Thread: StarCraft Now Free!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

StarCraft Now Free!

Original StarCraft game (with Brood War expansion) is free now for PC and Mac.

You can choose/download here:

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

Blizzard also working on remastered version of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w

Sweet Nostalgia...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Re: StarCraft Now Free!

Starcraft is still easily one of my favorite RTS game series out there. I lost many many hours of my youth to it in LAN parties with friends and don't regret a moment of it!
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ATAG_Headshot,

I also lost many hours of my youth on this RTS, and that's an understatement. The online dimension to Starcraft kept me in my younger days coming back time and again for more. No two matches were ever exactly the same coupled with all the possibilities/challenges/tactics and that is was an RTS, made it a wonderful pastime, or so I thought. Having said all that, I do regreat all the other things I could've done in my youth and didn't because of this "*!#%" game was around! I only have myself to blame, for my parents did their best to persuade me to be more regimental as to when I played, but I didn't think anything of it. At the end of the day, it's all about discipline. That will set apart life's have and have nots more than any other factor IMHO.

Oh well...live and/let learn.
    Last edited by Pareto; Apr-22-2017 at 12:14.

4. Likes ATAG_Headshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    85.88 MB

There are a lot worse things you can do in your youth than play starcraft. Volunteering for the Army or Marines are 2 that come to mind (speaking from experience).