Thread: CLoD not starting up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.03 MB

CLoD not starting up...

Hello chaps,

I've been using CloD several months. Using the latest TF patch. Everything has worked fine for me for the most part until now. Today when I click the launcher, it hangs up on the target "MOD" logo. This is the classic issue people had before applying the TF patches.

Windows 10 downloaded a bunch of updates yesterday. CloD worked fine before, now it doesn't. Jumped through some hoops to remove them, but to no avail. I don't know if Windows actually gives you full control to remove every update, so I still suspect an update as the issue.

After several restart attempts, I got this error message from the launcher:

Code:
    The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll.
    I don't have a clue, and don't have a ton of free time to mess around with this. I took over 6 months on and off just to get CLoD running.

Any ideas? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kestrel
    Kestrel

GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core SSD: 240GB HDD: 1TB OS: Windows 10 Monitor: ASUS LED 25" 1920x1080 1 ms Gaming Monitor Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Quadrant: Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant Head Tracking: Trackhat Clip

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: CLoD not starting up...

That error is typical of some directx overlay messing up with the game.
    It could be anything from a reshader to your GPU drivers installing one.

3. Likes Kestrel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.03 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    That error is typical of some directx overlay messing up with the game.
    It could be anything from a reshader to your GPU drivers installing one.
    Thanks, that kind of narrows it down. But where do I start? What should I do exactly?

Haven't had any GPU or reshader changes since it last worked...
    Kestrel

GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core SSD: 240GB HDD: 1TB OS: Windows 10 Monitor: ASUS LED 25" 1920x1080 1 ms Gaming Monitor Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Quadrant: Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant Head Tracking: Trackhat Clip

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Start by deleting anything like:

Reshade from the Cliffs root folder - see yoyos postings on exactly what to remove.

Graphics card "Tune Up" stuff - Afterburner, Rivatuner etc - anything that used to put an overlay on the screen for stuff like FPS and memory clocks.

Nvidia (bad) Expereince.

After that if its still dicky perhaps find the "Redist" file in your Cliffs folder and run the repair on the DX stuff (lots of files but the one that looks like it should launch sommat does)

Unt finally - reinstall your GPU driver as a last resort.

Stuff like this happens now and then - fortunately its never critical (usually)

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

6. Likes Kestrel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.03 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Start by deleting anything like:

Reshade from the Cliffs root folder - see yoyos postings on exactly what to remove.

Graphics card "Tune Up" stuff - Afterburner, Rivatuner etc - anything that used to put an overlay on the screen for stuff like FPS and memory clocks.

Nvidia (bad) Expereince.

After that if its still dicky perhaps find the "Redist" file in your Cliffs folder and run the repair on the DX stuff (lots of files but the one that looks like it should launch sommat does)

Unt finally - reinstall your GPU driver as a last resort.

Stuff like this happens now and then - fortunately its never critical (usually)

Regards

BOO
    Thanks for the tips!

I managed to fix the problem. It was apparently related to a reshader I had recently enabled in my game. It worked with it fine before now, so I didn't suspect it.

But, more importantly, it works now. Thanks Colander and Boo for the help! (If I had to figure this out by trial and error, this could have taken weeks lol)
    Kestrel

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Glad you're back up and running - you can try reinstalling Reshade now too since the update may have junk funked stuff up a bit. . Nothing lost if you liked it now you know how easy it is to remove.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"