Thread: Custom skins??

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Custom skins??

I've noticed that there aren't too many custom skins for the 109s ...or are there and I'm just not finding them. I'm thinking about buying DCS but I'm a big fan of detail as far as the Jagdeschwaders and I think it would be great to see more 109 skins out there or as I said before are there lots out there already and I'm not finding them..Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Re: Custom skins??

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    I've noticed that there aren't too many custom skins for the 109s ...or are there and I'm just not finding them. I'm thinking about buying DCS but I'm a big fan of detail as far as the Jagdeschwaders and I think it would be great to see more 109 skins out there or as I said before are there lots out there already and I'm not finding them..Thanks

Hi IIJG27Rich
    Here is a link to the User Files where the custom skins are uploaded
    hope this helps Buddy
    Regards
    Keith

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c..._filter=Filter
    Last edited by KeefyBoy; Aug-13-2017 at 15:47.

3. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Have a look for Porco Rosso's normal maps too. They add a lot off "nice" to the view from the pit. If his skins work in 2.1 they are amongst the best for an eye for detail.

Just remember that skins pre dating the Normandy Map (May 2017?) may not look right with new shaders - usually its clear if the skin has been updated in the title.

If you fancy doing your own, have a look over on the BOS forums at Detcord 12b's thread - hes based a lot of his 109 kins on late war defence of the Reich aircraft. Whilst the skins wont fit on the DCS model they will give you some inspiration and act as a good reference. Just credit their use a reference if you publish them.

Regards

BOO
    Last edited by BOO; Aug-14-2017 at 03:45.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

5. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

That's great guys. Thanks very much

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

There's a lot of nice stuff you can do to personalise the cockpits as well in some aircraft - dial markings, pictures, graffiti etc - I tended not to bother after a bit though as updates tend to affect whether or not the user changes work any longer. Still worth having a play though for the final stable release..
    F

or instance this is a pic that Gr00ve put up about deflection turned it into a pic that sits on the rear face of the REVI with a bit of added tape (a little rough as ive just quickly cut it from the original flattened image)...

Revi Pic.JPG
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

8. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post