Thread: Dude..Seriously? You gonna take that spitfire again?

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Dude..Seriously? You gonna take that spitfire again?

There a little bit of "harrumph" towards the ole Blenni I think. The Blues get all the toys, bigger loadouts and cannons for sure but, seriously, Bristol's finest is one seriously sweet aeroplane. You should try it if you haven't. And you should try it again if you already have

Of course tooling along on your own for hours on end isn't everyone's cup of tea and I totally get why the Spit is more exciting in terms of "bustin da moves" but when you're one of 6 reds on a server, with little or no opposition, instead of waiting for the time to run down so you can order up the next totally soft AI raid in, why not get out in pairs or small groups and go have some fun!! Honestly 2 or 3 blenis (or 110s) working as a team is something quite beautiful!

Lots of the maps have numerous targets that can be killed with bombs or guns, so take a IV and a IVF. Or an IV and couple of hurricanes. Setting out with a purpose, in formation is not only fun but hones your formation skills and your nav. Additionally, and I know this may come as a shock to many of you fighter jocks, but there is this place called France that's a real challenge to navigate across......I know!.....the map doesn't stop 3 miles inland of Calais......it was a revelation to me as well!!

Locating and hitting the targets is a challenge too - much more that nailing a dozy Do (17) with its uninterested gunners, or trolling up and down from Cap Griz Nez to the sandy spit for an hour at thirty daft thousand feet.

And when you can navigate to, find and nail the brothel at Amiens, the HQ at Theouanne or the column near some wood near some small town in the middle of nowhere whilst flying at treetop height, go see if you can hit it from 12,000 ft. And when you can do that, learn the way of the Snargle and watch your kill tally match or even beat most of the hotshots on the server as you take out 109 after 109 with your rear gunner or "special reserve" 250.

Like I say it isn't everyone's bag and your no lesser a person for wanting to stick to your 8 guns......

But if you are tempted to give it go - and if you see me or another blenni on - come and join me or ask them if they want some company! Its a lonely ole life bombing stuff and trying to win maps watching the time tick down as20 reds circle ships waiting for the 1 109 in the game to show up......

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dude..Seriously? You gonna take that spitfire again?

So with you on that boo. Getting the old camper van out and going for a tour over in France. Or betting still getting to France without getting shot at is a challenge to it's self. Nothing speaks team work is when your with another camper van and you hit a target on one run and take it out of the game between you both. Its an amazing feeling. I did this very thing with red last night .

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

3. Likes Gromit, Dai-San, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I think the blenni jocks are sometimes too shy in asking each other if they want to pair up too. I know I am.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

5. Likes Dai-San liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

I'm always up for a twosome

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Bring Drock too - a menage a trois so to speak

Anything more becomes a seething orgy of destruction....................... which is cool...........

8. Likes Dai-San liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

I am afraid I will always stay a fighter jockey, meanwhile prefering the Hurri to the Spit.
    But my first attempt with the Blennie on Sunday morning was a whole lot of fun and it will not be the last one, also i most probably will not bother with navigation and high altitude level bombing. And I am really, really exited about the Beaufighter to come.

In our FG28 Ceaser loves the Blennie and was always (and unsuccessfully) trying to lure us into bombing. If you are flying Sunday morning or Tuesday evening, I'm sure he will be glad to team up.

10. Likes BOO liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I always ask to join up with other camper vans not to mention calling out blind over the RT to who where alt and target. In the hopes some one will say..hay I'm near there..I'll cover you ..or hay. I'm in a camper van too..I'll join ya

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

12. Likes BOO, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm very interested to know where these Blenheims are meeting up.