Thread: Zoom to ground for object placement loses location for final zoom scale.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Zoom to ground for object placement loses location for final zoom scale.

Hi,

when zooming in with scrollwheel to place buildings and smaller objects, we need a decent working scale., how is this achieved ?
    For me I see a dispersal hut 10mm long on screen then next click of scroll wheel and I see just grass blades, yet I was over the building, its nowhere to be seen by moving mouse about, eventually I find it but now its far too big. I can see that it has been possible to place a chess board on a table, and place deckchairs carefully in an arc by a table, so a useful zoom scale has been achieved.

How is this done ? Do you guys also experience loss of location for the final zoom scale ?

Cheers

BOBC

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Zoom to ground for object placement loses location for final zoom scale.

There isn't infinite zoom distances. You'll find where to stop, then just hit enter to enter 3d mode, much easier to place objects in 3d view rather than birds eye view.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Oh and if you don't like the 3d world then just left shift and click to highlight a certain area at whatever zoom level. If you use that rather than zooming freely and the 3d world it is basically impossible to get lost.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    much easier to place objects in 3d view rather than birds eye view.
    I cant seem to select anything unless I am in birds eye view though. I cant get a decent scale to work at. When I am down at ground level by hitting enter on numpad mouse movement just swings the view. cant select anything.

I see that, if you hold shift down and drag a box out, it will zoom to that box, so as you say you can locate an area that way, think thats what you meant by 'left shift and click'., but in 3D view as such I cant select items.

BOBC