Thread: Quickest way to let a friend fly and shoot up trains or planes or ground equipment ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quickest way to let a friend fly and shoot up trains or planes or ground equipment ?

Hi,
    A friend called in and wanted a quick go on the sim, shoot something up etc.
    Just what settings missions single or otherwise player should I have chosen as we couldnt find something to shoot at within 30 secs of 'fly' being activated.

even axis attack convoy with the matador truck and aa gun , we started out over the water and never found it.

I am not familiar with such missions yet, still dabbling with skins etc, so wasnt much help !

Also the Me109E kept climbing, constant forward stick pressure to keep level. Is there a fix for that ?

BOBC

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    642.36 MB

Re: Quickest way to let a friend fly and shoot up trains or planes or ground equipmen

HI!
    you must activate 2 keys or an axe ( the better!) to operate the elevator trim.
    The function must be easy to be reach 'cause the plane has to be trimmed moment by moment even in a dogfight to "tight" a turn or aim the target better.

Bye
    Caster and...

Good Luck!!!

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Quickest way to let a friend fly and shoot up trains or planes or ground equipmen

Trim as mentioned by Caster and you can make your own missions rather quickly in the FMB. You could set up what you want as a single mission in a matter of 2 minutes.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Trim as mentioned by Caster and you can make your own missions rather quickly in the FMB. You could set up what you want as a single mission in a matter of 2 minutes.
    I am unfamiliar with FMB as such for creating anything more than a simple flight for colour testing, any premade missions anyone can get to me are welcome.

Has anyone a mission I can load that gets me into the thick of the action within moments ?

Friends dont want to cross the channel for 10 mins, then try and find a target. I am surprised none of the default missions have a quick action for those impatient to cross the sea.Flying the 109E all language is in german so we havent a clue where we should be heading, not long into flight and we have lost our unit, what aids are there to stay with the unit. Is there an auto pilot that at least gets us to the target ? I am forever drifting away from them. No idea what direction I should be heading in.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

QM with things to make "boom" near.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...d&downloadid=4

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

ref 2 mins to use FMB for set up instant action, I have followed Phil Style youtube videos on FMB, 2hrs of viewing, though he says will next add another aircraft set in to interact, the videos dont do that, I cant find it by letting the next one turn up, then the next one, as they do in youtube. after Ju88 route, next is windsock, airfield spawning and more airfield work.

Any links to FMB creating an intercept videos welcome.

as such not managed yet to make FMB for axis intercept allies.

BOBC

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

You're falling into the fmb rabbit hole if you are watching Philstyle's videos. They are great and that is how I started, but your initial question was about instant action. The fmb can suck out your soul if you aren't careful

Open the fmb, pick your map, place the type of aircraft you want to fly, then make sure you check the box that says player. After that, right click on map, click deselect, then add a new object, by default it will be set to aircraft. Choose whatever, you want to shoot up things so pick static, then go to vehicles, place a bunch in an area near your aircraft. Then add anything else you want. Trains have to be placed on tracks and given a waypoint along those tracks to actually move.

That should get you what you want as far as start mission, point nose down, start shooting.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    Thanks for reply, opened a new door....
    I am now into FMB, this is addictive.
    I set up Ju88 raid on Hawkinge with Spit intercept. This has vast potential. Makes mew want to create accurate Hawkinge layout, bowsers, Crossleys etc, E pens and so on, will suck my time dry for sure !
    Could do with an in depth vid on creating an entire red v blue mission, take off's , time issues at the moment.
    wish though I could get bombs to drop, will study 1lokos thread replying to how to load bombs by another poster, maybe best to load up outside of FMB.

better than any TV !

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    QM with things to make "boom" near.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...d&downloadid=4
    Cheers 1lokos, he could get his basic gunnery skills sorted with that. he mastered the stick eventually , small inputs I kept saying, too wild he was.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for reply, opened a new door....
    I am now into FMB, this is addictive.
    I set up Ju88 raid on Hawkinge with Spit intercept. This has vast potential. Makes mew want to create accurate Hawkinge layout, bowsers, Crossleys etc, E pens and so on, will suck my time dry for sure !
    Could do with an in depth vid on creating an entire red v blue mission, take off's , time issues at the moment.
    wish though I could get bombs to drop, will study 1lokos thread replying to how to load bombs by another poster, maybe best to load up outside of FMB.

better than any TV !

BOBC
    #1: Make sure bombs are loaded on the aircraft.

#2: Make sure bombs are armed before dropping them.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    #1: Make sure bombs are loaded on the aircraft.

#2: Make sure bombs are armed before dropping them.

Will do,
    Thanks.
    maybe it requires arming and bombing up outside of FMB properties panel to fix my gremlins.

The crew would initiate arming when in flight, if arming is the act of charging the fuses, if I am running autopilot, which I was, would that arms the bombs in flight ?

...or is arming the act of inserting the fuses, in which case that would be done prior to loading into aircraft., by me and a control panel.

I will go and find answers in the manual on that when I get 5 mins., have I an interesting observation there ?

BOBC