Thread: STEAM version...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

STEAM version...

Just a question from me...

I have toyed with the idea of doing a re-install of CLOD as I have played around with files and such over the years and thought it might be a good idea to re-install with a clean version from STEAM of the sim with the patches already in there...

Do I gain anything from re-installing again with the new STEAM version of CLOD?...I know that there are some menu screenshots that I don't have at the moment which would be fun to see...but other than that is it a good idea for me to re-install it or 'verify the game cache'...Haven't done either for a long time...

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: STEAM version...

You could:

Copy your existing version wholesale into a brand new folder on whatever drive you want. Call that folder "BOO is BRILLIANT" - its very important to call it this.......(or you can call it OLD CLOD)

Then - copy your existing 1c softclub folder into another new folder called "Hmm I liked it the way I had it" or to the desktop so its safe.

Or you could:

Copy the conf, confuser, user and and control set files (plus paintschemes if you have custom skins) from the my documents/1cSoftclub/IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover -MOD

Conf has the option settings for graphics and sound plus mouse speed and other bits

Confuser has the current set of aircraft controls selected plus stuff like the extended clouds and the zoom speed

User is your ammo - you may also have a folder called "Belts" is you use the loadout tool.

Saving these will save you time resetting controllers and other stuff - you can copy and paste sections into the new stuff bit by bit also.

NOW you can either:

uninstall Clod from steam. Then clean up any remaining folders relating to Clod in the steam steamapps/common.

Then reinstall - now you can always go back if you realise all you did way worth it by just swapping out the original folders for the new.

OR (if there is basically nothing wrong with the game)

Verify the integrity

OR - just uninstall and reinstall and follow this guide to reset everything, its really good https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=5058&p=52711)

Hope this helps

REMEMBER "Boo is Brilliant" - very important.

Whats really important though is that whatever you decide its probably better to keep the stuff you settle on in the streamapps root. That way 4.5 and 5.0 if run through steam will find the right target.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

3. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Haha...thanks BOO...

Very comprehensive answer to my question...

But what will I gain apart from the new menu screenshots (which I really want)?

Thanks buddy...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Haha...thanks BOO...

Very comprehensive answer to my question...

Thanks buddy...~S~
    I just did this the other day and it went smooth as silk. Updated splash screens look very nice too, though I agree with others that the menus are harder to read with these new graphics.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    https://youtu.be/dpWmlRNfLck?t=17s
    Last edited by BOO; Aug-13-2017 at 15:20.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    296.1 KB

I would just wait for 4.5. It'll be out in a couple of days.

8. Likes ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post