Thread: EAF79_Vortex

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

EAF79_Vortex

EAF79_Vortex Completing the Agent Extraction Mission. Great Job mate!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147402339

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: EAF79_Vortex

Great job...Ive never seen it done before...Must be very rewarding

Fantastic idea from the mission builder too...for the agent sortie...I wouldnt have thought of it for the server...Adds to the fun...and something different to bombing...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Combat pilot No.119_Marshy (VK-M)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That was great fun last night, including Rimmer's inadvertent distraction in his Blennie. Bit of a mess over French Point, but I suppose it kept Vortex free?

Nice video too

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Cheers Marshy.

It went exactly to plan for me tbh (well, would have been nice not to get shot down but them's the breaks). I had concentrated on Sinking the Tankers and was Bingo Bombs and thought "Hey, seeing as I'm half way over the channel anyway I might just run Interference for Vortex". Worked out perfectly, I arrived as he was taking back off and 2 109's picked the wrong Blennie to concentrate on and Vortex made a beautiful clean getaway. Was Awesome and after jumping into Vortex's Gunner seat we picked up 3 friendlies who provided cover all the way home.

5. Likes Don_Quijote, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Great job, Guys.

We fell hook, line, and sinker for that one. Good trick for sure.

I intercepted that first Blenhiem South of Dunkirk. Shot him down and then questioned why it was so easy.

We soon found out why. Nice flying, Vortex.

~S~

Combat pilot No.119_Marshy (VK-M)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I was one of the three

Also found your soundbite salute at the end particularly amusing...

Hadn't realised that you were taking pot shots at me as I beat up the runway at the end!

Supporting Member EAF331 Starfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.14 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Great job...Ive never seen it done before...Must be very rewarding

Fantastic idea from the mission builder too...for the agent sortie...I wouldnt have thought of it for the server...Adds to the fun...and something different to bombing...~S~

Is that an invitation to mission builders?

Someone in EAF did a series of C-47 missions in the old IL-2 1946. There are reason why this could not be repeated in France.

* Supply missions to the Resistance
    * Picking up high value prisoners
    * Picking up escaping scientists

It is a shame that we does not have a flyable Lysander in the game

I am no good with missions for Clod.
    Who builds mission for the ATAG server?
    "....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
    - Chris Kubasik
    "But ignorence still prevails" -Starfire

9. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

The FMB in COD is as easy as old IL 2, it is when it comes to triggers and coding it become a bit difficult. But as I understand it, if you take on the task there are a secret missionbuilder community that will come and get you, they will take a bit of your blood and make you swear to keep all you are about to learn to yourself, and then they will guide you gentle to your goal

11. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    95.3 KB

~S~

Many thanks indeed gents! Been a long time since my heart was racing and sweaty hands on the controls preying it would come off!!! Was awesome and I'll check the video out laters! But it was a team effort and the mission would not have been completed without the fine assistance from all the others, especially from Rimmer in the other Blennie!

HOWEVER, I can't take the credit for being the first time this mission was completed, ATAG_Jeepy completed it some weeks ago this time with me in his rear gunners seat after wiping out my Blennie at the agent pick up point!
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2GHz Kaby Lake overclocked to 4.60GHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero -Z Intel Z97 (Socket 1151)
    RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Dual 3000Mhz, GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11Gb GDDR5X, OS: Windows 10
    SSD: Samsung M2 EVO 500Gb, Joystick: Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Monitor: ASUS PG348Q and TrackIR5

13. Likes DRock, ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by _79_Vortex View Post
    ~S~

Many thanks indeed gents! Been a long time since my heart was racing and sweaty hands on the controls preying it would come off!!! Was awesome and I'll check the video out laters! But it was a team effort and the mission would not have been completed without the fine assistance from all the others, especially from Rimmer in the other Blennie!

HOWEVER, I can't take the credit for being the first time this mission was completed, ATAG_Jeepy completed it some weeks ago this time with me in his rear gunners seat after wiping out my Blennie at the agent pick up point!
    Stressful, huh?

Try picking up the Axis agent next time. That's a tough pick-up, for sure. Not a lot of room to land, and no room for error. He doesn't stop talking once aboard, either. ; )

Picking up the agent requires a lot of skill, and teamwork. Although, the fate of the game is on the shoulders of Agents plane. The feeling of relief when you successfully drop him off is incredible.

I loved the fact that you fooled us on this mission. By that, I mean me, for the most part. I was the first to find Rimmer and helped take him down. Rimmer put himself in the exact position needed to pull that off. Great job on him. I told my teammates the agent was probably dead, but we wouldn't find out until time ran out.

Axis won't make this mistake again.

Good teamwork, and great flying, Vortex.

~S~

15. Likes ATAG_Vortex, ♣_Spiritus_♣, BOO liked this post
    Supporting Member EAF331 Starfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.14 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    The FMB in COD is as easy as old IL 2, it is when it comes to triggers and coding it become a bit difficult. But as I understand it, if you take on the task there are a secret missionbuilder community that will come and get you, they will take a bit of your blood and make you swear to keep all you are about to learn to yourself, and then they will guide you gentle to your goal
    That is what I am trying to avoid....getting involved in building missions.
    We are currently flying 3 different Sims and since my time are a limit resource, I have to prioritize the one closest to a SEOW like campaign WITH a ground-war....
    (The one closest to contain a sufficient amount of attack aircrafts on both sides AND a in-game control of resources seems not to be Clod. A shame becourse the aircrafts looks really good when they are damaged)
    "....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
    - Chris Kubasik
    "But ignorence still prevails" -Starfire