Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ReShade & IL-2 CoD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Re: ReShade & IL-2 CoD

Why do I never stick to the old adage "If it ain't broke" etc.

Installed the latest version of Reshade (3.4.0) after first deleting all the relevant files from 'Blitz'.

Jumped on Dangerdogs and selected the Shaders I wanted (Only 4) and all appeared fine.

Jumped on this evening and joined a server but a few seconds after I try to select a plane from the selection screen I get a launcher crash. Tried this on several servers (Inc Dangerdogs) and the same issue.

However, If I just select an airfield and create without trying to change the aircraft I can spawn in and fly around no problems. So it is definitely something to do with the aircraft selection screen.

Just been in and tried removing different Shaders etc, same outcome. Removed 'Reshade' entirely, game works fine.

Any ideas?

Otherwise I need to try and find the old version I was using.
    Last edited by Dai-San; Jul-22-2018 at 14:26. Reason: Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

You can easily find an older version by just altering the download link on the ReShade site:

https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.4.0.exe

to for example

https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.1.2.exe

which is the version I use.

Only tested 3.4.0 briefly and it worked just fine except for some noticeable delay in menus. Going back to 3.1.2 fixed the problem though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    You can easily find an older version by just altering the download link on the ReShade site:

https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.4.0.exe

to for example

https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.1.2.exe

which is the version I use.

Only tested 3.4.0 briefly and it worked just fine except for some noticeable delay in menus. Going back to 3.1.2 fixed the problem though.
    Many thanks mate, will give it a go

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.60 MB

Just got my 4.5 install going. It's running well it seems. But I do miss the sky debanding feature of ReShade but don't want to "muddy the pond" so to speak. So what's the verdict? Are any of you who are running ReShade in 4.5 having any issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I never had any. Dai check you are in Pseudo mode also.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 13sq*Axe View Post
    Just got my 4.5 install going. It's running well it seems. But I do miss the sky debanding feature of ReShade but don't want to "muddy the pond" so to speak. So what's the verdict? Are any of you who are running ReShade in 4.5 having any issues?
    I run 3.0.8 without any issues but only use debanding as an effect. When you set it up it wont run until you move the dxgi and dxgi.ini files into the folder /Parts/Core within the game's folder.

Note from 3.4.1 the dxgi.ini is now called "Reshade.ini" - not sure if 3.4.1 will run with Clod.

Finally if you are getting crashes you can try renaming the dxgi part of the files to d3d11. This has worked for the few who users who suffer this issue.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

7. Likes whurst1 liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    For Blitz version 4.50 (update December 2017):

How to install it for Blitz 4.5:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28360-reshade-cod/

-----------------------------------------------
    For TF 4.312:

I put this manual on official IL-2 Bo"X" Forum few days ago but maybe You can be interested in here .

Hello,
    ok here is my preset.
    Be sure - you have current display driver!

The video preview:

Screenshots (not edited, direct from the sim):

You need both - ReShade program (exe) + profile with settings (A+B).

A. Reshade installation:

1. Install ReShade 3 https://reshade.me/ (btw. here is my backup of this version https://www.sendspace.com/file/m5wfbb).
    2. Install it (its easy, use only Dx10+ version, video tutorial: https://youtu.be/AmziSAz2B4M?t=2m57s (show the way to Launcher.exe in Your CoD folder)
    3. When the programm will ask about download filters - click yes, uncheck all but take this (You dont need all filters, sometimetis it's a case of CTD if You have unnecessary):

- AmbientLight
    - Deband
    - DPX
    - FXAA
    - LumaSharpen
    - SMAA
    - Tonemap
    - Vignette

4. Done!

B. Profile (preset) installation:

Download: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...downloadid=122
    or https://www.sendspace.com/file/14i1pv

1. Put unziped profile ("ilcod_yoyo") to main folder \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover .
    2. Start Il-2 CoD. You will see grey task (info) like this:

3. Take flight or use it from menu "Shift + F2" (You can chenge it for example for Shift + F9 in settings option) and load profile from the main CoD folder.
    It must looks like this (example):

4. Enjoy new quality of CoD ;>.

-----------------------------------
    btw.

1/ I used advenced filters (some looks like pilot gogles) and sometimes You can notice this in menu (its CoD problem perhaps) http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Image-368_asaaapx.jpg (but You can live with this I think ;>, more infos about this bug You can find on ReShade Forum).
    2/ How to unistall? Just remove from CoD folder reshade-shaders and files ilcod_yoyo, dxgi, dxgi.dll .
    3/ Dindn't test it online, but spot is ok I think, example - find enemy : ) http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/Launcher-_asasrwn.jpg .
    4/ Update: 4.04.17 I did small update - "Deband option" (for better sky view, less sky rings, some info about this HERE). Difference is small but the sky looks w little better. The manual was changed (You can unistall old version and take the new).

My additional advices:
    You can also use AA in the game x2-x8 and this settings in nVidia Inspector:

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Nowy-1JPG_asaasqw.jpg

Regards.

Great work ! Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Are the reshade settings in the attached screenshot right? If not, what should they be?
    These settings showed up without me doing anything, but reshade doesn't work.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Screenshot (1).jpg
    Last edited by TWC_SLAG; Apr-01-2019 at 21:09.
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SLAG View Post
    Are the reshade settings in the attached screenshot right? If not, what should they be?
    These settings showed up without me doing anything, but reshade doesn't work.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Screenshot (1).jpg
    Update: new reshade settings (these don't work either)

Screenshot (2).jpg

WTF
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

All Reshade related files need to be moved to the "parts/core" subfolder. Adjust the filepaths in the dxgi.ini or ReShade.ini accordingly.
    Last edited by Karaya; Apr-02-2019 at 15:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

All Reshade related files need to be moved to the "parts/core" subfolder. Adjust the filepaths in the ReShade.ini accordingly.
    Karaya,

Thanks for responding. These two attachments show what I think you meant. However, something is still wrong. No bar at the top of the screen after win/f2.

Screenshot (3).jpg

Screenshot (4).jpg

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Paths need to be set in the ReShade.ini to something like this:

EffectSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\reshade-shaders\Shaders
    TextureSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\reshade-shaders\Textures

Also the default binding to get the overlay to show is Shift+F2, not Win+F2

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Paths need to be set in the ReShade.ini to something like this:

EffectSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\reshade-shaders\Shaders
    TextureSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\reshade-shaders\Textures

Also the default binding to get the overlay to show is Shift+F2, not Win+F2
    Karaya,

I have the shader and texture paths in, and get a reshade bar. I am also getting a warning that an unsupported overlay is detected, when I start CloD?? Could it be a dxgi text document I put in the "Core"?

Yes, I was thinking about the screen shots I had just taken a minute before.

Thanks again.

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I tried several things, but never got Reshade to work. So, I deleted it.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Karaya,

I have the shader and texture paths in, and get a reshade bar. I am also getting a warning that an unsupported overlay is detected, when I start CloD?? Could it be a dxgi text document I put in the "Core"?
    If you're getting the reshade bar everything is fine. The warning about an unsupported overlay can be ignored, it is just a debug thing for people who have game crashes and other issues.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

I used Karaya's advice:

"The easiest way to install ReShade is to just copy the Launcher64.exe into the parts/core folder and then direct the ReShade installer towards that. Btw I recommend using 3.1.2 and not the latest version of ReShade which has caused a few crashes for me."
    Edited September 14, 2018 by JG4_Karaya

Following that method the file paths are automatically input into the dxdi.ini file and you don't have to edit them.

After reviewing his tutorial video I used the same two effects as they represented changes that I wanted to see and the others got confusing.

Working like a charm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Czech6 View Post
    I used Karaya's advice:

"The easiest way to install ReShade is to just copy the Launcher64.exe into the parts/core folder and then direct the ReShade installer towards that. Btw I recommend using 3.1.2 and not the latest version of ReShade which has caused a few crashes for me."
    Edited September 14, 2018 by JG4_Karaya

Following that method the file paths are automatically input into the dxdi.ini file and you don't have to edit them.

After reviewing his tutorial video I used the same two effects as they represented changes that I wanted to see and the others got confusing.

Working like a charm.
    I'm willing to give it another try, but:
    It looks like the hard part is finding a place from which to d/l version 3.1.2. It doesn't seem to be as easy as Googleing "reshade 3.1.2 download". Where can I get it? I've tried several times, already.

League City, TX

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Karaya post #62 on this thread has a working link to 3.12. Just tried it. To outline the steps the way I remember them (which Karaya covered in his video):

1. Copy the Launcher icon from the sim root directory and paste the copy to the Parts/Core folder.
    2. Run the Reshade .exe file and point it at the Launcher in the Core folder, not the one in the root directory.
    3. Select DX and it installs.
    4. Say yes to downloading the effects and just pick a couple for now. I'm using Karaya's suggestion of FXAA and Vibrance.
    5. Set a path to where you want to store your profile (preset).
    6. Run the sim and you should see the dark grey Reshade bar at the top telling you it is installed. It disappears so look for it. If it doesn't show up you haven't installed it right.
    7. In the sim go to Options/Controls/View and delete the keyboard setting for the top External view (by default it is Shift+F2). This view takes you to external view and you can't get back in the cockpit.
    8. Make sure the second External view key command is F2 (unless you want to change it).
    9. Select a Single sight seeing mission and once it starts pause the sim and hit Shift+F2. Reshade menu will open. You have to be in a mission to see the Reshade menu.
    10. Under the General tab you can't see the effects yet. Click the preset field at the top and name your profile (preset). Change the setting from Performance to Configure (I believe this is in the second tab). You should now see the contents of the tab with effects and can check them to use them and change their default values.
    11. I used Karaya's values to change some of the default ones for the two effects that I choose to load (covered in his video). You can change the value in Vibrance and see the effects of the adjacent terrain and cockpit (Vibrance changes the color intensity).
    12. I changed the Shift+F2 to Shift+F9 just to give it a different key command.
    13. Once you're done with all that change Configure back to Performance. Close the menu by selecting the X at the top right and it should be set. Some of these might be slightly off as I'm not looking at the open Reshade menu, but select the different tabs and you'll see what each has listed. I suggest you look at Karaya's video as it explains all this and shows the tabs and fields, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmziSAz2B4M

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Hello there. I use my own settings on reshade and i swear by it. It helps me spot contacts better and dont think i could fly without it

Hals und Beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Karaya post #62 on this thread has a working link to 3.12. Just tried it. To outline the steps the way I remember them (which Karaya covered in his video):

1. Copy the Launcher icon from the sim root directory and paste the copy to the Parts/Core folder.
    2. Run the Reshade .exe file and point it at the Launcher in the Core folder, not the one in the root directory.
    4. Say yes to downloading the effects and just pick a couple for now. I'm using Karaya's suggestion of FXAA and Vibrance.
    6. Run the sim and you should see the dark grey Reshade bar at the top telling you it is installed. It disappears so look for it. If it doesn't show up you haven't installed it right.
    7. In the sim go to Options/Controls/View and delete the keyboard setting for the top External view (by default it is Shift+F2). This view takes you to external view and you can't get back in the cockpit.
    8. Make sure the second External view key command is F2 (unless you want to change it).
    9. Select a Single sight seeing mission and once it starts pause the sim and hit Shift+F2. Reshade menu will open. You have to be in a mission to see the Reshade menu.
    10. Under the General tab you can't see the effects yet. Click the preset field at the top and name your profile (preset). Change the setting from Performance to Configure (I believe this is in the second tab). You should now see the contents of the tab with effects and can check them to use them and change their default values.
    11. I used Karaya's values to change some of the default ones for the two effects that I choose to load (covered in his video). You can change the value in Vibrance and see the effects of the adjacent terrain and cockpit (Vibrance changes the color intensity).
    12. I changed the Shift+F2 to Shift+F9 just to give it a different key command.
    13. Once you're done with all that change Configure back to Performance. Close the menu by selecting the X at the top right and it should be set. Some of these might be slightly off as I'm not looking at the open Reshade menu, but select the different tabs and you'll see what each has listed. I suggest you look at Karaya's video as it explains all this and shows the tabs and fields, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmziSAz2B4M
    I think I understand all steps, except #5. Where should I store the profile?

Thanks for the detailed steps. I need that, because I am not really good with computers. I more knowledgeable on the flying part of flight sims.

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Done that.
    In step 3 I selected DX10+
    Reached step 5.
    Created a folder which I named "reshade-profile" in parts/core and selected it as my path.
    Then moved to step 6 and... sim would not launch.
    It shows the "IL2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER BLITZ" logo in the middle of the screen, then stops and closes.
    How do I uninstall/undo steps 1-5 ?
    I hope I do not have to reinstall CLOD from scratch. 7GB will take me all night to download, plus I may lose my profiles I spent so much time setting...
    Heeelp !

EDIT:
    After a PC reboot, the game launches again.
    On to the next steps (I could see the grey bar at the top and the menu opened with Shift+F2).
    Perhaps worth adding a step 5.5 in the above list that says: reboot PC.

EDIT2:
    Just a quick update. I waited a few days before posting this to make sure everything was fine.
    No more issues.
    Version 3.1.2 happily installed and working.
    I still have my occasional crashes as described in my other post https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=30712 but this is not related to Reshade as it happened already before the install.
    NFY
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Apr-11-2019 at 00:53.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Slag:

When you're installing and after it loads your chosen effects, the middle button on the install menu changes to say "Edit Reshade Settings". Click that button and it shows the different locations for screen shots, textures, effects, and at the top preset. Set a path to where you want to put the presets (you can use the three dot gray button on the right to navigate to a location for each of those locations). The textures and effects is usually already selected I guess based on where you installed Reshade. But you might have to create a screen shot location. Hit Save at the bottom after you have pointed to the locations on this menu.

Noofy:

Shouldn't have to re-boot the computer. If you get a problem and think something was set wrong you can restart the installation and it will overwrite the current install, and you can go through these steps again. You didn't cut and past the launcher to the core folder did you? It needs to be copy and paste so the original launcher is still in the root folder.
    Last edited by Czech6; Apr-08-2019 at 10:50.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Here's a couple of links with info. One explains what different effects do. I would start out with just a couple like Karaya's video (FXAA and Vibrance).

https://pcgamingexperience.com/resha...s-enhancement/

https://www.gameskinny.com/p0j0c/how...me-look-better

And I recommend watching Karaya's video, which I posted above. You get to visually see the actions taken and buttons pressed. Also, you can see the color change as he adjust the values in the Vibrance effect.

I must have installed and removed Reshade more than a half dozen times before I saw that video, and then I finally got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Everybody, and the video, skip right over the part I don't understand. In the re-shade settings, the shader and texture boxes are already filled in. It's the presets box I'm asking about What goes in there?

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

I created a PRESETS folder in the reshade-shaders folder where the Shaders and Textures folders are located:

Screenshot (29).png

Set the Preset path at the end of the installation (see the top field, TRIAL1.ini is the name of my preset:

Screenshot (27).png

In Reshade configuration menu you can see the Preset\TRIAL1.ini in the top field. I have FXAA and Vibrance checked to activate them and I've modified the settings below:

Screenshot (28).jpg

I see you're in League City. I'll be moving back to College Station in May or June. If you don't get it from this I'll have to come over and set it up on your computer this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I created a PRESETS folder in the reshade-shaders folder where the Shaders and Textures folders are located:

Screenshot (29).png

Set the Preset path at the end of the installation (see the top field, TRIAL1.ini is the name of my preset:

Screenshot (27).png

In Reshade configuration menu you can see the Preset\TRIAL1.ini in the top field. I have FXAA and Vibrance checked to activate them and I've modified the settings below:

Screenshot (28).jpg

I see you're in League City. I'll be moving back to College Station in May or June. If you don't get it from this I'll have to come over and set it up on your computer this summer.
    Even if I do get it, you are welcome. Going to college at A&M?

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

When ReShade asks you for a preset name in the overlay just type in whatever you want your profile to be called. The profile of the same name will then be created.

You guys make this seem like rocket science when this is really just following a few steps

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

LOL, no I graduated college a long time ago. My grandson is standing college next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

When ReShade asks you for a preset name in the overlay just type in whatever you want your profile to be called. The profile of the same name will then be created.

You guys make this seem like rocket science when this is really just following a few steps
    Hey, when you are 75 years old, it is rocket science.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hey, when you are 75 years old, it is rocket science.
    Really? Stuff that for a game of soldiers!!

Sounds bloomin' complex

I've a good mind to die young again.

I need a Delorean

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

32. Likes TWC_SLAG liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast