Thread: Ch fighter stick and throttle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.45 MB

Ch fighter stick and throttle?

Hey are any of you using the CH products to fly with? If so are you using the CH manager software for calibrating in Windows 10 or just using the Windows 10 interface to calibrate? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.4 GHz; 16.0GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; CH HOTAS + Pedals; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Ch fighter stick and throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    Hey are any of you using the CH products to fly with? If so are you using the CH manager software for calibrating in Windows 10 or just using the Windows 10 interface to calibrate? Thanks

CH Fighterstick and throttle are great pieces of flight sim hardware... not cheap, but they last a long time and easy on the hands if you are right handed.

But remember, the Fighterstick does not have a twist rudder on the stick... you need to add rudder pedals.... another considerable investment.

You can't fly the game aircraft in realistic mode without rudder control... keyboard control won't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.45 MB

Yea, thanks I know! I own the whole setup stick, throttle and peddles. I was just wondering if people that also own them are using the CH Manager software to set them up or if the where doing it directly in Windows 10.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.4 GHz; 16.0GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; CH HOTAS + Pedals; Track IR5

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I have used all three for years. I use the CM software to both set up and calibrate them. I do usually find it necessary to re-scan the controllers, then re-download the profile I use before starting the game in order to ensure that they work in game.

5. Likes Campbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Hey are any of you using the CH products to fly with? If so are you using the CH manager software for calibrating in Windows 10 or just using the Windows 10 interface to calibrate?
    You should give preference for joystick manufacturer calibration software, theoretically this give you the best calibration possible.
    Windows Games controller is for generic joysticks that don't came with any software, and even for these use DView or DXTweak2 is more recommendable.

7. Likes Campbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    90.2 KB

Yep, i use the CH throttle and a thrust master t 16000 joystick.
    No special software for either just plug and play.
    Very happy with the function of both units although neither of them look particularly sexy.

69th_Nork

9. Likes Campbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I used to have CH rudder pedals.

If all my kit disappeared and i had to replace it... Id have no problem in going with CH.

In fact I was very recently eyeing up the CH Fighterstick as an alternative for the Warthog which I have grown to loathe

but then the gunfighter went on release....

Basically... CH is very very good.

It doesn't use the newest technology, but it works and it keeps on working.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

11. Likes Campbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Have had the figtherstick and prothrottle for several years now and had them set up using the CH software, but now just plug and play and have not needed to recalibrate them. I last checked about 2/12 ago and they were spot on.

I struggled with learning the software, but it added to the number of usable buttons, key combinations etc.. If I decide to fly multiengine planes or jets then I might go back to the software so I can make use of more of the three layers of buttons etc.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

13. Likes Campbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.45 MB

Thanks guys! Thats exactly the type info I was searching for.

Gateway to Downeast Maine (New England) USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Campbell - I am new to this arena joining just in January and have little experience in SIMs except what I have learned from the ATAG forum and all the help these people readily give. I use a WIN 10 ASUS computer and have all three CH products; Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Rudder peddles. I calibrated them on CH manager only and then mapped them in CloD "Controls" successfully.

PM me and I can shoot you my set up information if you want to see how I have mapped them in Clod for RAF A/C.
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Have had the figtherstick and prothrottle for several years now and had them set up using the CH software, but now just plug and play and have not needed to recalibrate
    I (and others) notice that FightStick gimbal Y axis is able to turn around 33º for each side (~66º), but their potentiometer electric angle is limited to 30+30º degrees.

If joystick is calibrated in Windows Game Controllers that don't know this, means that in game elevator will reach 100% of deflection before your reach joystick physical 100% deflection. *
    I guess that CH drivers amplify potentiometer electrical response response to match the grip physical movement.

I convert some old CH stick for USB using Leo Bodnar Bu0836 card and notice this difference, so I need limit gimbal Y physical movement for ~30+30º.
    Using a joystick tester more detailed than Windows Game Controllers, e.g. DView, DXTweak, Thrustmaster Analyzer... this difference can be noticed.

Use CH drivers for install/calibration don't implicates obligatoriness in use Manager soft - that "press joystick buttons to press keyboard keys to send commands for games"(thing that for me me always sounds dumb, unless for specific macros).

* This mismatch (a end course mechanical deadzone) between gimbal movement and sensor reading happens too with in some units of Tm T16000M and can be fixed loosing or tight the bolts of spring support plate.

Small detail that most users probable don't notice in use.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-20-2017 at 12:44.

17. Likes farley, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    I (and others) notice that FightStick gimbal Y axis is able to turn around 33º for each side (~66º), but their potentiometer electric angle is limited to 30+30º degrees.

If joystick is calibrated in Windows Game Controllers that don't know this, means that in game elevator will reach 100% of deflection before your reach joystick physical 100% deflection. *
    I guess that CH drivers amplify potentiometer electrical response response to match the grip physical movement.

I convert some old CH stick for USB using Leo Bodnar Bu0836 card and notice this difference, so I need limit gimbal Y physical movement for ~30+30º.
    Using a joystick tester more detailed than Windows Game Controllers, e.g. DView, DXTweak, Thrustmaster Analyzer... this difference can be noticed.

Use CH drivers for install/calibration don't implicates obligatoriness in use Manager soft - that "press joystick buttons to press keyboard keys to send commands for games"(thing that for me me always sounds dumb, unless for specific macros).

* This mismatch (a end course mechanical deadzone) between gimbal movement and sensor reading happens too with in some units of Tm T16000M and can be fixed loosing or tight the bolts of spring support plate.

Thanks for passing along your knowledge 1lokos . I had no idea, but will give it a try to see what difference it makes. Is there a joystick testing program that you recommend?

You often reply to the technical/mechanical issues here, and I often wonder how you know so much about all of this stuff? You're not a computer are you?
    Last edited by farley; Apr-20-2017 at 17:15.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

Yup, never noticed. Only use full deflection after landing anyway.

Anytime I used the manufacturer software for controllers it has only been a waste of time. All controls through the game interface seems to be what works best for me.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post

That's exactly what you can see in CH control manger/ calibration tool. When you move the joystick it reaches 100% deflection just near the end of physical travel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I use the CH Pro Throttle....Great piece of kit...I managed to get it for £30 ($38) on ebay...after searching for years for a low price one...It is like brand new...Unlike a lot of the Saitek style throttles the CH Pro throttle slides on a flat plane as oppose to on an axis...The grip doesn't rotate with the pot...I found mine a bit loose...apparently a common issue but easily remedied...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...light=throttle

I use the CH manager...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

22. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I use the CH Pro Throttle....Great piece of kit...I managed to get it for £30 ($38) on ebay...after searching for years for a low price one...It is like brand new...Unlike a lot of the Saitek style throttles the CH Pro throttle slides on a flat plane as oppose to on an axis...The grip doesn't rotate with the pot...I found mine a bit loose...apparently a common issue but easily remedied...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...light=throttle

I use the CH manager...
    Thanks Lewis, yea I really like mine a lot. I did notice that after I unplug the stick and throttle from my computer and plug them back in , that I have to do a recalibration. I was struggling really bad on the ATAG because I had a delay in my control input to the game. So I thought maybe it was the CH Manger giving me issues. But turns out that once I recalibrate everything it all works like a champ.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm using my CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle on windows 10 with no issues since a month after the full release of Win10. I don't have the CH Control Manager installed- I calibrate through the Windows USB game controller menu settings menu and manage deadzones/senstivity through the options for my simulator.