Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edtracker Help

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Edtracker Help

Hi guys, you will have to bare with me on this because i'm new to it all but i need some help with EDtracker pro. Hopefully the answer isnt too simple so i dont look like too much of a fool ^^

I just got my EDtracker pro in the post and set it up accordingly and correctly via the website and calibrating it etc etc. So thinking it was as easy as then clicking on cliffs of dover and it would pick it up and i would be able to look around it apparently wrong lol. Im stuck, i have it all set up but cant seem to get it working in cliffs of dover? I tried setting up a button to activate it on my joystick and that didnt work and i also set up the key binding for "enable trackIR" hoping that could possibly get it to work but it did not. Am i missing something really obvious here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Re: Edtracker Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanglebe View Post
    Hi guys, you will have to bare with me on this because i'm new to it all but i need some help with EDtracker pro. Hopefully the answer isnt too simple so i dont look like too much of a fool ^^

I just got my EDtracker pro in the post and set it up accordingly and correctly via the website and calibrating it etc etc. So thinking it was as easy as then clicking on cliffs of dover and it would pick it up and i would be able to look around it apparently wrong lol. Im stuck, i have it all set up but cant seem to get it working in cliffs of dover? I tried setting up a button to activate it on my joystick and that didnt work and i also set up the key binding for "enable trackIR" hoping that could possibly get it to work but it did not. Am i missing something really obvious here?
    Might be a red herring but with Track IR5 you must start that up running before you then start the game up....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Might be a red herring but with Track IR5 you must start that up running before you then start the game up....
    No red herring there Dave !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Its pretrty straight forward...

BUT...

you also need to run Opentrack 2.2 Stable (It must be this version !!)

https://github.com/opentrack/opentra...k-2.3-20141105

that way ed Tracker is mimicked as a Track IR and Cliffs wil "see" it.

Check this post out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As3yV_wREFU

if you want a working already sorted opentrack profile just PM me and i will email you mine.

and if you run into issues... shout !! I'm more than happy to talk you through it over teamspeak !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    If only it were that simple T_T ive done this and still nothing.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Its pretrty straight forward...

BUT...

you also need to run Opentrack 2.2 Stable (It must be this version !!)

https://github.com/opentrack/opentra...k-2.3-20141105

that way ed Tracker is mimicked as a Track IR and Cliffs wil "see" it.

Check this post out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As3yV_wREFU

if you want a working already sorted opentrack profile just PM me and i will email you mine.

and if you run into issues... shout !! I'm more than happy to talk you through it over teamspeak !!
    So i must have open track for my edtracker to work in cliffs of dover? strange... but thanks so much for the response! i would love a already configured open track set up it saves a lot of hassle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

So i must have open track for my edtracker to work in cliffs of dover? strange... but thanks so much for the response! i would love a already configured open track set up it saves a lot of hassle

Pretty sure it wonk work without opentrack... as thats what feeds a pseudo track IR signal into cliffs...

in any case you definately want to run it though opentrack anyway.... because its gives more axis than the ED tracker GUI alone.

bit daft really... !!

So... you run ed tracker, (set ywas and pitch scaling to 1.00... and smoothing off then run opentrack (with the right profile loaded)... and bingo... it all works as if by magic. Opentrack has its own smoothing so you don't need the ed tracker one....

both the above need to be running concurrently. Only then fire up clod.... or it wont see the ed tracker.

The reason I say it has to be Opentrack 2.2 stable is that that is the only version that allows a bit of lean out around the cockpit when checking 6... which is pretty damn useful or you will just be looking at the headrest !

its more pronounced with the canopy back ! Cool feature and defintely one you want !!

that is all set up in my profile already... so id suggest you start with that and then tweak it about a bit as you see fit once you are up and running.

PM me your email address and I will ping it over this evening.

and if you have any issues let me know.... its easier to describe this over teamspeak than via text !!

Its a great bit of kit when its all set up !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Pretty sure it wonk work without opentrack... as thats what feeds a pseudo track IR signal into cliffs...

in any case you definately want to run it though opentrack anyway.... because its gives more axis than the ED tracker GUI alone.

bit daft really... !!

So... you run ed tracker, (set ywas and pitch scaling to 1.00... and smoothing off then run opentrack (with the right profile loaded)... and bingo... it all works as if by magic. Opentrack has its own smoothing so you don't need the ed tracker one....

both the above need to be running concurrently. Only then fire up clod.... or it wont see the ed tracker.

The reason I say it has to be Opentrack 2.2 stable is that that is the only version that allows a bit of lean out around the cockpit when checking 6... which is pretty damn useful or you will just be looking at the headrest !

its more pronounced with the canopy back ! Cool feature and defintely one you want !!

that is all set up in my profile already... so id suggest you start with that and then tweak it about a bit as you see fit once you are up and running.

PM me your email address and I will ping it over this evening.

and if you have any issues let me know.... its easier to describe this over teamspeak than via text !!

Its a great bit of kit when its all set up !
    Thanks so much for the heads up and help, makes sense now, ill be sure to email you and get it up and running!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

EdTrackir should start up irrespective of whether or not you entered Clod First. I presume you have calibrated it /run the config wizard prior to use?
    Top right hand side under the help button. Can view the calibration demo there. Your Edtrackir program should look something like the below. (Vers 2.0.1.0)

I also use Opentrack 2.2 with the Edtracker program and it should look like this…

Its important to make sure you have Joystick where it says so above , Freetrack 2.0 and Accela Filter Mk4.
    Click on the mapping button above (in the program) to change Axis responses. These are largely personal preferences. I have posted mine to give you a starting point. You DO NOT need to do this, but if you choose to, you can experiment with different setting to best suit your needs.

To select where the line goes, depending on the axis, you move your head from one side of the screen to the other to select the best position and likewise with up and down. When your doing that, you will see the line move, this will help you select positioning and will be self evident when your actually doing it, rather than trying to understand it by reading this.

Yaw

Pitch

Options Tab

Notice in the Options tab, I did not select “Roll”. Again this is personal preference. Some love it, (if its done correctly), I however cant stand it in CLOD so leave it unselected.
    My advice is leave it alone to begin with and you can play with it later when more familiar with the program. I dare say, you wont play with it in Clod anyway. Yaw and Pitch are all you need in game.
    Leave “X”, “Y”, and “Z” tabs in the mapping screen alone. Don’t need input here.

Good Luck.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Sp00k View Post
    EdTrackir should start up irrespective of whether or not you entered Clod First. I presume you have calibrated it /run the config wizard prior to use?
    Top right hand side under the help button. Can view the calibration demo there. Your Edtrackir program should look something like the below. (Vers 2.0.1.0)

I also use Opentrack 2.2 with the Edtracker program and it should look like this…

Its important to make sure you have Joystick where it says so above , Freetrack 2.0 and Accela Filter Mk4.
    Click on the mapping button above (in the program) to change Axis responses. These are largely personal preferences. I have posted mine to give you a starting point. You DO NOT need to do this, but if you choose to, you can experiment with different setting to best suit your needs.

To select where the line goes, depending on the axis, you move your head from one side of the screen to the other to select the best position and likewise with up and down. When your doing that, you will see the line move, this will help you select positioning and will be self evident when your actually doing it, rather than trying to understand it by reading this.

Yaw

Pitch

Options Tab

Notice in the Options tab, I did not select “Roll”. Again this is personal preference. Some love it, (if its done correctly), I however cant stand it in CLOD so leave it unselected.
    My advice is leave it alone to begin with and you can play with it later when more familiar with the program. I dare say, you wont play with it in Clod anyway. Yaw and Pitch are all you need in game.
    Leave “X”, “Y”, and “Z” tabs in the mapping screen alone. Don’t need input here.

Good Luck.
    This was a MASSIVE help to get me up and running, i cant thank you enough! you guys are awesome

EDIT: it seems to be working fine thank you, there are some minor issues though, there is a weird snap sort of effect when i look forward where it snaps onto the sights. This is fine and all but it makes it un smooth when looking from left wing to right wing because of the small snap in the middle of the transaction from looking left to right. Any ideaS? could it be because i have controls set up on snap and pan views? As well as that sensitivity is becoming a issues. It has become very sensitive, should i adjust the sensitivity via edtracker or open track?
    Last edited by Ryanglebe; Sep-08-2016 at 08:39.

11. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

This was a MASSIVE help to get me up and running, i cant thank you enough! you guys are awesome

EDIT: it seems to be working fine thank you, there are some minor issues though, there is a weird snap sort of effect when i look forward where it snaps onto the sights. This is fine and all but it makes it un smooth when looking from left wing to right wing because of the small snap in the middle of the transaction from looking left to right. Any ideaS? could it be because i have controls set up on snap and pan views? As well as that sensitivity is becoming a issues. It has become very sensitive, should i adjust the sensitivity via edtracker or open track?
    Try my profile...

it has no centre snap... i hate that !

enable a hotkey in edtracker GUI so you can reset the thing is it ends up looking the wrong way...

Also... at first use they can seem very sensitive... you get used to it.. (or at least i have done!!)

then just tweak it about as you like..

also... rtather than the above i have no smoothing in ED tracker... as i have it set on teh Opentrack profile instead.

probably load of ways you can set this up...

anyhoo...

however you set it up ...

ENJOY !!
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Sep-08-2016 at 09:12.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

13. Likes Ryanglebe liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Ryan - your initial flat spot at the start of the graph is probably too long. Youll also find that very minor adjustments to the position of the curve (so the bit that goes up from the left to right - from the left to right can also have big effects on knocking smoothing the head turns..

When your zoomed, you may find that there is a lot of shake too, that can be tamed in the accella filter settings.

AND FINALLY - i personally do you a very small amount of the X axis to allow me to see a little to each side (very convenient for judging where the ground is when landing Sp00k - just sayin... ) and better over my six. look for BRUMSTER's video you tude or go to the EDtracker -WIP thread in ATAG. Again, a little is a lot....

S!

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

15. Likes ATAG_Highseas, Ryanglebe, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks so much for all the help guys i am now up and running and i will be using it in combat for the first time tonight

17. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Thanks so much for all the help guys i am now up and running and i will be using it in combat for the first time tonight
    Knock 'em bandy !!

'Seas

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

you might find some settings that you set on the ground dont work as well as expected in a dogfight. /this is more true of the x/y/z axis use. Good luck and stick at it.

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Glad you have managed to get your Ed Tracker issues sorted Ryanglebe. I too have only just started using an Ed Tracker which I have set up with Highseas help and using his profile. I am finding that it is taking a bit of getting used to as up until now I have only been using the hat switch on my joystick for looking around, but Ed Tracker is a useful piece of kit, and a good, much cheaper alternative to track IR

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    Glad you have managed to get your Ed Tracker issues sorted Ryanglebe. I too have only just started using an Ed Tracker which I have set up with Highseas help and using his profile. I am finding that it is taking a bit of getting used to as up until now I have only been using the hat switch on my joystick for looking around, but Ed Tracker is a useful piece of kit, and a good, much cheaper alternative to track IR
    Exactly the same as me, i usually used the hat switch and it was a bit annoying and i always lost track of opponents but with highseas help i am up and running and finding it so much easier to fly and dogfight. I highly rate EDtracker

22. Likes ATAG_Laser, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I highly rate EDtracker
    Me too.. it's a really superb bit of kit

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

24. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Exactly the same as me, i usually used the hat switch and it was a bit annoying and i always lost track of opponents but with highseas help i am up and running and finding it so much easier to fly and dogfight. I highly rate EDtracker
    HOLY MOLY !!

25 kills ?!

Kudos !!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

HOLY MOLY !!

25 kills ?!

Kudos !!

Ryan and Pattle have come among us mortals like gifts from the gods, one for each side........

27. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Ryan and Pattle have come among us mortals like gifts from the gods, one for each side........
    yeah...

It's terrifying !!

Pattle can't fly as of a couple of days back as his rig sprang a coolant leak and is currently off to the Auxhilairy RAF repair shop in Melbourne !!

Was up with Pablo... a texan chap.. new to CLoD last night... with Marlow... and man...

YoTheGuy should get him on that formation team ASAP... that man can hold formation like erm.. i dunno.... like a really sticky analogy ?!

yeah.. that will do, though just to be sure.. let's turn that into an acronym.

Like an RSA...

damn.. now it sounds like arse...

he's really really good is what I'm trying to say...

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

29. Likes BOO, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Hey Ryan, saw your stats the other day as well. Had to remember you had just joined. Das ist fantastisch!

Great flying. I will be sure to keep an eye out for you!

I use Highseas' ed tracker profile as well.

That piece of kit has made an enormous difference for me.

'Seas, could see you and Marlow up for a big session. Not jealous much!

Boo, hope to resume our jousting sessions soon mate

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    386.71 MB

Sorry to dig up an old thread,

Is Opentrack 2.2 stable still the only version to enable the check 6 operation using EdTracker?.
    Also is that profile still available to grab

cheers.

Exo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

The links still work so it seems...just click on them...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by exocet72 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread,

Is Opentrack 2.2 stable still the only version to enable the check 6 operation using EdTracker?.
    Also is that profile still available to grab

cheers.

Exo
    I think that with all the (newer) versions it is possible to enable the check 6 thing, after all it is only a matter of combining axis.

In the download section is an opentrack profile http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...downloadid=112
    It is ofcourse possible that someone uses a different scaling value in the EDtracker software for yaw and pitch

cheers Stormrider
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    I think that with all the (newer) versions it is possible to enable the check 6 thing, after all it is only a matter of combining axis.

In the download section is an opentrack profile http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...downloadid=112
    It is ofcourse possible that someone uses a different scaling value in the EDtracker software for yaw and pitch

cheers Stormrider

Good point Stormrider.

I have switched to Opentrack 2.3 and it works well, although I have not noticed any real benefits from the change (Possibly smoother when zoomed in). Checking 6 is no problem. I realized the other day that the settings in the EDTracker software and the settings in Opentrack are interrelated; so if you change the yaw and pitch settings in the EDTracker GUI it will very much affect your view on the screen.

So suggest setting the EDTracker GUI pitch and yaw to one (because others have suggested setting to 1..... mine are set at 4, but too lazy to set at one and then have to remap Opentrack), and then go into the Opentrack mapping and set that up until you have what you want on screen.

I wondered why when I tried others Opentrack settings I found them bizzare and wondered what cheap drugs they were doing! Now I know why (well, i think I do). Suppose that if sharing the Opentrack mapping, should share the EDTracker GUI settings as well.

If anyone feels otherwise please let me know, because I am still learning about this and will appreciate any suggestions (although I do think I have it just where I want it now....)

Um.... not life, just the tracking......

EDIT: Thank you Stormrider for pointing out to me that I was writing "freetrack" instead of "Operntrack" in the above. Think I have corrected them all.
    Last edited by farley; Apr-18-2017 at 09:25.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

35. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Stormrider, thanks for the PM. I have edited my post above to say "Opentrack" instead of "freetrack" the way I had, for some silly reason written it.

If only I could correct all of my all too frequent errors/mistakes so easily.

Thanks for pointing it out to me. You're a good man!

Just checked, and thankfully, my zipper is up at least......
    Last edited by farley; Apr-18-2017 at 09:33.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

37. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    386.71 MB

Just got my Edtracker.

Got it all setup Nicely, I downloaded someones Opentrack 2.3 .ini in the download section, then did some tweaking (didn't like the zoom). I now got lean left and right so I can look out past nose.
    I can also look behind and past the seat to check six, (had issues with it as the lean was pushing me further behind the seat), but then found in Options, you can enable Translation mode.

That makes it so the lean comes in AFTER the rotation on the Yaw axis.

39. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

The sim becomes a totally different experience with a head tracker...its that simple...They take a bit of getting use to but they really are a game changer!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

41. Likes ATAG_Pattle, Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I agree totally. The Edtracker is great. One day I may go for TrackIR but money wise you caanot go past Ed if you are on a budget and still want the extra immersion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast