Thread: Photobucket BEWARE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Photobucket BEWARE!

Just seen a couple of my posts which now have a 'Please update your account' message where my embedded pics use to be...Hmmm....so I look into it and...

Message from metafilter site...:

''Photobucket rolled out a new update to its TOS on June 26th with just a small, innocuous blog post as an announcement. Users have been finding out about it as their embedded images on other sites have turned into placeholders telling them to update their accounts, and as Photobucket has rolled out email notifications telling them that if they want to keep embedding images, they have to pay $399/year.''

http://www.metafilter.com/167973/Ple...-Party-Hosting

So I am now going to use 'Imgur'...The problem is for all those hundreds of pics that I already have posted on this and many other sites will have to be re-addressed to change the pics...Needless to say a massive amount of work...Thanks Photobucket...I never paid for Photobucket...so maybe its ok for them to do this...but I guess I would have at least liked to know that this may have been an eventuality from the beginning when I registered...

Either way...I apologise if you see some of my posts now with that message from Photobucket...I'll be working on it from now on...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Re: Photobucket BEWARE!

Love the sig Lew
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

for google-Chrome users there is an extention which Fixes Photobucket images with the 3rd-party hosting warning.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...m_source=gmail

cheers Stormrider
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

4. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I've always used imgur. Quick, fast, easy, and never fails.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

What is "imgur" ???

Is this site like photobucket ?

Or, can I eat this ?

it is sweet or salty ?

please tell me,

I got a same promblem with "photobucket"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I used Imgur for the first time a few years ago...and have been using it ever since although more recently as my first photosharing site...Its a slightly different format to photobucket but its just as good and gets done what you wanted Photobucket to do...and its free...and free to embed pics too...I'd recommend it

Photobucket has become unusable for me...Pop up adds constantly loading and scripts becoming unresponsive... Chrome ,IE and Firefox all seem to have issues with it...It has really turned into a nightmare...GET RID OF IT!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

8. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I've also used Photobucket for years but I've stopped using it because it is become almost unusable.

Its main disadvantages at this point ( and the worst ones ) in my opinion are:

- Very frequent unplanned website updates that will leave you with your images not available for hours without any kind of information provided by them in anticipation about the website updates\maintenance ( very very annoying )

- Extremely slow for an external user to load the images of interest

- Lot of adds and pop-ups

- User support practically not existing ( Also if you are a premium\pro user )

Good points instead:

- It's free ( but there are a lot of other similar applications that are far more better )

- You can password an album

Personally I've started using in the last year the application named " postimage.org " and I'm very happy with it because:

Good

- It's completely free

- It's fast

- Very easy registration to create an account

- You can chose the image expiration date ( a certain date or never )

- Very fast both in upload and download

- Extremely easy and intuitive to be used

- So far it works like a charm and it is very reliable and stable

- No adds\pop-ups\etc

- Easy to create different albums

- You have no size limit of any kind about the images or the total quantity of them that you can upload in your album\s

- Very good and quick user's support service if you need to contact them for some reason

Not good

You can not set a password for your created albums ( this is the only option missing to render it perfect in my opinion )

You can find it here if you want try it ( Highly suggested ): https://postimages.org/

My feedback so far: 5 stars ( or 10 if you prefer the vote system )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-20-2017 at 00:15.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

One additional note: Stay away also from TinyPic...it's a little bit better than Photobucket but it is linked to it so every time that Photobucket will be down for maintenance the same will be for TinyPic...in brief...feedback: the worthy abort of the main nightmare!!!!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals