Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new game ON-events would you like to see?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

What new game ON-events would you like to see?

With TFS getting access to the game code, there is the possibility (no guarentees) that additional game events (the "On" events) could be added to the scripting code. What game events would mission scripters like to see that add more functionality to your missions?

My suggestions here:

OnParked()
    Trigger: fires when aircraft has landed & has taxied to a spawnpoint & is stopped with engines off.
    Passed variables: int missionNumber, string shortName, AiAircraft aircraft

OnGroupTookoff()
    Trigger: fires when all aircraft in a group are airborne. ie when last aircraft in the group fires it's OnTookoff event.
    Passed variables: int missionNumber, string shortName, AiAirgroup airgroup

OnOutOfAmmo()
    Trigger: fires when an aircraft is out of bullets.

OnBombReleased()
    Trigger: fires when a bomb is released from the aircraft
    Passed variables: string title, double mass, AiAircraft aircraft, int eventArgInt

OnActorBailed()
    Trigger: fires when an AiActor bails from an aircraft
    Passed variables: Player player, AiActor actor, AiArcraft aircraft, int placeIndex

OnEngineFire()
    Trigger: fires when an AiAircraft has an engine fire
    Passed variables: int missionNumber, string shortName, AiAircraft aircraft, int enginenumber

OnLandingGearDown()
    Trigger: fires when an AiAircraft has its landing gear down

OnActorDamaged
    Trigger: When an AiActor is damaged
    Passed variables: int missionNumber, string shortName, AiActor actor, AiDamageInitiator initiator

OnActorBlackout
    Trigger: When an AiActor has blacked/red out
    Passed variables: int missionNumber, string shortName, AiActor actor

OnSteamDown
    Trigger: Returns true when steam crashes
    Passed variables: None

OnBombInZone()
    Trigger: fires when a bomb is explode in zone

OnLastBombReleased()
    Trigger: fires when all bombs released from the aircraft

OnActorCrash
    Trigger: When an AiActor is crash

OnActorSpotEnemy
    Trigger: When an AiActor is spotting enemy

OnActorSpotFriendly
    Trigger: When an AiActor is spotting friendly

OnAircraftCrossesFrontline()
    Pass the aircraft (or actor if it can be made more general to include vehicles), the army value of the new territory that the aircraft is now in, the x and y positions, altitude maybe?

OnAircraftActivatesTrigger()
    Pass the trigger shortname, the aircraft x y position, the aircraft name (again, could be made general to any actor?), aircraft army
    (might be more useful as a GetTriggerActivatingUnit type function

OnAircraftWeaponJam()
    Pass the aircraft, the weapon identification, maybe the aircraft or actor that caused the damage?

OnCrewPositionSwitch()
    Pass the player name, the aircraft (or actor), the crew position switched into

OnAircraftObservered()
    If an aircraft comes within a X distance of any other unit on the map, pass the aircraft name, the aircraft army, the closest observing unit, the closest observing unit's army, the x and y positions of both units

OnPlayerLeftAircraft ()
    Currently we have OnPlaceLeave() but with that you must go through a whole rigamarole to determine whether that means the player is just (say) switching to a different position within the same aircraft or actually switching to a completely different aircraft or leaving the came or whatever

OnAircraftPlayerControlEnded ()
    Ok, maybe it needs a better name but the idea is that say you start with an aircraft under player control. If it is say a bomber there are lots of different positions and you could have various players coming in & taking different positions, switching from one position to another, maybe the player who initial spawned the aircraft leaves but other players are still in the aircraft so someone else jumps in the pilot position and continues flying etc. So all sorts of complex onPlaceLeave() situations have happened but the a/c is still under player control by some player(s) or other. But at some point, the last player leaves & AI assumes control of the aircraft. That is the point where this route should trigger.

OnAircraftLandedButItWasntReallyAtAnAirportButJust ()
    I don't know what to call this, but when an aircraft lands at an airport, we get onAircraftLanded(), some other situations we get OnAircraftCrashLanded(). But there are other situations where the aircraft lands and we don't get EITHER of those triggering. So we either need a new OnAircraftLandedButItWasntReallyAtAnAirportButJust SomeOtherNiceLocationThePilotThoughtWouldBeOKAndTh eAircraftReallyIsn'tDestroyedButCouldStillTakeOffA gainIfItWantedTo() or maybe we call all landings away from an airport a "crash landing" and they trigger OnAicraftCrashLanded() or whatever. But regardless of the details, it would be very helpful to have one routine or another called whenever an aircraft lands, whether the landing is a good one or not, and also some way to tell the condition of the aircraft at the time of the landing (is it still usable/could take off again or is it damaged & can't fly, etc).
    Last edited by Salmo; Apr-16-2017 at 00:46.

2. Likes DUI, ATAG_Lolsav, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: What new game ON-events would you like to see?

Suggestions

RemoveAllItems - A "Bin" event for removing all scattered leftovers from crashes and pieces left in the middle of the sky

OnPilotBleeding - Seems usefull command

OnPilotAbleToBreathe - Specially in the future, since the density bug seems to be squashed - Altitude effects! Oxygen limits

OnflyInHeightASL - This one because of the previous one, since we do need to know how high the pilot is, isnt it?

**I will add more if these make sense at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Suggestions

RemoveAllItems - A "Bin" event for removing all scattered leftovers from crashes and pieces left in the middle of the sky

OnPilotBleeding - Seems usefull command

OnPilotAbleToBreathe - Specially in the future, since the density bug seems to be squashed - Altitude effects! Oxygen limits

OnflyInHeightASL - This one because of the previous one, since we do need to know how high the pilot is, isnt it?

**I will add more if these make sense at all
    The items you've detailed are more like methods than game-events. You can already get the health (whether an actor is bleeding) from the person.Health method. Think like, if I'm a mission scripted, then what game events to I want to be notified about? I added the following to the 1st post ...

OnActorDamaged -
    OnActorBlackout -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

I know i just can give ideas, im script talking, im worthless. I was throwing out ideas. Like this one:

OnWeatherChange If its overcast, for instance, the chance of a engine catch fire is higher?

OnLigthningStrike - It really catches fire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Onoutoffuel?

Does menu use qualify - Onmenuused? (ie tab 7-1, tab 4-#)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Two useful ones:
    OnSteamDown
    and
    OnPlayerComplaining

8. Likes ATAG_Lolsav, BOO, Ohms, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

OnLandingPilotCanJumpFromAircraftAndRunAwayAndDive FirCoverLikeTheOriginalIL2AndThenPlanExplodes

OnShootingAtVehiclesCharactersJumpFromVehiclesAndR unAway

Crosses Fingers
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Two useful ones:
    OnSteamDown
    and
    OnPlayerComplaining

You just gave me a idea there: Is it possible to get a STEAM id from ingame? I mean, a graphic interface for Server admins to "kick-this-guy-out-with-mouse click-because-profanity-abuse"?

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

onJohnWayningItCauses"DoNotFlyLikeATool"MessageToA ppear

onDetectionOfExtraniousNoiseCauses"UsePTTAndSetItU pRightAndStopBeingAnnoying"MessageToAppear

onDetectionOfExcessiveAircraftChasingOneTargetCaus es"WeightOfInboundLeadExceedsAllUpWeightOfTargetAi rcraft_BreakOffAndStopGloryHunting"MessageToAppear
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    78.01 MB

I have not much needs apart from this:

Fix Pleas:

OnBuildingKilled(string title, maddox.GP.Point3d pos, maddox.game.world.AiDamageInitiator initiator, int eventArgInt)

And

Sometimes when player crash land into ground, usually near coast line but not in the water, server can`t react with OnAircraftCrashLanded until OnPlaceLeave is being called.
    I have simple work around for this but it would be nice to see it working properly.

Thanks

13. Likes Cassius liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    OnLandingPilotCanJumpFromAircraftAndRunAwayAndDive FirCoverLikeTheOriginalIL2AndThenPlanExplodes

OnShootingAtVehiclesCharactersJumpFromVehiclesAndR unAway

Crosses Fingers
    How cool would that be to see.. that's the life in this sim that's been missing! My fingers and toes crossed as well.

Maybe something like..
    On aircraft crash landed.. for possible pilot rescue missions in the future. Hopefully ( water and land)
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Apr-14-2017 at 10:24.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Three I can think of:

#1. OnPlayerLeftAircraft ()

Currently we have OnPlaceLeave() but with that you must go through a whole rigamarole to determine whether that means the player is just (say) switching to a different position within the same aircraft or actually switching to a completely different aircraft or leaving the came or whatever

#2. OnAircraftPlayerControlEnded ()

Ok, maybe it needs a better name but the idea is that say you start with an aircraft under player control. If it is say a bomber there are lots of different positions and you could have various players coming in & taking different positions, switching from one position to another, maybe the player who initial spawned the aircraft leaves but other players are still in the aircraft so someone else jumps in the pilot position and continues flying etc. So all sorts of complex onPlaceLeave() situations have happened but the a/c is still under player control by some player(s) or other.

But at some point, the last player leaves & AI assumes control of the aircraft. That is the point where this route should trigger.

#3. I don't know what to call this, but when an aircraft lands at an airport, we get onAircraftLanded(), some other situations we get OnAircraftCrashLanded(). But there are other situations where the aircraft lands and we don't get EITHER of those triggering. So we either need a new OnAircraftLandedButItWasntReallyAtAnAirportButJust SomeOtherNiceLocationThePilotThoughtWouldBeOKAndTh eAircraftReallyIsn'tDestroyedButCouldStillTakeOffA gainIfItWantedTo() or maybe we call all landings away from an airport a "crash landing" and they trigger OnAicraftCrashLanded() or whatever. But regardless of the details, it would be very helpful to have one routine or another called whenever an aircraft lands, whether the landing is a good one or not, and also some way to tell the condition of the aircraft at the time of the landing (is it still usable/could take off again or is it damaged & can't fly, etc).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by flug View Post
    #3. I don't know what to call this, but when an aircraft lands at an airport, we get onAircraftLanded(), some other situations we get OnAircraftCrashLanded(). But there are other situations where the aircraft lands and we don't get EITHER of those triggering. So we either need a new OnAircraftLandedButItWasntReallyAtAnAirportButJust SomeOtherNiceLocationThePilotThoughtWouldBeOKAndTh eAircraftReallyIsn'tDestroyedButCouldStillTakeOffA gainIfItWantedTo() or maybe we call all landings away from an airport a "crash landing" and they trigger OnAicraftCrashLanded() or whatever. But regardless of the details, it would be very helpful to have one routine or another called whenever an aircraft lands, whether the landing is a good one or not, and also some way to tell the condition of the aircraft at the time of the landing (is it still usable/could take off again or is it damaged & can't fly, etc).
    I think this one is just errors with the OnAircraftCrashLanded() and OnAircraftLanded() code that could be fixed. Evidence for this is that when crash landing a Hurricane, I don't get the code for crash landing unless I unlock the gear. Don't have to fully extend the gear, just unlock it so that the UP light is off. After that, the crash landing code works fine.

So that one would probably go under the list of code that needs repair, not new code.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.401_Wolverine View Post
    I think this one is just errors with the OnAircraftCrashLanded() and OnAircraftLanded() code that could be fixed. Evidence for this is that when crash landing a Hurricane, I don't get the code for crash landing unless I unlock the gear. Don't have to fully extend the gear, just unlock it so that the UP light is off. After that, the crash landing code works fine.

So that one would probably go under the list of code that needs repair, not new code.
    Yes, I think that is at least part of the problem--there are just some bugs. If OnAircraftCrashLanded() worked for every crash-land situation that is at least part of the solution.

However . . . there is a different situation that is not necessarily a crash land per se. This if you land successfully at a location that is not an airfield. It is possible to land safely and then take off again--in fact, doing that is necessary (and useful) in certain missions, such as when you need to pick up the spy.

But it would be nice/helpful to have notification of this type of landing as well--it is a safe and successful landing, but away from an airport.
    Last edited by TWC_Flug; Apr-27-2017 at 09:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    I know i just can give ideas, im script talking, im worthless. I was throwing out ideas. Like this one:

OnWeatherChange If its overcast, for instance, the chance of a engine catch fire is higher?

OnLigthningStrike - It really catches fire?
    there was a spitfire that actually caught fire an crashed during or just before the battle and the pilot died through lightning strike

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    206.20 MB

any new game ON-events in Patch 4.5?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Random new thought:

OnStart()

Which would be called at the very, very start of mission load, before things like weather, time, and map (season) are loaded. The purpose would be to allow you to programmatically change those elements via script--mission start time, mission map (particularly the season), and specifics of weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by flug View Post
    Random new thought:

OnStart()

Which would be called at the very, very start of mission load, before things like weather, time, and map (season) are loaded. The purpose would be to allow you to programmatically change those elements via script--mission start time, mission map (particularly the season), and specifics of weather.
    This would be useful, but you can technically do this currently. Just run script to modify these elements in the file after the mission loads. Next time it loads, it loads the newly randomized (or not random) bits. If the changes aren't random, you have to wait until the pre-conditions of each condition have occurred during the mission anyway..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran66 View Post
    any new game ON-events in Patch 4.5?
    No. The intention is to extend the scripting capabilities in TF5/Tobruk.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Would be cool to see a trigger with the red/blue present/not present functionality also an Altitude parameter on triggers!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

It would be nice to have something that is called when the TAB-7-1 radar is called. So ideally you could just suppress the TAB-7-1 radar altogether, or replace the radar message with whatever you want.

Just turning off TAB-7-1 radar would be a nice option, too--though perhaps a different bit of functionality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Just thinkin, is it possible to use OnPlaceEnter to set a spawned a/c engine temps at a half-warmed up level (or whatever specified by the builder)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Just thinkin, is it possible to use OnPlaceEnter to set a spawned a/c engine temps at a half-warmed up level (or whatever specified by the builder)?
    Engine(s) temp is read-only at this stage. No ability for mission builder to set the temperature. TFS is aware of player frustration with having to wait for engines to warm up after spawning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Rgr that, thanks Salmo. Like I said - its just a thought. Like most players I don't mind the warm-up times at all, just want to be clear its not a complaint! Just thinking "scramble" scenario type stuff, and bomber events when waiting for temps can exclude some players from 'catching up' after a mishap. And maybe the Br.20s hehe...

It's all good!
    ~S~

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    OnPlayerLeftAircraft ()

OnAircraftPlayerControlEnded ()
    A couple of tweaks additions to these:

OnFirstPlayerEnteredAircraft ()
    Like OnPlaceEnter() but is called only when the very first live player enters a new aircraft for the first time. So a player switching positions within an aircraft doesn't call this, a 2nd player entering a bomber doesn't call it. It is only called if the aircraft is previously empty or AI controlled, and then the first live player enters.

OnPlayerEnteredAircraft ()

Like OnPlaceEnter() but is called when a player first enters an aircraft. The difference between this and OnFirstPlayerEnteredAircraft () is this when is called when the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc players first enter (say) a bomber. Whereas OnFirstPlayerEnteredAircraft () is called only when the FIRST live player enters the plane.

The reason for these you often want to do something special when live players first enter or leave an aircraft (basically, when it switches from AI to live player control and back again). But you also might want to do something (perhaps different) the first time any give player enters a particular aircraft, or leaves (all positions in) it.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

OnActorBailed()
    Trigger: fires when an AiActor bails from an aircraft
    Passed variables: Player player, AiActor actor, AiArcraft aircraft, int placeIndex
    Just wanted to give this a little bump and second that this would be a particularly helpful one.

It looks like right now that when a player bails out of an aircraft, OnPlaceEnter is called with player.PlacePrimary() == -1

So I guess that works (not 100% sure how reliable it is?) but it is a bit of a kludge at best! OnActorBailed would be a lot more straightforward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 13:46.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

OnBombReleased()
    Trigger: fires when a bomb is released from the aircraft
    Passed variables: string title, double mass, AiAircraft aircraft, int eventArgInt
    Real late to the party here, but I just today came across a situation in scripting where I thought, "Hey, if only there where some way I could be notified when a player releases a bomb, then I could . . . "

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post
    Real late to the party here, but I just today came across a situation in scripting where I thought, "Hey, if only there where some way I could be notified when a player releases a bomb, then I could . . . "
    Too late for TF5, but maybe there is another way to do what you want. What is the scenario?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast