Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Throttle Quadrant - Cos i'm as cheap as a, well.. let's not go there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: DIY Throttle Quadrant - Cos i'm as cheap as a, well.. let's not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You could also repurpose some other plastic items.

I used two 5 gallon swimming pool chemical container tops - the containers were empty and it wasn't my swimming pool!!

I also had a proper trim wheel (bought from Ebay some while ago) that got pressed into service and I kept on my Saitek throttle unit but left room for a second...

~S~
    nice bit of kit.

How are you finding the saitek?

im mega reluctant from past saitek experience, still curious though it seems. !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

2. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    325.57 MB

For the use I've had out of it so far it's been Ok, although I have no point of comparison except the good old keyboard!

Sometime soon (when I've finished redecorating the house) I should be able to get some proper flight time in and then it will get caned and we'll see how it holds up.

The lever movement feels a little 'loose' but if this becomes a problem I know there are videos on YouTube that show how to 'tighten' them up.

~S~
    Possunt quia posse videntur (They can because they think they can) - 19 Squadron (originally Virgil)

4. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    1lokos, do you prefer a regular, dark roast or decaf trim wheel (decaf might have the advantage of not keeping you awake all night)?

Do you notice a difference when using the different types?

Does it have to be Nabob, or would another brand work?

Sorry for all the questions, but i am fairly new to the fascinating world of DIY trimming, and i want to get it right without a lot of trial and error.

Thanks for any help you can give with this perplexing issue......
    Last edited by farley; May-17-2017 at 20:00.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Even I'M not THAT cheap !!

haha !
    Seas, are you sure?

That's not what I've heard.....
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

7. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

a pile of parts... still waiting for the plastic wheels

controller parts.jpg

Classy like....

The levers finally arrived from the states... so thats flaps and gear sorted...

the chicken head knobs came off an old Fender Amp... great quality... no injection moulding.

might post my sketched up plan later... if i get time.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

9. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

This is my very basic layout for the trimmer box.

based on my 50mm diameter plastic car wheels and the fender chicken head knobs.

trimmer box.jpg

the wheel sare for rudder and elevator, chicken hed between them for aileron... assuming i ever need it...

The other chicken head shown is simply bauacse I have a spare axis to use. Could be a wheel instead... its a work in progress.

Im starting to think that the best setup is going to be the trimmer box on the inside edge of my Warthog Throttle, and the gear and flap levers on eth far side.

So will most likely put all three units on one common base, which itself will be clamped to the "Table Pit"

need to measure the levers up, finish the drawings, get some ply... and get this baby built !

Eek !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hmmmm....

wiring up 10 k post to the knockoff 360 controller didnt wpork very well.

three of then only give a response through one direction of travel. multimetre tells me the pots are ok.

Not sure whats up but i suspect the knockoff board is toast.

so.....

plan to use that board just for switches, and go down the Arduino routs after all for the trimmer box...

i only need three axis for that... a few more if i end up incorpoarting sime other levers at a later date.

any handy tips as the best arduino board for that?

EDIT
    Okey doke

Wiring up the inputs on an existing controller is one thing.

This Arduino thingamy looks a tad more complex.

If anyone wanst to share the magic.... im after hooking up six of so potentiometers to one of those.... plus four switches. Thats it.

Thing is i have no idea how to program the board once I'm all hooked up to it.
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; May-20-2017 at 17:19.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

This Arduino thingamy looks a tad more complex.

If anyone wanst to share the magic.... im after hooking up six of so potentiometers to one of those.... plus four switches. Thats it.

Thing is i have no idea how to program the board once I'm all hooked up to it.
    Why you want program Arduino if exist firmware (code) already done by some "expert"?*

Example, MMJoy2 for Arduino PRO Micro, Micro, Teensy 2.0, ++2.0 and others based on ATMEGA32u4. (this Arduinos cost from ~ $6 to $20)

Or EasyJoy 32 one for Arduino STM32F103C8T6 (cost ~$2.50).

What you need do is load the firmware to Arduino EPROM using default USB cable, what is easy like record a DVD.

This "joystick controller" give you:

Up to 8 axis (axis number is Windows limitation)

Up 32 buttons in Windows mode - and buttons #33 to 128 through keyboard emulation for games that don't support more than 32 - DCSW support up to 128, IL2:BoS up to 64 - old Il2's up to 32.

1 POV HAT (EasyJoy 32 One allow 4 POV HAT).

wiring up 10 k post to the knockoff 360 controller didnt wpork very well.

three of then only give a response through one direction of travel. multimetre tells me the pots are ok.
    Gamepad circuits is "shit", in some models axis is divide in two parts, why you pot respond only in one direction, besides that is difficult solder wires in their tiny contacts.

I make a throttle with one MS Sidewinder Gamepad for a colleague, but this give me lot o headache in wiring.
    Last edited by 1lokos; May-20-2017 at 18:40.

13. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Why you want program Arduino if exist firmware (code) already done by some "expert"?*

Example, MMJoy2 for Arduino PRO Micro, Micro, Teensy 2.0, ++2.0 and others based on ATMEGA32u4. (this Arduinos cost from ~ $6 to $20)

Or EasyJoy 32 one for Arduino STM32F103C8T6 (cost ~$2.50).

What you need do is load the firmware to Arduino EPROM using default USB cable, what is easy like record a DVD.

This "joystick controller" give you:

Up to 8 axis (axis number is Windows limitation)

Up 32 buttons in Windows mode - and buttons #33 to 128 through keyboard emulation for games that don't support more than 32 - DCSW support up to 128, IL2:BoS up to 64 - old Il2's up to 32.

1 POV HAT (EasyJoy 32 One allow 4 POV HAT).

Gamepad circuits is "shit", in some models axis is divide in two parts, why you pot respond only in one direction, besides that is difficult solder wires in their tiny contacts.

I make a throttle with one MS Sidewinder Gamepad for a colleague, but this give me lot o headache in wiring.
    Cheers Lokos.

You have re-enthused me !

Arduino board ordered....

I'm gonna just go for it.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Arduino board ordered...
    Oh, oh, this don't sounds good, are several "arduino boards", you need the right ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Oh, oh, this don't sounds good, are several "arduino boards", you need the right ones.
    Arduino Leonardo - Atmel ATmega32u4

the write up says its good for 8 analogues and a load of buttons.

Fingers crossed!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

17. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

OK...

so given the trouble I had with the pots on this controller board I decided to go a different route with it...

so I took apart a comms box....

The amount of wiring in it before I started was nuts... it took me an hour and a half to desolder everything, and I wasn't going slow either.

Every single wire in this box was the same colour. White. I guess easy visual repair isn't that important in military equipment !!!

Anyhoo... the comms panel has 16 switches (one of which is rotary), and one dial pot. 25K

box.jpg

Looks like I was drunk when I did that... very blurred...

Turned out like this:

box 2(1).jpg

box 2.jpg

Obviously the wood still needs painting in a suitable black....

16 switches all working as they should. and all wired in numerical order.

The POV switches are a bit odd. I hadn't really thought about it, but wired to four toggle switches... for example click the first and you get up (north)... clicked the second and you get right (east)... but click both and you get a new inpuit which is neither of the first... (northeast)... . It you click the north and the south both on they cancel out.

This could be problematic if you don't know what they are sending as regards signals... however...

it has one very good application.

select left engine... select right engine... select both engines by clicking both switches gives one input... different to those for selecting each engine separately... so actually it works really well for that applications.

Oh !!

also... as I type the rotary dial is actually giving me a full axis motion rather than half as it was earlier.
    I currently have my rudder trim set to that. Seems to work rather well.

I'm actually expecting it to go screwy again... in which case I will deactivate it. or just unassign it.

not bad,... and it really looks the part too !.

right where was i ?

Oh yeah... I was making a trimmer box with those swankey gear and flap levers attached wasn't I?

Might do that next week.....

Keep ya posted !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

19. Likes BOO, ATAG_yotheguy, Marco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The POV switches are a bit odd. I hadn't really thought about it, but wired to four toggle switches... for example click the first and you get up (north)... clicked the second and you get right (east)... but click both and you get a new inpuit which is neither of the first... (northeast)... . It you click the north and the south both on they cancel out.

This could be problematic if you don't know what they are sending as regards signals... however...
    This was OK and is inherent to POV HAT - don't exist 8 way (switches) HAT in joysticks, but a 4 switch HAT wired in specific positions of controller (for POV) that interpret two near buttons of HAT pressed simultaneous as diagonals (NE, SE, SW, NW), good for POV HAT but bad for use as individual switches.

I think you can force this (POV) switches to don't send diagonals using diodes, but is a bit complicated to explain how, basically: the diode force the signal run only in one direction, work with this to avoid that signal of one switch hit another and thus press the diagonal.
    Last edited by 1lokos; May-21-2017 at 12:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

This was OK and is inherent to POV HAT - don't exist 8 way (switches) HAT in joysticks, but a 4 switch HAT wired in specific positions of controller (for POV) that interpret two near buttons of HAT pressed simultaneous as diagonals (NE, SE, SW, NW), good for POV HAT but bad for use as individual switches.

I think you can force this (POV) switches to don't send diagonals using diodes, but is a bit complicated to explain how, basically: the diode force the signal run only in one direction, work with this to avoid that signal of one switch hit another and thus press the diagonal.
    Its so obvious when someone says it !!

I have a load of clipping diaodes that woudl do this very well.

I camnt be bothered to open it up again not, but will bear that in mind.

Cheers Lokos.

No doubt be in touch when my Arduino board arrives !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

That ICS panel is the bee's knees! Should wire up great on the Arduino. If you get stuck with MMJoy, there's also MHeironimus' joystick library.
    https://github.com/MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary
    You can have one Arduino run multiple joystick instances and do other cool stuff.

What I really like about them, is that you can custom "map" your pots to the application and create math(s) driven curves within the board without dealing with custom software on the PC side. I have rudder trim mapped to the middle of the sim's range, so it is less sensitive...yet still uses the full 10 bit range.

When you start stacking them up, there's a way to name the boards in the Arduino files, so you can distinguish between them when WIN10 does its hybernate/update scramble debacle.
    Rename_Arduino_Board.png

23. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    That ICS panel is the bee's knees! Should wire up great on the Arduino. If you get stuck with MMJoy, there's also MHeironimus' joystick library.
    https://github.com/MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary
    You can have one Arduino run multiple joystick instances and do other cool stuff.

What I really like about them, is that you can custom "map" your pots to the application and create math(s) driven curves within the board without dealing with custom software on the PC side. I have rudder trim mapped to the middle of the sim's range, so it is less sensitive...yet still uses the full 10 bit range.

When you start stacking them up, there's a way to name the boards in the Arduino files, so you can distinguish between them when WIN10 does its hybernate/update scramble debacle.
    Rename_Arduino_Board.png
    ha !

well i will be back here just as soon as I have restablishd that I have no idea what I'm doing !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

25. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    325.57 MB

This is indeed very possible. I built two little units to work with two Bodnar boards to give me those extra eight inputs per board for the button box I built last year.

This was my first attempt at this type of thing, having never soldered before in my life and having had very little to do with electronics.

My little POV Hat Switch 'Controller' board was made with strip-board and unfortunately I only took a photo of the non copper side so you can't see where I cut / bridged the strips, etc.

For those who prototype their own boards I am sure there is a more elegant solution, but this worked for me and my first foray down this particular rabbit hole!

When it comes to using these extra inputs you really have to plan your usage and ensure that you will never need to use more than one input at a time. You will also be limited therefore to momentary switches or non-latching push buttons.

As my button box is for twin engine or single engine aircraft, I have commands such as Engine #1 Start, Engine #2 Start, Select Engine #1, Select Engine #2, etc. on these inputs.

~S~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Possunt quia posse videntur (They can because they think they can) - 19 Squadron (originally Virgil)

27. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

As my button box is for twin engine or single engine aircraft, I have commands such as Engine #1 Start, Engine #2 Start, Select Engine #1, Select Engine #2, etc. on these inputs.

~S~
    and how does it look?

post a photo !

sreriously guys... this diy devices stuff is great. There is so much that isn't available that certainly i want to have. (you seen a comericialy available trimmer box?.... no ... )

i recon my switch box its 50 times better than anything i coudl buy even if it were actually avaiable.

so. Im definatly making my own throttle quadrant.

oh by the way.. the wheels i bought are no good for his...

Keep you posted on that...

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Yeh, the reason I went away from diode matrices was the issue of random inputs from simultaneous button presses.

Something the Bodnars can't do (at least I don't believe they can) is run both as a joystick or keyboard or both. That way one can avoid using the pesky WIN10 joystick re-assignments altogether if you're just using buttons.

There's ways of saving I/O slots, such as recognizing when a switch is off and (software-wise) pressing a button for that. I have a three position switch for the flaps that only burns up two of my inputs. When the selector is set to neutral, the Arduino reads that both up and down positions are off and also remembers where the last position was, thus pressing (software-wise) the correct button once to stop the flaps from moving further.

Multiple key presses or text can be set with a single button as well.

Pots make nice multi-button selector switches too if you add rolling ball plungers for detents, like on most aircraft selectors. In the arduino, you can set a specific range in the pot travel to a button/keyboard binding. Works good on the Blenny's fuel selectors (OFF-Inner-Outer). etc.

Let me know if you guys need a hand with code. I'm a noob, but it's fun to hack solutions together.
    Last edited by 69th_Zeb; May-22-2017 at 21:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    325.57 MB

and how does it look?

post a photo !

Hmmm...yes boss!

Apologies for the quality of the photo, it was taken shortly before I got rid of the huge wrap-around corner desk it is sat on and before I started creating it's own stand and building a new Clod computer!

It occurs to me that a few items might need explaining...

Firstly this button box has an integral powered USB hub for the Bodnar boards and also for two Saitek throttle quads that can (if I had two!) plug in on the left side.
    There is also the connector for the trim box on this side and now the box has its own stand I really wish I had put the connectors on the back - ho hum!

Although magnetos, feathering and fire extinguishers on British birds are currently mere imaginings of a fevered mind, I am ever hopeful that they will work properly one day.

The labels on the toggle switches in the centre unit and various other switches have magnetic backings and are removable and can be changed to whatever my little mind can come up with - as is the case here.

Various functions are controlled using Hid Macros, sadly no longer updated but a great little mapping program.

Finally if it looks like a lever it is connected to a homemade Hall sensor unit, if it has a round 'turny' knob its an encoder, if it has a chicken head knob its a potentiometer (except one that is a rotary switch) and the red button unit on the left will be made to work with TS one day!

Oh, and the Barr and Stroud is hush hush.

This is teamed up with my trim unit, MS Sidewinder FFB, Saitek throttle and pedals and the EdTracker Pro although I am just beginning to play with Trackhat.

I hope you liked the picture Seas?

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Apologies for the quality of the photo,

~S~
    That's amazing Marco !!

really great !!

I just finished (yeah right!) drawing up my plans...

the big gap in teh middle is where the warthog throttle will sit.

gear and flap levers rear left, three sliders for rads and what not on the right. Trim funcutions front left.

That's the plan at least... (until i change it depending on which parts i imagined i can get wnad which ones I actually end up with)

I plan to make the slider unit detachable at a later date because if it works nicely i will want to go down the hall sensor route later as an update.

wish me luck !!

Quadrant.jpg

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

32. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Hmmm...yes boss!

Apologies for the quality of the photo, it was taken shortly before I got rid of the huge wrap-around corner desk it is sat on and before I started creating it's own stand and building a new Clod computer!

Firstly this button box has an integral powered USB hub for the Bodnar boards and also for two Saitek throttle quads that can (if I had two!) plug in on the left side.
    There is also the connector for the trim box on this side and now the box has its own stand I really wish I had put the connectors on the back - ho hum!

Although magnetos, feathering and fire extinguishers on British birds are currently mere imaginings of a fevered mind, I am ever hopeful that they will work properly one day.

The labels on the toggle switches in the centre unit and various other switches have magnetic backings and are removable and can be changed to whatever my little mind can come up with - as is the case here.

Various functions are controlled using Hid Macros, sadly no longer updated but a great little mapping program.

Finally if it looks like a lever it is connected to a homemade Hall sensor unit, if it has a round 'turny' knob its an encoder, if it has a chicken head knob its a potentiometer (except one that is a rotary switch) and the red button unit on the left will be made to work with TS one day!

This is teamed up with my trim unit, MS Sidewinder FFB, Saitek throttle and pedals and the EdTracker Pro although I am just beginning to play with Trackhat.

~S~

A+ work for sure! I hope to make my own trim/button box someday and can't get enough inspiration from this thread.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Love it Marco. Elegant and looks like it's easy to work on with plenty of room. I like the radio box on the right and the gun-sight parts.

I also think you can never go wrong with having everything the aircraft had available, in the hopes that there will at least be one game developer out there interested in serious WW2 sims. I had Beaufighters, Blenheims & B-25s in mind when I made mine.

@Highseas: CAD is the way to go. For prototyping for usability, I also like using manila paper for sheet-metal projects or cardboard for wood projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post

@Highseas: CAD is the way to go.
    yep.. that's what I'm using.

havent put and dims on it yet but it will print 1:1 so scould just cut from templates.

Was messing about with a cardboard mock up last night and repositioned parts because of where my hands naturally want to fall.

The layout I posted is a bit of a compromise but something I can easilly live with.

Really love Marcos one though. It's taking up very little space and looks the nuts !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Hmmm...yes boss!

~S~
    Very cool!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    325.57 MB

For Zeb and Seas,

By way of dimensions my box measures 880mm x 350mm x 175mm high, these dimensions being at the widest, deepest, etc.

As far as planning goes there is only so much you can do with lists and wishes, the longer you take to move it on from this point the more you will change the plan and the more time it will take up!

Always try a mock up to get the spacing right for your controls and switches and swap it around until you're happy with the layout then go to CAD - something I don't have so I used CorelDraw.

When you think you're happy with it, leave it for a day or so and then go back and change it to match your new thinking... then build it before you change your mind again!!!

'Last minute improvements' can happen organically as you build.

I found that once I started building the 'improvements' were only small and things progressed fairly well, the planning phase went on for what seemed like ages and reams of paper.

The trouble is that once you finish and have it all working, you get an idea for bigger and better things.

Oh and bye the way, those black square blob type areas with labels underneath on my button box are actually covered push buttons...just in case you'd missed it.

The gun sight is four micro switches activated by the two calibrated wheels which I made out of 6mm polycarbonate then some shaped MDF and labels for dressing.

I wish you the best of fun building your own units, mine was a journey and a half and I learned a hell of a lot along the way...now if someone would please put a Mossie into Clod or DCS!!

~S~

38. Likes farley, 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

'Last minute improvements' can happen organically as you build.

I found that once I started building the 'improvements' were only small and things progressed fairly well, the planning phase went on for what seemed like ages and reams of paper.
    yeah... a few cardboard mockups has mage me change how things were.

My intent was to have each section as a separate entity all mounde on one base plate, the idea being that eany one o those could be reworked without messing with the whole thing. Its really just the realtive height of each module now i think.

and its felxible enough to allow me to fine tune that in the final build.

will go buy materials at the weekend and get on with it !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Here's some of my wacky design cycle. I like to figure out if stuff can be done electrically/programming wise, then my imagination goes out of control for a while. ha

Design_Sketch.jpg

41. Likes Marco, BOO, Sn8ke_iis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

OK Kids !!

I Hva emy Arduino board....

I have the IDE thingy installed... and it wants code....

Figured id also add the gun sight controlls and the compass / gyro on as momentart switches so for what im biulding i want to plug in 6 potentiometers, and 8 switches.

Might add more at some point...

so anyway....

Im stumped on this.

Is there some place i can just download a bit of code that tells the boards it is a joystick with 6 analogues inputs and however many switches it supports thereafter... looks like 13 on teh boards

i have zero idea what teh other inputs are for scl sda aref iorefand so on...

its a Leonardo R3 A000057... with headers, so will connect stuff up via pins rather than direct to the board.

I can solder plenty well, it's just the code and what goes where on teh board that i have no clue on !!

no massive rush... i plan to build the phyical parts in the mean time and worry about wiring it up later !

Cheers fellas

'Seas

Edit.

I got the blinking led example to upload fine....

So uploading isn't a problem. Just need the code and an idea of which pins are used.
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; May-25-2017 at 09:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I Hva emy Arduino board....

I have the IDE thingy installed... and it wants code....
    Man, don't wast time with "code sketches", try MMJoy2 firmware, take you 3 minutes to flash - my "how to":

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...y2#entry440340

You don't need change code lines for customize the "joystick controller", this is done in graphical interface.

I not say that is the "best" option, but is the more practical for novices and has hundreds of users around in sim forums to give tips.

44. Likes BOO liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast