Thread: One bad report on Nvidia GeForce Driver 381.65

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

One bad report on Nvidia GeForce Driver 381.65

After using DDU normally to remove all old drivers like I always do, a clean install of 381.65 (4/6/17) caused CLoD not to load. A message something like "bob Hurrricane files missing or bad installation" appeared whenever a full screen picture was called for. (Single flight or multiplayer). I tried to reinstall from STEAM with the new system as well as trying to install v1 with the patches to 4.312 with the same results.

My problem is solved by reloading a clone of my system from two weeks ago. It uses Driver 378.78 so I'm back in business.

The Driver 381.xx claims to be set up for the new Windows Creator update to be released soon, so I'm going to hold off on both of these until the smoke clears.

EDIT 20170413 : Windows 10 CU is out now, and the Nvidia Driver 381.xx complaints continue to roll in on their forum. Driver 378.78 handles my system with Win 10 CU very well.

EDIT 20170422 : Upgraded to Nvidia GTX 1080ti graphics card and installed Windows 10 CU. Driver 381.65 works properly with this configuration.
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-22-2017 at 09:32.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

2. Likes Hurricane, ATAG_Lewis, Pans, ATAG_Snapper, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: One bad report on Nvidia GeForce Driver 381.65

Thanks for the update Baff...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for the heads up, Baffin.

Of late I've just been blithely updating the Nvidia drivers when I get the notice of a new one, but this latest sounds like it could be problematic. Will hold off a bit as well.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Hi Chaps,

I tend to check Guru3d before I install new drivers. They have many who are quick to install and report problems.

Seems these are proving problematic to quite a few; http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...r-download.htm

Thanks for posting Baffin old bean.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I thought all the newer drivers were screwy for clod (post-368.81). Have things changed? Is it just us old win7 stone age ape-men who have the issue? Any win 7 users with the newer (not this last one) drivers running OK, or is it the trick where you have to turn the land shading down or something like that? So confused...

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Not sure, I have windows 10 and all the new drivers work fine for me. I did notice though this last one after it updated I had to delete my cache because I launched and anytime I moved my head around it was psychedelic. Exited out, deleted cache, rebooted, all was well.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    I thought all the newer drivers were screwy for clod (post-368.81). Have things changed? Is it just us old win7 stone age ape-men who have the issue? Any win 7 users with the newer (not this last one) drivers running OK, or is it the trick where you have to turn the land shading down or something like that? So confused...
    I believe its only windows 7 people having issue, I know I have never had any problems running on windows 10 and have always ran the latest driver(gtx 970). I was about to update to the ones just release days ago but saw this thread, Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    There is so much BS advice online that I recommend making sure that whatever is being espoused relates to your system. Actions that apply to my Windows 10 system may not work on your Windows 7 or 8, and obviously, different GPU's or multiple GPU's can make a significant difference. The only true insurance is to have a totally reliable backup of your system drive before you load new drivers. Windows System Restore is, in my opinion, very unreliable!

I've never had success with any method other than to CLONE the system drive onto a separate drive. I rely solely on Macrium Reflect Free edition and highly recommend it. I have no qualms at all about making updates or any wild & crazy experiment to anything as long as I have that backup drive in the drawer. If things get all messed up, I just take two hours to clone the clone back to my SSD.

https://www.macrium.com/
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-08-2017 at 11:29.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
    Hi Chaps,

I tend to check Guru3d before I install new drivers. They have many who are quick to install and report problems.

Seems these are proving problematic to quite a few; http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...r-download.htm

Thanks for posting Baffin old bean.

Septic.
    Yes, we need to do our homework before deciding to update these new drivers. The Nvidia sight also has a community (Forum) for each and every driver which covers about every complaint you can imagine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is anyone else having issues with 381.65? I'm considering updating my driver (Currently 378.78) because I'm having stutter issues with DCS and thought updating may help... But if it's going to mess with CLOD I'd rather not since CLOD is my first love.
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is anyone else having issues with 381.65? I'm considering updating my driver (Currently 378.78) because I'm having stutter issues with DCS and thought updating may help... But if it's going to mess with CLOD I'd rather not since CLOD is my first love.
    Nvidia Community:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...eased-4-6-17-/

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

SB

I've been running 381.65 without issues - but I also have installed the Creator's Update for Win10. I think the driver is intended for the latest W10 version.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Awesome, thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5