring it white (like on this post)...That way the script reads the letter and puts it in your post but no one can see it and it makes the next line down start from the correct place....just saying...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-28-2017 at 11:32.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

20. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    @Farley...and other folks...If you ever want to make a large type face at the beginning of your post and don't want to cut off the top of the letters....then add a letter on the line above it and make it invisible with the colour chart by colouring it white (like on this post)...That way the script reads the letter and puts it in your post but no one can see it and it makes the next line down start from the correct place....just saying...

Thanks Lew. Good to know. I tried moving it down by hitting the Enter key, but that didn't work so I just left it. so now I know what to do for the next time.
    always learning here, which is a good thing.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Glad to help...It was something that happened often to me so tried to find a workaround...and that one seems to do the trick...

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    always learning here,
    I learn something new from nearly every thread I read....from new or long timers on these forums...

23. Likes farley, CharlesLV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I think we still have some room out the back.... by the bins.

I can check if you like?

Welcome to the festival!

Seen you up there!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

25. Likes ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Welcome mate.

As you can see, there are plenty of us blokes getting stuck in here. Pretty even across red and blue too which is cool. Ezzie is great to wing up with as he prowls about in his 110.

As Lew mentioned, I fly mostly Hurri's and Spits whilst trying to learn the art of 109ing - a totally different mindset of how to fight, which I enjoy.

The sim is brilliant, and our community even better.

You will enjoy our no dickhead policy too. Makes the experiance so much better

See you up there.

Pattle

27. Likes CharlesLV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Charles.

Welcome to Cliffs of Dover and the ATAG community buddy.

As you can see by now there is a thriving Aussie contingent here already, and your countrymen are Damn good pilots to a man, just as they were in the real battle.

I have had the pleasure of flying with ATAG Pattle many times, and as Lewis said he is a menace in not only the Spit and Hurri, but the 109 too when he flies blue.

Good to have you aboard, and, time difference allowing, I hope to see you in the virtual skies soon

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What a roaring good welcome!!

@kiwiflieger: Cheers mate! Yes we're growing stronger each day!
    @farley: You cheeky devil! Nope, no sign of any Tassie tigers! Great idea for a noseart though!
    @lolsav: Yes, we're trying to do the same to NZ as well
    @meyer: Horrido! See you in the air!
    @Lewis: Cheers for the welcome! Glad you'll put up with one more!! Thanks so much for your guides, I was sitting in a practice server last night for a half hour figuring out how to get my Spit off the ground! Then as soon as I did, boom; perforated radiator! Haha! See you in TS mate! o7
    @highseas: That's fine so long as I get a few scraps every now and then! Haha cheers!
    @Pattle: What a shame since I'm the biggest dickhead of them all! Yes I am most interested in flying Spits and Hurris! Curious to hear your thoughts on loadouts etc. I trief running an incendiary-tracer/AP/AP/incendiary/incendiary gun loadout but I still feel like I'm tickling the enemy to death! Cheers and I'll see you in the air
    @Laser: Thanks so much!! Looking forward to many good dogfights and furballs!

I have a small gift for all you fellows! I recently went to the Avalon airshow and shot a Spitfire Mk.Viii, P40, Gloster meteor, CAC Boomerand and Wirraway on the taxi roll, taking off and dogfighting! All on Super 8 film so it looks like old newsreel footage! I have skipped forward to the WW2 action for you but the rest of the roll is pretty good too! Enjoy some good old fashioned plane porn! https://youtu.be/89XnwsfwztA?t=62

Cheers,
    ~Charles
    Last edited by CharlesLV; Mar-28-2017 at 22:06. Reason: hotlinked video

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

That footage reminds me of all my family movies. dad had a similar camera to a Super 8 since the late 50s.

We have my brothers, now in their late 50's from tiny tackers and my other brother and myself on day one in 71.

As wall paper was the thang in the 70's 80's at my house, the only way we could watch them (after they had come back from Melbourne to be developed - with only luck that they would come back watchable..) we used the only straight white wall - the fridge door!

Thanks for bring back some great memories

Re load outs, mine is simple. Spook, another great Aussie posts his load out from time to time.

I don't have a degree in linguistics and math to understand it, but it works for him I know you will read this Spook

Pattle.

31. Likes CharlesLV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Some great footage there Charley...Thanks for sharing...~S~

Get stuck into the server buddy...join TS...and don't forget about the easy CEM setup...its good for no blown rads...

33. Likes CharlesLV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Glad you fellas liked it! It was worth the sun burn! (Lew do you have sun in Sheffield? )
    @Pattle: Yes the elusive white wall... I am lucky since my developer just digitizes it all for me off the bat. Ahh technology!

~S
    Charley

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLV View Post
    Glad you fellas liked it! It was worth the sun burn! (Lew do you have sun in Sheffield? )
    @Pattle: Yes the elusive white wall... I am lucky since my developer just digitizes it all for me off the bat. Ahh technology!
    Hi Charles...great to fly and meet with you on TS this morning. I can see you're going to fit in here perfectly! You're already one of us! Thanks for sharing the vid, too. I love that old Battle of Britain music, too. Won't surprise you to know that Pat actually has that blaring away in the cockpit whenever he flies blue! Must admit...it doesn't seem to do him any harm! Catch you in the skies again soon! Salute!

36. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cheers Marlow!
    Good sortie last night, thanks again to you and Pattle for the introduction to CloD's skies! Had a blast!
    I'm not surprised at all actually haha! He probably times his dives to the oomp-pah-oom-pah
    ~S

~S
    Charley

38. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLV View Post
    (Lew do you have sun in Sheffield?
    er.....No!

40. Likes CharlesLV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Here's part of the action Charles described.

http://plays.tv/video/58ddb8a8c67d04...eslv?from=user

Pattle

42. Likes CharlesLV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good stuff Pattle!! I don't know why but when I engaged the 2nd '109 I couldn't hear your guidance and didn't realize he climbed!! Funny how seeing it from your perspective it looks so different!
    Great flying with you mate

~S
    Charley

44. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post