Thread: Aces High, a massive multiplayer flight sim needs your help on steam greenlight

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Aces High, a massive multiplayer flight sim needs your help on steam greenlight

Vote Yes, so it's makes it onto steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=931022855

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Aces High, a massive multiplayer flight sim needs your help on steam greenlight

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Aces High, a massive multiplayer flight sim needs your help on steam greenlight

Voted "Yes" on Steam.

The more players that get onto WW2 flight sims online means the more likelihood that they will give Cliffs of Dover, BoX, and DCS a try, too!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes! Spread the word guys! The more people fly WW2 sims the better for all of us !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I'm happy to help the flight sim community...

If I log into my STEAM account with the link above and insert my password too...isn't that giving my login info to a 3rd party that I don't know?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Clicked.

Here's hoping.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I'm happy to help the flight sim community...

If I log into my STEAM account with the link above and insert my password too...isn't that giving my login info to a 3rd party that I don't know?
    This is the official steam page.

However i am cautious as you are, and you can go just to the official steam page ---> community ------> greenlight ----> search for aces high in greenlight list.

After you are at AH page, you will notice the link is the same, cheers.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.09 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Meh.

AH was pretty much my go to multiplayer game for over 10 years. This said, I can't think of a good reason to fly the cartoon skies of AH again. Fun for it's time for sure, but in my opinion it's time has passed. It's one true selling point is the massive multiplayer aspect, but the servers rarely have more than a 200 these days.

Still, having it on Steam would be a good thing to attract players to more realistic sims like CLoD, DCS or BoX....so I voted yes.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I'll vote if you PROMISE not to post that video with an Iron Maiden soundtrack on here. Maan those boys never let the lack of a vocal melody get in the way of a flash guitar riff did they?
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

11. Likes invictus84 liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    I'll vote if you PROMISE not to post that video with an Iron Maiden soundtrack on here. Maan those boys never let the lack of a vocal melody get in the way of a flash guitar riff did they?
    lol

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 MB

The game has been Greenlit, awesome !

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's live on steam now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

How is it I've never tried any of the aces high series

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_NakedSquirrel View Post
    How is it I've never tried any of the aces high series
    If your into SpaceInvaders, Pacman or Tetris, you will looooove it.

I am going to say it, so no poor sap gets sucked in with romantic nostalgia of supporting another flight sim. If you want fictional game play, no real updates of consequence, rail gun shooting or a flightsim that will accomodate a computer which should have long ago been updated, then pay your money and give it a whirl.

Being on steam doesn't mean its good. Don't get me wrong tho. It WAS good. I spent many years playing it from early AH to the latest AH. I did so because I enjoyed it. It was fun. I wasn't looking for something serious and some of the planes in there are nice to fly. (Read CloD needs the Mosquito!)

However, the many updates the game had and it had many, didn't actually result in anything visually tangible (one graphics update excepting). Lots of updates that made you think someone cared but the game remained the same.

The main population remained in the Rook, Bishop and. Knight, 3 Airforce server. The 2 side servers weren't generally always populated, tho did hold some good events.

The population dwindled down to the you cant say anything bad about this sim crowd and when I finally left onl the diehards remained. Steam may see that population increase. Good luck to them, but they also need a serious rework of that game to attract anyone serious. Last I knew, you couldn't tell them that and they didn't want to know. Fair enough also, it is after all their game and they claimed that niche.

I wouldn't bother with it now tho. I doubt anything above will change at all.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Not played it... but... retro simming can be epically great.

Even after the "online community" has dwindeled (if your retro game even had such a thing) Rowan's Overlord didn't. and even if it did you would be hard pressed to buy the "phone-a-gizmo" needed to plug it in at 52kb (if you could remotely aford that) to play a grand sum of nobody else at all who could also aford such wizardry.

In reality for online play.. erm... 2000 at absolute best if you were utterly loaded... and all your friends were. so... no. it was all single player and awesome none the less.

There is still a tonne of fun in old flight sims.

I got Rise of Flight recently which is an utter blast (and that has the voodoo of the post 2000 interweb.. HOLY FREEKIN -EEEK !!!! )

You can still fly with a wing man... over the interweb!!!!!

I've read here on this forum that ROF is dead... but it sure as hell isn't if you are flying it.

So.. my take :

Long live flight sims. old... new... and the ones still in the brew.

Long live me... long live you... .. "ooo-be-doo-be-doo-be-doo"

poetic innit?

Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Aug-29-2017 at 19:50.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

20. Likes ATAG_Vampire, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    If your into SpaceInvaders, Pacman or Tetris, you will looooove it.

My Caveat to that above;

Some games you simply have to love

Sonic? Mario? been there before?

How 'bout Golden Eye

N64 !!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

22. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    415.4 KB

You should learn the dr.1, seas
    Absolute joy to fight in
    ZG26_Sir_Racha - The Sauce that Bites

Bf-110 staffel leader
    ZG26 "Horst Wessel"
    3U+RN

Join the fight with the 51! Bf-110 staffel or Bf-109 staffel positions open!
    Contact anyone with the JG51 or ZG26 tag (Hop in our section in the ATAG TS and fly out with us!) or message Teetwo or Ogg (Bf-109), or Myself (Bf-110).
    Merciless and Cruel
    ))) BRUTAL AND AGGRESSIVE (((

24. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    My Caveat to that above;

Some games you simply have to love

Sonic? Mario? been there before?

How 'bout Golden Eye

N64 !!
    I was never a Sonic/Mario sort of chap.

However, 'Golden Eye' on N64 is another thing. Really loved that game.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

I like 'Rise of Flight' and need to fly it some more.

Enjoyed our sorties over the Western Front a few weeks back Seas. Great fun. Like Tiger Moths with guns!

Need to get a map with the Bristol fighter in it though.

Problem is I always need my CloD 'fix'. Not that I'm addicted you understand. I could give it up at anytime!!!?

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

To be honest I dont see a point in flying any of the MMO flight sims of old anymore. They had their primetime in the late '90s to early 2000s but seem to not have evolved at all since then. If I want a quick, casual flight-sim fix I fire up WarThunder, pick one of the hundreds of aircraft available there, pick a battle and go. Besides I never liked the artistic freedom that sims like AH3 took in regards to cockpits for example, with stall horns and digital ammo counters in every single aircraft.

28. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    694.9 KB

After reading reviews on steam it seems there is a 2 week free to play then a $15.00 a month subscription WTF now that's worse than pay to win...pay to play.

I'm thinking a one off 15 buck payment would be too high...

Too arcade for me I'll stick with Cliffs and BMS 4.33