Thread: settings

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

settings

hi all, I came back after more than 1 year ... i see the new mod version and i installed but there is something wrong so i want to reinstall from scratch but i do not want to lose my setting for command, Keys, joystick etc, so which are the files i do have to save and copy after the reinstallation of clod ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Re: settings

Hello,
    welcome back,

just go to your documents and there you will see a folder called 1C Softclub,
    copy it and paste it somewhere, if you uninstall the game I dont think it will delete that folder but you never know..

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

ok I go there and there are 2 subs:
    a) il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
    b) il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

so here there are all my personal settings from Keys to hotas etc, right ?

i save them to be sure, then i can disinstall the game in steam and afterward reinstall it and that's all to fly right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Yes,

Yes,

Once installed,
    on steam make sure you dont forget to open properties > betas and click on Teamfusionupdate

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Yes - in the Il2 Sturmovik Cliff of Dover MOD folder-

You can just copy the configs (conf, confs, conuser, and user (that is your currently saved loadouts etc) and any custom binding files you have) - be sure you have your custom bindings named (save as) and saved as a file in the folder and you haven't just hit apply in game.

If you have a skin collection, move that folder too then just paste it back in once you are ready.

Once you reinstall the game you need to uncheck the "cloud synchronisation" box in steam for the game otherwise your settings wont stick.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

A Good Technique:

Before doing anything, open the Windows File Explorer to [ C:\My Documents\1C SoftClub\] and rename [il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] by placing an "x" in front of it. This will drive the new [xil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] to the bottom of the folder list.

Then Install the game per instructions. Replace the game generated [il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] folder with the [xil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] folder, then remove the "x" with another rename. After you're sure that all is well, you may delete [xil-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] from the bottom of the list if you like.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jun-23-2017 at 08:37.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

7. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Installed this on my Windows 10 puter, it opens okay but going to settings I tried to up the resolution. Seemed to go well but restart had same small window with the image increased to the selected resolution (cut off at the edges). To top that off the settings page was cut off and the cursor will not show so I can't select anything at this time. Not sure if this is a W 10 issue because the original IL-2 worked like a champ on my old Vista laptop. Help if able...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hi Longknife

I assume you have the game AND the Team fusion beta installed?

This is a long shot to perhaps get you back to where you started and I may well be talking out of my hat but:

Go to My Documents/1C Soft Club/IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - MOD

Look for a file called "conf" and open it with notepad or similar (save a copy on your desktop just in case too)

near to the top should be an entry that looks like this:

[window]
    DepthBits =24
    StencilBits=8
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0
    Render=D3D10_0
    width=1920
    height=1080
    posLeft=0
    posTop=0
    ColourBits=32
    FullScreen=1
    ChangeScreenRes=1
    Frequency=60
    StereoMode=0

This is mine for how I'm set up on a 1080P screen at 60hz, full screen

If that looks ok, perhaps go into Steam/Library

Right click on IL2 Cliff of Dover and look for "properties" - Then launch options and make sure nothing funky is in there (type in "autoconfig" to reset the defaults. Also make sure that the cloud synchronisation is unchecked. (I doubt its steam but then again.....)

Best of luck

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey BOO thanks, I have both IL2-46 and Cliffs of Dover. Sorry wasn't clear but the issue is occurring in my 46 game loading. If I switch my puter to 1280x768 first the game loads okay but I can't go higher then this without the cut off screen even if I set my puter back to 1920x1080 and select the game setting for the same it does the cut off without cursor capability. I did check the config file, looks right for the current setting (1280x768) and plays and displays fine as long as I remember to change my puter res to that setting before entering the game.
    Cliffs of Dover is next, and yes I have the steam version with Team Fusion updates selected so when I get that installed I will see if this issue is persistent or only 46 related.

Thanks for the intel! Longknife27

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

you might want to copy your problem over to the 1946 forum - stands a better chance of someone familiar with it going "oooooo"

Don't think there is any harm in duplication for sommat like this!

Best of luck!

BOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Will do BOO, I searched "setting" and it brought me to this forum. Will post in the 46 and hopefully see you all in the Cliffs soon. LK