Thread: Automatic propeller pitch in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Automatic propeller pitch in the future.

Hi everyone:

I'm not complaining about the automatic propeller pitch in the 109 E4's here in this post I just want a clarification if it is working as it should or not? As anyone who flew IL-2 1946 all 109s were incorrectly automatic but the automatic was fantastic!! Or was it too fantastic? This I have no answer to but I think I could get one with this post....I hope. Oh and if it isn't correct in Cliffs of Dover will it be worked on? Thanks.

PS Please understand for all I know it may be working as it should in Cliffs of Dover...I have no idea..just would like to find out
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-15-2017 at 07:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Automatic propeller pitch in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Hi everyone:

I'm not complaining about the automatic propeller pitch in the 109 E4's here in this post I just want a clarification if it is working as it should or not? As anyone who flew IL-2 1946 all 109s were incorrectly automatic but the automatic was fantastic!! Or was it too fantastic? This I have no answer to but I think I could get one with this post....I hope. Oh and if it isn't correct in Cliffs of Dover will it be worked on? Thanks.

PS Please understand for all I know it may be working as it should in Cliffs of Dover...I have no idea..just would like to find out
    The auto prop pitch on the game's 109E's is actually better than the real one... which had a lot of teething problems, and which was only available on a few aircraft late in the battle.

We have made this concession, to allow inexperienced 109 players to fly... otherwise there would be no new blues flying... but there is no benefit to auto... you get better performance from manual.

Re. the auto in the later 109's, yes we are looking at tweaking this for TF 5.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    The auto prop pitch on the game's 109E's is actually better than the real one... which had a lot of teething problems, and which was only available on a few aircraft late in the battle.

We have made this concession, to allow inexperienced 109 players to fly... otherwise there would be no new blues flying... but there is no benefit to auto... you get better performance from manual.

Re. the auto in the later 109's, yes we are looking at tweaking this for TF 5.0.
    Thanks Buzzsaw

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

You can see this behavior on certain maps. Fall Rot is hands down my favorite map but a lot of blue drop off so I end up flying 109s more often than I'd like. The Spit 1 vs an E3 is a fun fight but a lot of guys struggle I assume flying the E1 and E3.

Was there a production E2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

109E-2 was basically identical to the E3 but had an additional engine mounted 20mm Motorkanone, which apparently caused no end of issues. Apparently II./JG27 operated them in August 1940, according to Wikipedia.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

6. Likes Pans liked this post