Thread: Re-installed, HOTAS assignments impossible to fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re-installed, HOTAS assignments impossible to fix.

Hello, been a long time, and decided to reinstall the sim again, as I had a new machine built some time ago, and did not reinstall after that.

Am very excited about the now official status of Team Fusion, and looking forward to the Med, so wanted to get back into Cliffs of Dover.

Well, it's not going well, at all.

Did the install patch dance properly, game starts and runs fine, but my old controls conf. file is now worthless as the new computer has assigned my CH gear to different locations on the USB.
    OK, so I tried to re-assign all my HOTAS controls manually in game. It just keeps wanting to put the same two axis for everything, no matter what I do.

The controllers all work fine in IL2/46, and Battle of Stalingrad, and for ArmA III, so I'm really lost, and now several hours into trying to fix it, I am throwing up my hands in surrender.

If anyone has any sound ideas I'd love to hear them, otherwise it's just walk away from CloD again. New controllers are not an option as finances for fun extras in life are a lot more restrictive than they were 5 years ago.

Not being able to fly these great FMs again makes me sad.
    "To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature" - T.E. Lawrence

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.70 MB

Re: Re-installed, HOTAS assignments impossible to fix.

Did you try the tips in this thread?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=23245

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, after digesting that wall of text it became apparent that it is not what my problem seems to be.

I cannot assign my controllers in the first place.

*SIGH*
    "To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature" - T.E. Lawrence

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.70 MB

Looks like your USB configuration is messed up. Do you use Windows 10 by any chance? I had a similar problem recently, which I solved with USBDeview, see this link: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Connect your USB devices to the ports where you normally would connect them. Start USBDeview and you should see a list of all present USB devices and devices that were connected during previous uses. One of the tables is headed "Connected". Hi-light all devices that are listed as not-connected and which are safe to unplug (one of the other columns). Click File / Uninstall selected devices. This solved my USB problems.

It's probably a good idea to first make a backup of your USB configuration via Regedit: you can do that via USBDeview (File / Open in Regedit. In Regedit, right click on USB (the entry that is hi-lighted after this command). Right click, and choose Export to save the USB configuration on your hard drive). If required, you can later import the old USB settings via a double-click on the reg-file.

Let me know if this helps.

Bart
    Last edited by Bart_NL; Apr-01-2017 at 13:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzPig_EL View Post
    It just keeps wanting to put the same two axis for everything, no matter what I do.
    This suggest that one of your controllers (joy or throttle or pedal) axes is "spiking", so when you select some axes assignment, the window "Press a Key" registered the "spiking" axis before you move the desired axis.

CloD GUI is sensible to "spikes", making trick the assignment in this cases, I manage to do for very bad Saitek Cyborg stick (used as "casual" stick).

7. Likes PhoenixCNE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    This suggest that one of your controllers (joy or throttle or pedal) axes is "spiking", so when you select some axes assignment, the window "Press a Key" registered the "spiking" axis before you move the desired axis.

CloD GUI is sensible to "spikes", making trick the assignment in this cases, I manage to do for very bad Saitek Cyborg stick (used as "casual" stick).
    Very likely this is your problem. My X52 throttle is especially troublesome and I'll often have to work the throttle back and forth vigorously to clean the pot a bit before trying to assign anything. Otherwise it gives an input before I can assign anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, I have somehow sorted it out.

I do have issues with the toe brakes and have disabled them, using the single brake button.

Made my first flight in years offline just to get the feel for things and sort more controls again.

Greased my first landing as well...

Thanks gents.

Oh, I tried to get some screen shots, but they didn't end up in either of the screenshot folders. Any ideas on that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzPig_EL View Post
    Oh, I tried to get some screen shots, but they didn't end up in either of the screenshot folders. Any ideas on that?
    Need remap "Take screenshoot" for any key other than PrintScreen - the default key - this key cause micro pauses and don't save the pictures.

With other key will save the pictures in Documents\1c SoftClub... dover - MOD\screenshots

Or use STEAM default screenshot key, F12.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-01-2017 at 16:10.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

If you are flying RAF, you will not have toe brakes. British aircraft used the brake lever on the stick for braking.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Yeah the print screen default causes slight pauses. But for me they do save them however they end up in the oddest of folders deep in the abyss of your C:/Program Files x86/Steam/Steam apps.......

Glad to hear you sorted things out controller wise, welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Yeah the print screen default causes slight pauses. But for me they do save them however they end up in the oddest of folders deep in the abyss of your C:/Program Files x86/Steam/Steam apps...
    This suggest that you are using PrintScreen for STEAM screenshot, because screenshot take by CloD engine is not saved inside SteamApps... but in Documents\1c SoftClub...
    Or, you are taking a penalty - the micro-pauses - without benefit, since if instead PrintScreen use F-12 for STEAM or remap for CLoD, this key don't cause this.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-02-2017 at 11:00.

14. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post