I assume many of you financially savvy English Irish Scots (reminds me of a joke) and Welshmen already know about this... but for those of you who don't:

Over the past years or two i have been regularly switching bank accounts to get the bonus incentives you get for switching account.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ban...accounts#bonus

These get updated seemingly monthly.

I currently have three current accounts. One is just there paying the bills. One is a joint account in which I bung the food / running costs cash, and the other is my own current account with all the beer tokens in it.

I’m almost out of switching options now as most banks won’t give you a bonus if you have ever had one from them, and others have a five year or similar type restriction.

Most of them require a certain number of direct debits to go out each month and a certain amount of cash to go in each month.

I pay it all into the one that wants the most cash, then immediately out to the next one and so on. This is totally legitimate as far as paying in the required amount, despite the fact that its only in the account for less than a day.
It all takes about 10 seconds. Applying for each account takes maybe 10 minutes. Most pay in the order of £100. I’ve seen them as high as £150.
So generally you are getting paid £600 an hour.

I think I can probably cash in on the Halifax current offering of £75... but I’ve had pretty much used all the other options up for now...

Bottom line here is that I’ve amassed about £350 this year for doing pretty much bugger all and probably around £150-200 last year.

Last year I spent my free money in part on my Slaw pedals. The rest was "loft clearance" onto ebay, and £50 I got for the CH Pros.

This year... well I spent it as I went along actually, but I'm pretending to myself that I actually spent it on my soon to arrive VKB Gunfighter. (Don't tell me about my little ruse though... it's a secret)

Anyhow.

Basically if you want some free money help yourself

I’m not event talking a commission or a finders fee.

Yeah I know ! What a guy !!