Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ReShade & IL-2 CoD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: ReShade & IL-2 CoD

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    When ReShade asks you for a preset name in the overlay just type in whatever you want your profile to be called. The profile of the same name will then be created.

You guys make this seem like rocket science when this is really just following a few steps
    Steps?

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...67e3d5751baeac

No...

round these parts...

We tango

https://images.app.goo.gl/GZkHjopoLzX8ZWXQ6
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-09-2019 at 18:15.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I now have reshade "working". However, it is version 4.2.1, rather than 3.1.2. I had tried 4.2.1 in the recent past, but got rid of it. Strangely, it isn't even listed when I just did a search for it. I'm thinking I should delete all and any references to reshade, and start over again with 3.1.2.

The grey bar is at the top of the screen. Because, after reading and reading and re-reading the help in this forum, I read the the dxgi.ini file should be in the core folder. Didn't know that before.

Shift F2 does not work. I have tried assigning it in both the first and second External View positions. F2 does work. I would like to see a screenshot of where Shift F2 is in some one elses Controls.

I, again, have the warning that a overlay is not recognized. But, as I understand it, that is to be ignored.

In multiplayer, Clod crashes when I try to pick which plane I want to fly.

TWC_SLAG
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Czech6 View Post
    Slag:

Noofy:

Shouldn't have to re-boot the computer. If you get a problem and think something was set wrong you can restart the installation and it will overwrite the current install, and you can go through these steps again. You didn't cut and past the launcher to the core folder did you? It needs to be copy and paste so the original launcher is still in the root folder.

I followed all steps meticulously.
    After the first reboot mentioned in my earlier post, all working fine now.
    Thx

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Slag:

If you made a copy of the Launcher and put it in the Core folder, the install would have put all the necessary files and folders in that folder and you don't have to move anything. If instead of doing that you pointed the install at the Launcher in the root directory, the you have to move files and reshade-shader folder as pointed out by earlier posts.

You don't assign Shift+F2 in the sim's controls menu. By default Shift+F2 is already assigned and you need to delete it:

Screenshot (30).jpg

Once you've done that you can leave Shift+F2 as the default activation key for Reshade or change it like I did to Shift+F9 in the Reshade Settings menu:

Screenshot (31).jpg

Can't help you with Multi-Player as I don't play that at this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I was able to get rid of version 4.2.1, and d/l version 3.1.2. Now, all is right in the Reshade world. However, not being able to pick what I want to fly on CloD is still a problem.

TWC_SLAG
    Last edited by TWC_SLAG; Apr-12-2019 at 15:44.
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Czech6 View Post
    Slag:

If you made a copy of the Launcher and put it in the Core folder, the install would have put all the necessary files and folders in that folder and you don't have to move anything. If instead of doing that you pointed the install at the Launcher in the root directory, the you have to move files and reshade-shader folder as pointed out by earlier posts.

You don't assign Shift+F2 in the sim's controls menu. By default Shift+F2 is already assigned and you need to delete it:

Screenshot (30).jpg

Once you've done that you can leave Shift+F2 as the default activation key for Reshade or change it like I did to Shift+F9 in the Reshade Settings menu:

Screenshot (31).jpg

Can't help you with Multi-Player as I don't play that at this time.
    Got things running. Thanks for your help.

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.24 GB

Has anyone managed to get the latest version of Reshade (4.3.0) working in CLOD? I have it working perfectly in IL2 BAT, IL2 BoS/BoM/BdP, but despite apparently 'successfully' loading into CLOD nothing shows up. Any suggestions?

Mike

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    876.32 MB

This looks very good but it would help to have a "before" and "after" photo or video.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    173.90 MB

I need 1 post

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

IMHO the most useless program ever created. With nowadays monitors and TV settings available you can get even better colour and light effects, sharpness, contrast, etc without the need of this program at all.
    A PITA to let it work with CloD ( and not so easy to be removed if needed because you have to do it manually, file by file ).
    This program was probably needed during the Jurassic but nowadays, except if it's not strictly necessary, don't use it.
    At least this is my warm advice.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

11. Likes Little Bill, Fred Karno liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

If TFS has any sense they will follow Bos's lead and provide an option for servers to restrict injectors.

That there has been such a fuss over reshade's use on BOS recently following the migoto VR overzoom restriction that it would indicate that many graphic tinkerers knew how to expolit it and possibly used it routinely. They just kept quiet until someone took their more useful (and unintended) VR exploit away. Imagine the advantage that a two ship (one with VR and the other a 2D) had in MP when they can both spot and fully ID an enemy on the cusp of the render bubble.

Of course now pandoras box has been opened there are many other accusations flying about over the use of stuff like tacview (something i struggle to even set up normal let alone exploit) but the reshade one is certainly the most accessable.

I like to think that Clodders are a fairer bunch but it only takes one.

Its a shame because reshade can still offer something to a lot of people who will never ever think of misusing it but its either all or nothing in terms of what effects could be ruled out i think.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

13. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

..and that's why I sincery hate cheaters...What's the sense of playing a game if then you have to use cheats to achieve something from it? Do you really need them to feel yourself the king of the hill? Mistery of the faith for me...

* IMHO the ones who uses cheats in a game have clearly some " lack " in the part of their body located below the belt...
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

15. Likes Dazza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    If TFS has any sense they will follow Bos's lead and provide an option for servers to restrict injectors.

That there has been such a fuss over reshade's use on BOS recently following the migoto VR overzoom restriction that it would indicate that many graphic tinkerers knew how to expolit it and possibly used it routinely. They just kept quiet until someone took their more useful (and unintended) VR exploit away. Imagine the advantage that a two ship (one with VR and the other a 2D) had in MP when they can both spot and fully ID an enemy on the cusp of the render bubble.
    I would be surprised if anyone used ReShade as an exploit on CloD. Spotting is already so much easier than in BoX, which is my personal main gripe with the latter. I can see aircraft reliably out to 12km distance (ReShade on or off) whereas in BoX I often lose contacts at medium ranges and even have trouble to keep eye contact with my wingmen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I would be surprised if anyone used ReShade as an exploit on CloD. Spotting is already so much easier than in BoX, which is my personal main gripe with the latter. I can see aircraft reliably out to 12km distance (ReShade on or off) whereas in BoX I often lose contacts at medium ranges and even have trouble to keep eye contact with my wingmen.
    Perhaps but then again you're hardly in need of any additonal aids are you?
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

18. Likes Karaya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I don'think reshade is an issue, I found it clashed with TS nottifier and crashed game. you could as i remember tweak view so that target pixels would be surrounded by a white shell, but visuals were so degraded that only a very few people would bother. The biggest issue for me is the difference between spotting in 1080p and the higher HD and UHD resolutions.

I know that I can spot better at lower res but why should I need to play a game at low res on a pc with with an rtx 2080 and i9 900 chip in 2020? this will be one of the matrixes against which i will judge 5.0
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaXX View Post
    but visuals were so degraded that only a very few people would bother.
    Im trying to be cautious abut that i say here but any filter can be switched on and off on the fly independently of another. As such you only see the effect when you need it. I think you,re also missing the point of just how far some would go to gain any advantage. Putting up with degraded imagery and deliberate cheating i would suspect are bedfellows.

The whole issue with reshade is that many of the effects have perameters that go way beyond what anyone would resonably want and you have to question why. As far as i can see its a bunch of exploits hiding behind a fluffy little prettiness program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    As far as i can see its a bunch of exploits hiding behind a fluffy little prettiness program.
    Currently within our somewhat 'limited' Cliffs community I'd be very surprised if there were any deliberate cheating going on. There are those few who choose to ALT out of stricken aircraft, or temporarily leave the server to avoid 'death' stats, but that's more a case of petty behaviour - eye rolling at worst. Honestly ploughing into the ground on fire and full of holes only builds character. A forced landing is a thrill ride. Or perhaps take a parachute for a more tranquil experience.

Anyway with 5.0 opening things up to a wider audience we may well see more 'gamers' than the more current (as I see it) 'warbird / historical enthusiasts' joining in. Sadly if unfair exploits happen elsewhere then they'll happen here too given the opportunity.

I've no idea how any of this works and hate being a 'poo-poo-er', but agree there's validity in what's been pointed out.
    Honestly I feel like a dick just suggesting cheating, and why anyone would actually do such things is beyond me.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jun-28-2020 at 14:07.

Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

There's all manner of mud slinging going on over on BOX at the moment. Everything from Reshade, aim bots, speed hacks and radar hacks, and to top it all, they've screwed with the visibility again with this deferred shading and it's a complete mess now. Only VR users are happy because they can finally see beyond the end of their noses.

If only the Cliffs servers were as full..

I'm pulling my hair out about spotting in BOX too. A little plug for you guys...

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...comment=964644

Prey

My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz - used
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB - used
    8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 ram - new
    Samsung 250gb 850 EVO ssd - new
    EVGA 500 B power supply - new
    Thrustmaster T16000m stick - new
    EDTracker - used / DELAN CLIP PS3 CAMERA - new
    CH Gameport Pro Pedals - used

23. Likes Karaya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by PreyStalker View Post
    . Only VR users are happy

could have fooled me

25. Likes Marcost liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    118.80 MB

Just an information about Reshade+Tobruk.
    ReShade 4.8.2 crashes game (for me).
    ReShade 4.3.0 is OK.
    When I started first time game with Reshade 4.3.0, I had no effects to activate in setting window. I've checked the path to shaders folder, was OK.
    Second time was all right.

[edit] Unfortunately, ReShade 4.3.0 with some servers (TF #3) crashes again.
    But ReShade 3.1.2 works, also online (thanks Karaya).
    Last edited by dziki; Dec-24-2020 at 06:57.
    My PC spec.: i5 6400 @ 2.7 GHz, GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB RAM, Dell 2007FP (20.1") 4:3, Sidewinder 2 FF joystick, Win 10

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

I downloaded reshade 4.9.1 yesterday, and installed it in bob2 and clodblitz.

It worked in bob2 but not in clod blitz. It contained some great shaders, one of which was 'PandaFx.fx' which I found useful in bob2 for adjusting brightness, contrast and hue without causing cloud over exposure.

I currently have rehade3 working in clodblitz and decided to dump Reshade4's 'Panda.fx' file into the reshade3 'reshade-shaders/shaders' folder in the clodblitz 'parts/core' folder and it worked. I'm not sure if PandaFx.fx is in reshade4.3.0 because I could not get that version to work on my system. Here is a short video on how it works in reshade3 in conjuction with the colorfulness.fx shader.

Unfortunately some other reshade4 fx files that I tried to dump into reshade3 didn't work, but I'm glad this one did.

Link to PandaFx.fx :https://www.mediafire.com/file/92wwp...andaFX.fx/file

Last edited by rince77; Feb-04-2021 at 11:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

You need ReShade version 3.1.2, that one works with CloD flawlessly. More recent versions crash the game on the loadout screen or during the mission.
    Unfortunately there is no fix for this other than reverting back to said version.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Hi Karaya! I am already using version3.1.2, I added Panda.fx from version 4.9.1 to version 3.1.2 and it worked quite well. I will add a link to panda.fx in the first post for anyone that wants to try it.

It's a pity that version 4.9.1 doesn't work.
    Last edited by rince77; Feb-04-2021 at 12:01.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Hmmm! I thought my version was 3.1.2 , but I just checked the video and its version 3.0.7.

Edit: downloaded the version3.1.2 setup file from an earlier post on this thread but its not working, just hanging during the install.
    Last edited by rince77; Feb-04-2021 at 13:28.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Repository here with all versions: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar...ade_Repository

32. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rince77 View Post
    I currently have rehade3 working in clodblitz and decided to dump Reshade4's 'Panda.fx' file into the reshade3 'reshade-shaders/shaders' folder in the clodblitz 'parts/core' folder and it worked. I'm not sure if PandaFx.fx is in reshade4.3.0 because I could not get that version to work on my system. Here is a short video on how it works in reshade3 in conjuction with the colorfulness.fx shader.
    What is this panda shader btw? Never heard of it and the name doesnt really give any hint as to its use either.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Many thanks danperin for the link.

Karaya, if you watch the video you will see that it's a brightness and contrast shader.You can also change the hue by setting the contrast for each colour. If you use hdr or bloom to set brightness you usually get over exposure on the clouds which does not happen with Pandafx.
    I've always missed the option to adjust gamma,brightness and contrast in the game video menu.
    Thanks guys for the assistance.

35. Likes danperin liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234