Thread: Anyone help me find a blank Blenheim template?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Anyone help me find a blank Blenheim template?

Need one I can work with gimp. Have tried a couple of others I have found but Gimp is unable, (read I am unable) to distinguish the seperate layers with other roundels etc.

Just need a simple one.

Any assistance appreciated.. Blank camo Blenny.

Cheers.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Anyone help me find a blank Blenheim template?

YUP!

Keefyboy did one - think I have it

PM me and ill put it on a link mate
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

All here -second or third post down (Check my Six)

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=16274.0

They are psd files but if you open gimp up first then ask it to open them, it will convert to xcf when the file is resaved.

Win 10 no longer seems to wish to give you the option of using gimp directly from the "open with" menu on psd files.. It wants you to go to store instead - how very "yoof". How very controllingly annoying!.

Tester with Gimp 2.8 and its all good - all the separate layers are.......er.......... separate
    Last edited by BOO; Apr-01-2017 at 11:17.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Thanks Boo, your a champion. Just what I need

5. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Well it was an interesting link and for a time, I was ready to marry you off to my sister. However.....

It would appear for some strange reason that Checkmysix's template are not entirely compatible with Clod 4.3. The skins almost look the same and they appear you the pilot in external mode in game. Trouble is, noone else can see them on a skin allowed server. Have spent two days trying to find a cause but no success. Saving multiple skins (Spitfire/Hurris) in Jpeg and Jpg format in both gimp and photoshop. Bizarre, the layered templates are excellent. All are 2048 x 2048 and appear to share the same file attibutes as others that work. For some reason however, they cant be seen by others either from the cockpit or in their own external views flicking through other aircraft.

At a loss lol Appreciate the effort tho Boo. Looks like I will have to create my own, the hard way.

Cheers.

Edit: Interesting. Checkmysix appears to be Keefyboy? Several appear to have used his skins to some success. Wonder if this is Offline play only? I cant see why they dont work online to be visible to others (3 seperate pilots have tried). At 1st I suspected the Checkmysix skins were from an earlier version of Clod. The forum posts however here dont seem to lend to that theory.

Is any pilot using Keefys skins on a skin allowed server and can confirm they are visible to other players?
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Apr-09-2017 at 20:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

There are issues with the use of skins for online play. Unfortunately.
    Cheers, Setback
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Thanks Setback. TWC servers have skins authorised tho.

TWC_Mackers gets credit for the fix! On day 5 of brainstorming and pulling the remaining eyebrows from my head with pliers, Mackers suggests its file size based on the amount of time the skins can take to load in. Some took 26 minutes, others 35 and one still MIA after 3 hours. Sure enough, the jpeg files created from Gimps .xcf were 2.6 Meg and above. This resulted from exporting to Jpegs at 100%. Once I changed the export size to 30%, the size of the file with the exportation process reduced from 100% down to 30%. the files came in at 200kb and presto, they loaded in visible to everyone!

They werent as shiny but they were still presentable with all the features intended.

So theres the solution. Now I can go to bed adn the next wanton skinner can keep his/her eyebrows.

9. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I thought you knew that? I'm sure I shoved something as much in the TWC forum. Under 500KB was generally ok.

Taking out the panel lines and internal detail also helps I think. Clod puts em in anyhow.