Thread: Will problems with Nvidia drivers and Win 7 update KB2670838 be fixed now?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Will problems with Nvidia drivers and Win 7 update KB2670838 be fixed now?

I recently had to install the latest Nvidia driver for my GTX970 - and discovered that I now have graphics issues! I understand that this is a well-known problem and I have temporarily cured it as suggested by setting land shaders to 'low'; I can live with this but it's not ideal of course. Now that CLOD is 'officially' being developed further can we assume that this problem will be fixed so the latest Nvidia drivers can be used, as a matter of urgency, as would any other properly supported game?

Unfortunately I can't go back to the old driver as I need the latest one to run other games.

Furthermore, will CLOD be fixed so it will run with Win 7 update KB2670838? I have coped quite happily without it, but now I'd like an Oculus Rift - and apparently you need KB2670838 for it to work!

Many thanks to any of you TF guys who may know about this!

2. Likes leaderai1912 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Will problems with Nvidia drivers and Win 7 update KB2670838 be fixed now?

Nvidia drivers 37x for 97x series affecting flight simulators - happens with IL-2 BoS too - is promised by Nvidia do be looked in their next branch (380) of drivers, but don't expect much since "flight simulators" is not priority for then.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Re: Will problems with Nvidia drivers and Win 7 update KB2670838 be fixed now?

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post
    I recently had to install the latest Nvidia driver for my GTX970 - and discovered that I now have graphics issues! I understand that this is a well-known problem and I have temporarily cured it as suggested by setting land shaders to 'low'; I can live with this but it's not ideal of course. Now that CLOD is 'officially' being developed further can we assume that this problem will be fixed so the latest Nvidia drivers can be used, as a matter of urgency, as would any other properly supported game?

Unfortunately I can't go back to the old driver as I need the latest one to run other games.

Furthermore, will CLOD be fixed so it will run with Win 7 update KB2670838? I have coped quite happily without it, but now I'd like an Oculus Rift - and apparently you need KB2670838 for it to work!

Many thanks to any of you TF guys who may know about this!
    Thanks for the help. Now you can play on new versions.