Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: INAUGUAL BOOMER BLITZ - SATURDAY 20th MAY @2000 UTC (2100 LONDON TIME)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Re: INAUGUAL BOOMER BLITZ - SATURDAY 20th MAY @2000 UTC (2100 LONDON TIME)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Just want to say a Big Thanks for Boo, that he took that on his own.
    Who think it is no hard let's try to do it youself.
    I just want to ask ATAG admins, to give us more available chance to organize something events.
    We have a lot of pilots who will want to take a part in, but we have not a place for it.
    Because tryin to make a huge bombers sortie in 10 min, after map was changed it is nonsense.
    Hi Cassius.

In my experiences, ATAG members are always willing to assist. They love this stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "giving us more available chance to organize". ATAG has given us all the chance to make "something" happen.

Boosterdog organized this himself, used ATAG website to collect pilots, then he lead the pilots on the server 1 on the map in rotation. The only thing admin did was give him a TS channel. Nothing else was needed from ATAG.

ATAG's server 1 is a sandbox. You get out what you put into it. It allows for creativity, and has all the right tools to make big formations.

JG4, 52, 71st, and many other squads launch these attacks periodically.

Looking forward to the next one.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I just want to ask ATAG admins, to give us more available chance to organize something events.
    We have a lot of pilots who will want to take a part in, but we have not a place for it.
    Because tryin to make a huge bombers sortie in 10 min, after map was changed it is nonsense.
    Here is a on external views track of 1st Sortie
    Thank You Cassius for your kind words.

I think a lot of the "rush" is really at my feet. We had a full 4 hour server with no risk of AI and I think we could have spent more time in the planning. I just didn't want people feeling that their flying time was being wasted - if in future the event comes with this caveat then maybe we can better plan.

One of the keys thing for me is that things like this do not have any quarter given. Whilst persistent campaign servers like SOW give us time to plan, the reality is that we have 10(?) missions in random rotation on ATAG. For me, its always play what we are given. The server flip was on time. I think all I can ask of ATAG is to assist in this in the lead up - which they did.

BUT

These are 10 mission we fly a lot so it is possible, with the knowledge and experience of us bomber pilots, to build up a resource of potential missions per map I think (over time). so when the server comes up we can say "I have a plan for this" and we go for it. I'm happy to organise all this but its not MY event - its everyones, including the players facing us.

So, One thing I didn't do was ask anyone - "So - who knows this map" then use that experience. I also underestimated the ability present and went low level with no real reason. Ill learn from these lessons and it'll be better next time!!

S! and thank you again your support (and Rostics and all the other guys you encouraged to join!!)

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

3. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Here's a short clip of the first intercept. (Including my embarrassing crash!) A cinematic version will come tonight.

Some screenies here: http://imgur.com/a/aGMTP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Here is a on external views track of 1st Sortie
    Cassius do you mind if I use your track file in a video? My track file only has a few minutes with the bombers before my plane goes out of range or dies and the bombers disappear from the track file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    Hi Cassius.

In my experiences, ATAG members are always willing to assist. They love this stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "giving us more available chance to organize". ATAG has given us all the chance to make "something" happen.

Boosterdog organized this himself, used ATAG website to collect pilots, then he lead the pilots on the server 1 on the map in rotation. The only thing admin did was give him a TS channel. Nothing else was needed from ATAG.

ATAG's server 1 is a sandbox. You get out what you put into it. It allows for creativity, and has all the right tools to make big formations.

JG4, 52, 71st, and many other squads launch these attacks periodically.

Looking forward to the next one.

I full agree with it. And Thanks ATAG Team we have that opportunities here. But I want a little bit more. Some like a full 2-3 hour Event, with a good planing before and nice fun action for both sides after realise mission. Any way we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Cassius do you mind if I use your track file in a video? My track file only has a few minutes with the bombers before my plane goes out of range or dies and the bombers disappear from the track file.
    Of course! I posted it for all using.

7. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Really gutted I missed the event.

My cockpit is in a hanger that looks a lot like a living room.

and that rather means that getting on comms is difficult at certain times since the plane ends up full of passengers... and they all want a snack... or a drink... or a new inflight movie.

Very distracting for a combat pilot.

(sadface)

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    386.71 MB

Thank's
    Boo for a great evenings entertainment even though my joystick packed up after entering the server had great fun jumping in mezza's plane and flying as rear gunner.
    Problems was when the spits attacked had no control over the gunner position either, so could do little about the spit that made us leak from both engines, but was an awesome sight seeing the next spit blow up after a 109 took him out before he could land a killer bvlow on us.

BTW thats the reason I was doing donughts on the taxiway

can't wait for the next one again thanks to all that organised this.

10. Likes BOO liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I full agree with it. And Thanks ATAG Team we have that opportunities here. But I want a little bit more. Some like a full 2-3 hour Event, with a good planing before and nice fun action for both sides after realise mission. Any way we are in.

Of course! I posted it for all using.
    We can have all this Cassius this but last night was very much about giving players a little slice of sky where perhaps it felt like it did in 1940. Hurris chasing 88s and being chased by 109s. Chaos.

I'm saying now that the next one will likely be the same. but after that? who knows......

We can plan for anything IF all assigned have the patience to wait patiently. A mission is 4 hours so there is lots of time. So we can do a "serious" event where we agree its about tactics and we can also do a "cinematic" event where we agree its about the vibe and just go for it.

But unless someone writes the script we are left with what server 1 gives us on its turn. And I like that because there is always a lot to do.

I left it loose last night because I didn't want to be elitist or over tax new bombers (me included).

BUT, know what~?

everyone who turned up was on their game. More than I anticipated. We could have done anything with our group! S!

So perhaps we could have sat down and planned more. And let the opposition do the same. Our brains v theirs.

I know last night we laid it on a plate for the RAF in many ways and ill take that as my fault- NDFs was probably the toughest bomber map in rotation - its the one map I didn't want and I snapped judged. . I knew with all the publicity we'd be in the light but hmmm - so what - I see a lot of good will for what we did. Its not just about the bombers after all.

But it wont always be this way. If can build a bomber core with the pros and enthusiasts here - we can do much more. And this I where I am personally going with this. Something where all that slog pays off with tactics, regardless of side.

I don't want to be dog meat every event but equally I'm not going to try and contrive sneak around events like radar never existed. There must always be an in and a foil.

So no special events from me. Even this one has exhausted me and its nothing special. We use what we are given and who we have.

S!

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post

Here's a short clip of the first intercept. (Including my embarrassing crash!)
    " I crashed into the sea !!! "
    " Oh my, how embarrassing ! "

Big thank you Flare for posting this. It gets funnier every time I hear those lines.

Not sure what tickles me most, the style and grace with which you spontaneously roll and flop into the water, or the understated response to an epic FAIL.

Hats off to you for being a good sport and sharing it for all to see. We've all had one of those moments, I'm sure.

My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz - used
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB - used
    8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 ram - new
    Samsung 250gb 850 EVO ssd - new
    EVGA 500 B power supply - new
    Thrustmaster T16000m stick - new
    EDTracker - used / DELAN CLIP PS3 CAMERA - new
    CH Gameport Pro Pedals - used

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

Thanks to everyone who participated, those who helped as guides, those who keep the servers running.

This truely was a great event, a full load test for the server and a huge amount of funzies for all !

A special personal thanks to Boo, Drock and Hanseat - you guys are true saints. I mean everyone is nice here, but you guys stood out for me as extra shiny people on this night. Plus having Hanseats accent really made it feel superb.

I feel having the 'unknown elements' of which map, which fields and which aircraft and which targets added extra anticipation for me - I've played Il2 since sturmovic and this by far was/is my greatest 'public' event.

I hope mission makers adjust the spawns alittle if they change the wind-direction on a particular mission map - so that the spawns are grouped at the right ends of the runway - for that particular mission.

That was the only niggle I had (and a minor niggle it was) - not that i'm blaming them - I doubt any mission makers plan for 20+ jumping on any field at the same time. Some fields are probably not designed for that many either hehe - imagine 20 blennies taking off from Canterbury

Thus, my only suggestion is that atleast one airbase, prefferably at the rear, is setup for a community bomber events with the spawns focused at the right end of the runway for 20-30 bombers. I totally accept that there could still be problems with spawns, but one base per side would/could reduce some of the forming issues/entertainment/whoopsies.

However, that said - it was awesome to watch the blob form, while in a pattern around the field, over my left wing.

I cannot stress enough, the enjoyment had, the great memory formed and the wonderful moments we all shared. I simply salute you all - friend, foe and admin...

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duty, and so bear ourselves that if the ATAG community and Team Fusion lasts for a thousand years, men will still say,

'This was their finest hour' !

Cheers Boo, it was great chap
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

14. Likes BOO, jg4_hanseat, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Here's my contribution to the video footage of the event. Video/Gameplay may show signs of lag when the bombers are first engaged near the coast, nothing I can/could do anything about. It was to be expected with the number of aircraft present in such a small part of the map.

16. Likes PreyStalker, TWC_Mackers liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123